Explora not doing it for this Yacht Club cruiser.

Nashna

@Nashna No attempt to be snarky here.  Read it as if I am a curious poster.

We’re you hoping to try the new Europa line?  And are saddened about the price?  Would you consider cruising the lines that offer similar elevated experiences for a lower starting price (you mentioned Azamara, Viking…)

I understand the desire for some of the services offered with Concierge-level accommodations, principally not standing a long time in lines.  Secondly, it would be nice to have better food than is sometimes found in MDRs (quality ingredients, more than exotic dishes.)

For a conversation, I would love to know if the services you appreciate will be offered to the entry-level rooms on the new line.  If it is to get your desired services, does it matter if you are meeting your needs or is it to have something better than others?  

Is it time to get off the boat that serves the masses and go with a smaller, more upscale carrier.? Or would expect to end up in lengthy lines again if you didn’t book a higher priced room?

Viking cruises look like a lovely experience.  

5 hours ago, baelor said:

If you want to make the claim that the MDR dining experience is equivalent to dining at Daniel, then you have clearly never dined at Daniel.

Daniel is great, the MDR does not even compare and even YC dining is not up to par either.

5 hours ago, baelor said:

I am not talking about people following the rules.  Obviously they should do that, and dress codes should be enforced to the extent they exist.

I am only talking about those cases in which people are not actually violating express rules.

How does that differ from the boarding times every one is given?

It is clear that everyone is given a boarding time why is that not enforced?

You can't pick and choose what to enforce.

On 7/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gatordad1967 said:

What, no separate exit?  I bet they arrive at the port the same time as the poor passengers.  Not for me.

on Celebrity one lady complained that she had to walk under the rain to the ship and no one carried umbrella for her " it Celebrity not Carnival" was her exact words. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Which boarding time?  MSC is known for giving three times via email, online, text within last 7 days.  All different.  One was after ship left port and not just us.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Which boarding time?  MSC is known for giving three times via email, online, text within last 7 days.  All different.  One was after ship left port and not just us.

Well that is MSC.

You need to call, waste hours of your time and wait to be surprised what they screw up next.

People can't pick and choose what MSC puts in print to follow.

I bet almost everyone shows up when they want. I do!

In reality, what does the dress code accomplish?  Trying to make a Michelin star restaurant out of a Chuck E Cheese? 🙂

We just need to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!

• Like 2

On 7/20/2022 at 12:56 AM, wcook said:

I used to live in Weehawken. Sadly, they have a strict “do dueling” policy. Anyone know if dueling is legal in international waters?

If you go there you are forced to duel?  Must help keep the population down.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Seems like you’re saying that “well-educated, rich, urban elites” can’t be defined as classless bumpkins. 

There’s a whole different world between ‘schooled’ and ‘educated’.  

Careful!  Note the poster's home city:  Seattle.  Same city as our young sailing 'friend!'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

OMG I forgot why I came and what did I wanted to ask. LOL Last time I cruised it was before Covid but when did MSC attracted all Celebrity snobs?

When those same Celebrity snobs could no longer afford X’s inflated prices lol (says she who is jumping from MSC to Azamara and X due to the downgrading of the YC experience). 

Just now, JAGR said:

Careful!  Note the poster's home city:  Seattle.  Same city as our young sailing 'friend!'

🤣. Hi J.  Was so sorry to not do Seashore in March.  Got a real bad attack of vertigo and had to cancel. 

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

🤣. Hi J.  Was so sorry to not do Seashore in March.  Got a real bad attack of vertigo and had to cancel. 

You were missed!  We had  a very good B2B on her.  Hope you are fully recovered.

2 minutes ago, JAGR said:

You were missed!  We had  a very good B2B on her.  Hope you are fully recovered.

Thanks - thankfully I am (at least I’m hoping to not have another attack.  We’re in an aft cabin next month for 11 nights.  Not sure that the vibrations won’t trigger another one. 😱🤪). 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

When those same Celebrity snobs could no longer afford X’s inflated prices

Interestingly, I’ve actually seen some incredible prices for last minute X cruises lately. Of course, those were down in steerage, not in /false whisper voice/ the sanctuary. Or whatever they call their yacht club. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wcook said:

Interestingly, I’ve actually seen some incredible prices for last minute X cruises lately. Of course, those were down in steerage, not in /false whisper voice/ the sanctuary. Or whatever they call their yacht club. 

Apparently their suites sell out (and, of course, many do the Move-up bidding, freeing up a lot of cabins in steerage).   I don’t think the infinity cabins on Edge class are popular, either, and most of the balconies are just that. 

TBH, DH and I have just been discussing the fact that we don’t need the Retreat on X.  We’ve booked it for September and will maybe only dine in their suite restaurant on one night 🙄.  We’re not ones for hanging out all day on the pool deck, so we probably won’t even use the Retreat one much. Only reason we booked a suite was because it’s our anniversary - and we got a good price at the time of booking, with some nice perks. 

