Boarding time question

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is nothing that allows suites to check in earlier than the printed time on your set sail pass. That is pure urban legend. 

From Royal's C & A site;

A spaced and scheduled boarding process has been implemented for a smooth experience. Flexible Arrival allows our Pinnacle Club and Suite guests to check in at the terminal no earlier than one hour before the 30-minute arrival window you selected ahead of your sailing, or one hour after

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates?ecid=em_12146856&rid=653874303&rcid=61762978&empc=RCIN_SPE_MBAnn_0921&emsc=RCIN_SPE_MBAnn_0921_CS_PROMOEMAILCAPTURE&empf=&emct=GOLD&lnkid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalcaribbean.com%2Fcrown-anchor-society%2Fprogram-updates&ect=TAC&ecv=CS_PROMOEMAILCAPTURE

Edited by Dewaldcruiser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

From Royal's C & A site;

A spaced and scheduled boarding process has been implemented for a smooth experience. Flexible Arrival allows our Pinnacle Club and Suite guests to check in at the terminal no earlier than one hour before the 30-minute arrival window you selected ahead of your sailing, or one hour after

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates?ecid=em_12146856&rid=653874303&rcid=61762978&empc=RCIN_SPE_MBAnn_0921&emsc=RCIN_SPE_MBAnn_0921_CS_PROMOEMAILCAPTURE&empf=&emct=GOLD&lnkid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalcaribbean.com%2Fcrown-anchor-society%2Fprogram-updates&ect=TAC&ecv=CS_PROMOEMAILCAPTURE

Thanks a ton for posting this. We have a 12:30 check-in time in Seattle and I thought I had heard this same info somewhere.

In NJ the check-in times were strictly enforced.  If you arrived late, you were sent to the end of the line.  If you arrived early, you had to wait in a specific area until your group was called.  There was no jumping the line and anyone who did was sent to the end of the line.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is nothing that allows suites to check in earlier than the printed time on your set sail pass. That is pure urban legend. 

Sorry but absolutely true and NOT urban legend.  I received several notifications from Royal that we could arrive up to an hour prior to our scheduled time including the concierge email.

• Like 1

I think the OP needs to lighten up about the "cheating".

Remember, there are a lot of folks that have to take shuttles from Airports, Rental car agencies, Hotels, Parking garages, etc ... 

I don't think we've ever been on a shuttle that is in synch with our check-in times. We've checked in both early and late because of this and we never felt like we "cheated"

For instance, at Ft Lauderdale we always park our car at the hotel we stay at the night before. The hotel includes a shuttle but they only have two scheduled times. We have no choice except to "cheat" or pay for a taxi. I think RCL realizes that when there are upwards of 6000 cruisers on a ship that there will always be circumstances out of control for many. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

In NJ the check-in times were strictly enforced.  If you arrived late, you were sent to the end of the line.  If you arrived early, you had to wait in a specific area until your group was called.  There was no jumping the line and anyone who did was sent to the end of the line.

Same at Baltimore.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skyking said:

Boarded the Anthem in Southampton right at 10:15am on the June 17th sailing.  

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater!

I'd laugh if she said Na, Na, Na, Na ...  Na ...  Na

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, skyking said:

Boarded the Anthem in Southampton right at 10:15am on the June 17th sailing.  

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater!

Might as well throw a towel on a lounge chair near the pool all day to save it and brag about it. Seems like that would be ok with you.

9 minutes ago, coaster said:

Might as well throw a towel on a lounge chair near the pool all day to save it and brag about it. Seems like that would be ok with you.

You should really get over yourself, I mean really. 

And we dont use the pool on sea days, but thanks for the advice. 

Edited by skyking

3 minutes ago, skyking said:

You should really get over yourself, I mean really. 

And we dont use the pool on sea days, but thanks for the advice. 

Think you need to get over yourself and thinking assigned check in times do not apply to you. Why rules need to be enforced for those like you who think they are better than other's that play by the rules.

• Like 1

Just now, coaster said:

Think you need to get over yourself and thinking assigned check in times do not apply to you. Why rules need to be enforced for those like you who think they are better than other's that play by the rules.

You are pretty funny, guess I left out the part where suite guests board first.  I knew you would react the way you did.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skyking said:

You are pretty funny, guess I left out the part where suite guests board first.  I knew you would react the way you did.  

You were wrong not to include the suite details. You are just trying to pick a fight. Had no issues had I known you were in a suite.

Edited by coaster

6 minutes ago, coaster said:

You were wrong not to include the suite details. You are just trying to pick a fight. Had no issues had I known you were in a suite.

Suites board first, checkin times are not enforced, enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by skyking
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, skyking said:

Suites board first, checkin times are not enforced, enjoy your cruise. 

