Owner Suite Perks

OK We decided to really splurge for our 40th wedding anniversary and grabbed an owners suite for our B2B in November.   I thought I knew where to find stuff but not this time.  Where might I find information about any additional perks for the above type stateroom?  I have my D+ list so I know those.  TIA

8 minutes ago, imola said:

Where might I find information about any additional perks for the above type stateroom? 

Depends on the ship - if on O or Q class, then look for Sky suite class perks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Depends on the ship - if on O or Q class, then look for Sky suite class perks. 

We are on the Radiance and I don't know what class ship that is. 

The perks are the same from GS (Grand Suite) and up.   Though on Oasis class for example, you have Sky and Star class.   Star glass comes with a "Genie" AKA butler of sorts and a lot more perks...with a hefty cash tip for your Genie.  😉 

No CK (Coastal Kitchen) on Radiance class...or Genies.  

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, George C said:

Breakfast in specialty restaurant, happy hour in concierge lounge or suite lounge , priority boarding.

Yup, not really worth paying for over a JS on Radiance class...IMHO.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I get that but it was the only stateroom left that we could get for both cruises,  otherwise we are typical Jr suite folks.  We have done B2B and know that changing staterooms is not a difficult process DH just didn't want to do it this trip.  We decided if we don't spend our money the kids will so therefore went this route. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

We still book full suites on radiance class , but normally book at least voyager class or larger. Owner suite is really nice .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, imola said:

I get that but it was the only stateroom left that we could get for both cruises,  otherwise we are typical Jr suite folks.  We have done B2B and know that changing staterooms is not a difficult process DH just didn't want to do it this trip.  We decided if we don't spend our money the kids will so therefore went this route. 

Yep , spend the money on yourself and enjoy the extra space in your suite .

Have a wonderful cruise .

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, imola said:

Don't get me wrong...there is nothing wrong with booking an OS.  And in fact I adore the GS and up suites on the older ships.   More room, better layout IMHO.   Plus if you are not D+ or Pinnacle...the extra perks are very nice.   I love the double sinks in the bathroom, and the "second toilet" 😉   And the very large balcony is a huge plus. 🙂   We just don't need it on the smaller ships.  

Even being Pinnacle....our last cruise on Harmony was a B2B OS.  Did we need the extra perks...not really...but anniversary being what it may....why not.  🥰

Agree about spending the bucks....when is the last time you saw a hearse towing a U-haul....can't take it with you.  😄   Enjoy your cruise, and your luxury in the OS.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Don't get me wrong...there is nothing wrong with booking an OS.  And in fact I adore the GS and up suites on the older ships.   More room, better layout IMHO.   Plus if you are not D+ or Pinnacle...the extra perks are very nice.   I love the double sinks in the bathroom, and the "second toilet" 😉   And the very large balcony is a huge plus. 🙂 

Even being Pinnacle....our last cruise on Harmony was a B2B OS.  Did we need the extra perks...not really...but anniversary being what it may....why not.  🥰

Agree about spending the bucks....when is the last time you saw a hearse towing a U-haul....can't take it with you.  😄 

Thank you for making us laugh out loud.  What a great picture to paint and so right.  We are excited but feeling a little guilty because we never spend money like this on ourselves.  We are D+ so we know we will get those perks and we know gratuities are higher in this suite but we tip more anyway so not a concern.  The Deck Plans show a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge.  What are the differences?  Which one will be told to use?  On our last 6 cruises the Concierge desk was in the Diamond Lounge.  I am sorry for so many questions. 

I am a little confused as RC has screwed up our final payment dates and said they do not know how nor are they allowed to fix it.  They are saying FP must be paid by 90 days out from sailing but the dates they have given us are both less than 90 days.  Plus the first cruise date FP is due weeks after the second cruise further away sailing date.  He said that RC changed back to 90 FP due prior to sailing a couple of months ago.  Said that since things are better there was no longer a need to give passengers a longer time to decide to sail. 

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We now really prefer celebrity since there perks are more consistent thru there fleet , all ships have suite restaurant nicer than rccl and a suite lounge with free drinks all day and night.

We have not sailed that line but hope to soon.  We hear consistently good things about it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, imola said:

Thank you for making us laugh out loud.  What a great picture to paint and so right.  We are excited but feeling a little guilty because we never spend money like this on ourselves.  We are D+ so we know we will get those perks and we know gratuities are higher in this suite but we tip more anyway so not a concern.  The Deck Plans show a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge.  What are the differences?  Which one will be told to use?  On our last 6 cruises the Concierge desk was in the Diamond Lounge.  I am sorry for so many questions. 

I am a little confused as RC has screwed up our final payment dates and said they do not know how nor are they allowed to fix it.  They are saying FP must be paid by 90 days out from sailing but the dates they have given us are both less than 90 days.  Plus the first cruise date FP is due weeks after the second cruise further away sailing date.  He said that RC changed back to 90 FP due prior to sailing a couple of months ago.  Said that since things are better there was no longer a need to give passengers a longer time to decide to sail. 

Aww...thanks for the compliment.  Yes, my humor can be a bit on the odd side for sure.  😉 

The DL (Diamond lounge) and the CL (concierge lounge) are basically the same.  One of the things I love about those two lounges on Radiance class...are the location.  Right across the hallway from each other...though the CL does have the half circle bar (my favorite)...and has access to seating area outside through sliding glass door.  Another...and more important for me...is if the coffee machine is on the fritz in one.....you can easily try the other.  😉 

Both lounges will have a dedicated concierge person.  So no difference there either.  Since you are in a full suite...and are D+...you have access to both.  

Yes, finals went back to 90 days some time ago.  Hope you are able to get it settled.  

Edited by island lady

22 minutes ago, George C said:

We now really prefer celebrity since there perks are more consistent thru there fleet , all ships have suite restaurant nicer than rccl and a suite lounge with free drinks all day and night.

And now if we can just get a Celebrity ship to home port in Port Canaveral...life would be sweeter.  😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww...thanks for the compliment.  Yes, my humor can be a bit on the odd side for sure.  😉 

The DL (Diamond lounge) and the CL (concierge lounge) are basically the same.  One of the things I love about those two lounges on Radiance class...are the location.  Right across the hallway from each other...though the CL does have the half circle bar (my favorite)...and has access to seating area outside through sliding glass door.  Another...and more important for me...is if the coffee machine is on the fritz in one.....you can easily try the other.  😉 

Both lounges will have a dedicated concierge person.  So no difference there either.  Since you are in a full suite...and are D+...you have access to both.  

Yes, finals went back to 90 days some time ago.  Hope you are able to get it settled.  

You are a wealth information.  Thank you so much for your help.  What can you share about travel insurance?  I have looked at Insure my Trip but wow they want a lot of money.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, imola said:

You are a wealth information.  Thank you so much for your help.  What can you share about travel insurance?  I have looked at Insure my Trip but wow they want a lot of money.

Call Steve (often a contributor here on CC) or one of his associates at the Trip Insurance Store.

We've been using this company for years and their just amazing finding the best policy based on needs.

888 407-3854

We only cruise the Radiance Class ships in full suites and for us, the Concierge Lounge and the breakfast in Chops make it worth every penny.  The wait staff gets to know you and your preferences and the bar tenders in the CL are fantastic!  It will be very worth it IMO.  Congrats to you for booking it as a B2B.

15 hours ago, imola said:

You are most welcome!  Happy to help.  🙂 

The insurance I have is through GeoBlue.  Have had them for 6 years or so...and (fortunately) have never had to use them.  I have it mostly for major medical cost that can occur when overseas.  But I don't use "trip insurance".    

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1