Edited by Beamafar

14 minutes ago, wcook said:

X has become a "sort of" all inclusive line, inflating the prices, but, at least for certain European sailings they're selling some cabins some 45 days or less from sailing day at a very interesting rate sometimes without the AI part, lately and not so lately. Pay attention to a detail though. At 45 days onward from sailing, here in Europe, companies could not register new guests whom need special needs for embarkation, like wheelchair users, so, possibly some of those cabins will to be accessible cabins sold out for the general public. They're larger, but not everyone fully enjoys them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Apparently their suites sell out (and, of course, many do the Move-up bidding, freeing up a lot of cabins in steerage).   I don’t think the infinity cabins on Edge class are popular, either, and most of the balconies are just that. 

TBH, DH and I have just been discussing the fact that we don’t need the Retreat on X.  We’ve booked it for September and will maybe only dine in their suite restaurant on one night 🙄.  We’re not ones for hanging out all day on the pool deck, so we probably won’t even use the Retreat one much. Only reason we booked a suite was because it’s our anniversary - and we got a good price at the time of booking, with some nice perks. 

Have a good anniversary, then, Bea!... Let us to enjoy those wonderful moments while we can on this so complex as it can be for the next times to come on our Europe!...

Just now, Nunagoras said:

Have a good anniversary, then, Bea!... Let us to enjoy those wonderful moments while we can on this so complex as it can be for the next times to come on our Europe!...

Cheers, N. 😘  Best wishes to you, too. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, alohayall said:

@Nashna No attempt to be snarky here.  Read it as if I am a curious poster.

We’re you hoping to try the new Europa line?  And are saddened about the price?  Would you consider cruising the lines that offer similar elevated experiences for a lower starting price (you mentioned Azamara, Viking…)

I understand the desire for some of the services offered with Concierge-level accommodations, principally not standing a long time in lines.  Secondly, it would be nice to have better food than is sometimes found in MDRs (quality ingredients, more than exotic dishes.)

For a conversation, I would love to know if the services you appreciate will be offered to the entry-level rooms on the new line.  If it is to get your desired services, does it matter if you are meeting your needs or is it to have something better than others?  

Is it time to get off the boat that serves the masses and go with a smaller, more upscale carrier.? Or would expect to end up in lengthy lines again if you didn’t book a higher priced room?

Viking cruises look like a lovely experience.  

Thank you for asking.  We have sailed on 58 cruises from Carnival to Seabourn, NCL to Regent.   When we were younger, long lines and buffets were fine.  We enjoyed our cruising in steerage.  Now that we are older, we look for cruises with excellent service, no queues, no chair hogs by the pool, and no waiting for a table in the dining room.  We were alerted to MSC Yacht Club while on a Holland America cruise that had long lines, chair hogs, crowded shows, and 30-minute waits for dinner.  We vowed that we would not go back to that type of cruising.  On the other hand, we truly enjoyed the Yacht Club.  No waiting, butlers who indeed served, private dining, reserved seating for shows,  luggage accepted curbside, then delivered right to your stateroom, plus a fantastic captain's cocktail party in the private lounge.  There is no way that MSC Europa  can give that unique experience to a ship full of passengers.  We enjoyed a recent sailing on Celebrity as their retreat is similar to YC.  We have two more planned on Celebrity and have just put a deposit on Oceania sailing.  We would consider a future sailing in the Yacht Club on MSC if the itinerary is interesting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Thank you for asking.  We have sailed on 58 cruises from Carnival to Seabourn, NCL to Regent.   When we were younger, long lines and buffets were fine.  We enjoyed our cruising in steerage.  Now that we are older, we look for cruises with excellent service, no queues, no chair hogs by the pool, and no waiting for a table in the dining room.  We were alerted to MSC Yacht Club while on a Holland America cruise that had long lines, chair hogs, crowded shows, and 30-minute waits for dinner.  We vowed that we would not go back to that type of cruising.  On the other hand, we truly enjoyed the Yacht Club.  No waiting, butlers who indeed served, private dining, reserved seating for shows,  luggage accepted curbside, then delivered right to your stateroom, plus a fantastic captain's cocktail party in the private lounge.  There is no way that MSC Europa  can give that unique experience to a ship full of passengers.  We enjoyed a recent sailing on Celebrity as their retreat is similar to YC.  We have two more planned on Celebrity and have just put a deposit on Oceania sailing.  We would consider a future sailing in the Yacht Club on MSC if the itinerary is interesting.  

Explora - not Europa. 

16 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I mean, you can, but you shouldn't.  Boarding times should be enforced if they are presented as rules rather than suggestions.