You enjoy your next cruise also! Thank you for your opinion and input even though it was kind of rough at the start between us. Would drink a beer with you anyday! Take care....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

You enjoy your next cruise also! Thank you for your opinion and input even though it was kind of rough at the start between us. Would drink a beer with you anyday! Take care....

Wellllll now I feel bad:) 

Cheers, we miss the Anthem and will be back for sure. 

• Like 1

The real issue I see is that RCCL is creating a policy that they don't always enforce.  If they aren't going to enforce check-in times, then they should not require reserving them.  It just makes passengers anxious about jumping through one more hoop before their cruise.  It would be like Southwest Airlines still having people check-in or pay for Early Bird and then show up to the airport without any boarding order enforcement.  It's going to create havoc and piss off all the people who tried to play be the rules.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skyking said:

Wellllll now I feel bad:) 

Cheers, we miss the Anthem and will be back for sure. 

Guys don't hold grudges based on my experience. A few beers will get us over anything. Don't feel bad....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rudeney said:

The real issue I see is that RCCL is creating a policy that they don't always enforce.  If they aren't going to enforce check-in times, then they should not require reserving them.  It just makes passengers anxious about jumping through one more hoop before their cruise.  It would be like Southwest Airlines still having people check-in or pay for Early Bird and then show up to the airport without any boarding order enforcement.  It's going to create havoc and piss off all the people who tried to play be the rules.  

I have to agree... Get rid of the check in times unless they are enforced at every port of departure. 

• Like 1

the goal of the cruise company is to stagger the arrival of the passengers.  Regardless of the ship, company or port. If everyone showed up at the same time it would delay the ship.  Then there are ways for them to market a vip experience.  Whether thats an extra cost to all passengers like keys or faster to fun, or an elite status for cruising or the type of room.  Now we all have our reasons and even under the best scenario timing is difficult to account for.  NOBODY wants to wait around for minutes or hours to board the vacation they spent a fortune on and stare at the ship while others either violate the rules or had better timing that day. I like rules and I like the rules to apply to all, but I don't like following the rules to be the only one sitting there while other get thru. 

I have and will admit, I push my limits in this regard.  I am ocd on vacation and annoy my family to the extreme because I get antsy and want to gogogogogogo.  So regardless of my time, I WILL be early.  If early I will wait, but would greatly appreciate an quicker start past my hated wait time, and much more enjoyable vacation time.  I will not be pushy or sneaky about it, but will take advantage of any part of the vip experience I cant  afford at this time.  

38 minutes ago, miyanc said:

the goal of the cruise company is to stagger the arrival of the passengers.  Regardless of the ship, company or port. If everyone showed up at the same time it would delay the ship.  Then there are ways for them to market a vip experience.  Whether thats an extra cost to all passengers like keys or faster to fun, or an elite status for cruising or the type of room.  Now we all have our reasons and even under the best scenario timing is difficult to account for.  NOBODY wants to wait around for minutes or hours to board the vacation they spent a fortune on and stare at the ship while others either violate the rules or had better timing that day. I like rules and I like the rules to apply to all, but I don't like following the rules to be the only one sitting there while other get thru. 

I have and will admit, I push my limits in this regard.  I am ocd on vacation and annoy my family to the extreme because I get antsy and want to gogogogogogo.  So regardless of my time, I WILL be early.  If early I will wait, but would greatly appreciate an quicker start past my hated wait time, and much more enjoyable vacation time.  I will not be pushy or sneaky about it, but will take advantage of any part of the vip experience I cant  afford at this time.  

Never spent a fortune on any cruise. I adhere to my check in time and get an earlier one 45 days ahead. Interesting that you feel that you should take priority to check in ahead of us who plan ahead of time and adhere to our scheduled check in time. Hope they make you wait to check in if you disregard your check in time.

Edited by coaster

Doesn’t really apply to me.  I stay up til midnight to get an early boarding time and we, at least so far, only stay in suites.  But I do try very hard not to let other people affect my vacation.  Truly I have no idea what your arrival time is so how would I know you are “sneaking” in early?  It’s not my job to be the rules police.

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

You state that the goal of the cruise company is to stagger the arrival of the passengers.  How are you helping that by trying to check in prior your assigned check in time? Interesting you feel your vacation is more important to those of us who wait for their assigned check in window.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

Doesn’t really apply to me.  I stay up til midnight to get an early boarding time and we, at least so far, only stay in suites.  But I do try very hard not to let other people affect my vacation.  Truly I have no idea what your arrival time is so how would I know you are “sneaking” in early?  It’s not my job to be the rules police.

Not your job, but assigned check in times should be enforced at the pier by the company that Royal contracts out.