Miami: Courtyard Brickell vs Hampton Inn Brickell

ARandomTraveler

I see these 2 hotels recommended often. Their reviews on trip advisor are equitable. Prices are basically the same. I know one is a Marriott and one is a Hilton, but other than that, is there anything that makes one better than the other?

Location? Reviews make them sound like they're in the same place, but According to Google maps, they're a 9 minute drive apart, which to me sounds like they're in quite different places. 

Anyone have any reasons to favor one over the other?

I can only speak for the Hampton. It was recently refurbished and the rooms are clean and fresh. They have the usual free breakfast. There is also a bar inside the hotel near the pool area. Downstairs as soon as you exit are several restaurants. One is a sports bar type that we ate at both nights we were there. There is also a Cuban and a I think a Vietnamese place. There is shopping and other restaurants within walking distance. We stayed there last March and are already booked for 3/23.

They are close with the Hampton Inn directly in Brickell and the Courtyard right across the River technically in downtown.  Hampton Inn has totally renovated their rooms and the Courtyard has not.  

Always be careful when reading the reviews to note that many of the Courtyard review posters have 1 post. 

If it was me personally, I would chose the Hampton Inn easily for both the hotel and the area. Just stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was nice.

• Like 1

I agree with other posts Hampton Inn Brickell. We’ve stay d there twice and next time we cruise out of Miami we would stay there again. Close to transportation and a Publix market and several restaurants close by. 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 7:37 PM, grandmacani said:

Thanks for the input. I just booked the Hampton inn today. I’ve been looking for days and finally went with them. We have stayed at the Holiday inn across from Bayside market place but their pool is closed .

You will enjoy the hotel, the rooms have been so nicely renovated and the location is perfect.  I lived about a block away for 8 years and was just back in May and stayed there one night and was very happy with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

We have stayed a couple of times at Hampton.  Going back in September and excited to see that the rooms have been renovated. Added plus.

We were there in March and the rooms are beautiful!

• Like 1

Does the Hampton Inn have transportation to the cruise port?  We require accommodation for 2 nights in March before we board Symphony OTS for the TA, and I'm looking for hotels (at a reasonable price).   We've only ever cruised from Miami once before, and we stayed at the Embassy Suites near the Airport the night before at that time, but I remember the Hampton was suggested then.    The Hotels that Royal are using are very expensive, and for 2 nights is nearly half the fare of the cruise fare!!!!  

16 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Does the Hampton Inn have transportation to the cruise port?  We require accommodation for 2 nights in March before we board Symphony OTS for the TA, and I'm looking for hotels (at a reasonable price).   We've only ever cruised from Miami once before, and we stayed at the Embassy Suites near the Airport the night before at that time, but I remember the Hampton was suggested then.    The Hotels that Royal are using are very expensive, and for 2 nights is nearly half the fare of the cruise fare!!!!  

The Hampton did not have transportation to the cruise port.  We used Uber. It is a short distance from the Hampton to the port. Price is about $15 when I checked Sunday morning.

Edited by kenb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kenb said:

The Hampton did not have transportation to the cruise port.  We used Uber. It is a short distance from the Hampton to the port. Price is about $15 when I checked Sunday morning.

Thanks for this information, did you get a taxi from the Airport to the Hotel on your arrival, just wondering approx cost of fare if you did.

• 2 weeks later...