Can someone tell me how to search for a repositioning cruise?

KyleClark

When you go to NCLs website, on the search function, (find a cruise, I think it says) for destination there is transatlantic and I think Al’s a transpacific.  But if you want a repo from say Miami to NYC, then you need to search through the destination, ie Bermuda, New England,Carib, etc.

Technically speaking, any of the Pacific Coastal cruises are going to be 'repositioning'.  They're usually run between the Mexican Riviera and Alaska seasons, on both ends of the Alaska season.  Usually the Panama Canal full transit cruises are going to be the same, unless there's a ship doing runs between the coasts all the time.

• Like 2

Re-positioning cruises arre longer cruises going from one Season to another usually in the Spring and Fall.  For example from the Alaskan Summer Season to the Caribbean Winter Season ( as few as 14 days to 22 days or more--The Bliss and Encore.  The Sun this year will be going to Europe at the end of the Alaskan season.  The Spirit will be going to Southeast Asia.  The Breakway will be sailing to New Orleans at the end of Her Summer season.  A good local travel agent can help you figure it all out.

2 hours ago, KyleClark said:

I can't seem to figure it out.  I see Transatlantic cruises but not repositioning.  Thx...

For the most part NCL does not sail between Europe the USA & Caribbean on a regular

scheduled basis - all these cruises are therefore repositions.

Repositions occur most often with the change of seasons.

When using the NCL website or a TA one look at the menu options -

Cruise Destination

Cruise Length

Ship

Cruise Line

Port(s) of Departure

Dates

Fill in the blanks

Should zero in on what you maybe looking for

And note the ship repositioning cruises may not be titled as a Repositioning Cruise !

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

When you go to NCLs website, on the search function, (find a cruise, I think it says) for destination there is transatlantic and I think Al’s a transpacific.  But if you want a repo from say Miami to NYC, then you need to search through the destination, ie Bermuda, New England,Carib, etc.

For the most part, NCL would sail a ship empty between Miami to NYC versus having to go all the way down to the ABCs and back up. Although there are a few cruises like on the Prima that are doing the long way. 

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For the most part, NCL would sail a ship empty between Miami to NYC versus having to go all the way down to the ABCs and back up. Although there are a few cruises like on the Prima that are doing the long way. 

Pooh are, also add the Prima in October, Galveston to Miami

On 7/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, KyleClark said:

I can't seem to figure it out.  I see Transatlantic cruises but not repositioning.  Thx...

We are on a 14 night repositioning from NYC to New Orleans in November.  I just search from cruises out of my home port (NYC) greater than 7 nights. Good luck!

On 7/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, KyleClark said:

Transatlantic is repositioning.  Or you can also tick "Extraordinary" which would include South Africa to Dubai, some Pacific or Trans-pacific, and Panama Canal.

Go to cruiseplum and use their search feature. If you want a specific cruiseline, you can specify that. But the key you're looking for is this:

image.png.f7b9eb9d257150ad28cf24a0f2cb94b4.png

Set roundtrip to "no" and you'll find all the one-way cruises available. Might not be a formal reposition - but it starts in one place and ends in another.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 3:31 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Go to cruiseplum and use their search feature. If you want a specific cruiseline, you can specify that. But the key you're looking for is this:

image.png.f7b9eb9d257150ad28cf24a0f2cb94b4.png

Set roundtrip to "no" and you'll find all the one-way cruises available. Might not be a formal reposition - but it starts in one place and ends in another.

Excellent!

On 7/18/2022 at 7:57 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I always use a "ticker" website and use that features "90 day" things 

Great sorting feature.

Agree, this is the best site for search criteria we have found. The "region" category's drop-down menu includes "repositioning" as a search criterion...🙂