Will Carnival Follow Princess Easing Vaccine Restrictions

sunonfire

15 hours ago, InNeedOfSaltWater said:

Here ya go

Cruise lines like Carnival  (CCL) - Get Carnival Corporation Report now are able to board passengers without covid tests, which will not only speed up the boarding process, but also give a sigh of relief for travelers. Travelers were subjected to passing a covid test less than 2 days before being able to board the cruise lines. If someone tested positive, they wouldn’t be allowed to embark with the rest of the cruise line passengers, canceling or ruining their vacations.

TheStreet: Carnival Cruise Lines Brings Back a Fan Favorite.
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/cruise-carnival-camp-ocean

This offers nothing specific about Carnival's (or CCL's other brands) or any major line's change in policy, just that in theory there is an opportunity for a change.  Which is what potential investors may perceive as a positive change in the potential revenue streams.

We still await an actual announcement from the major lines, AFAIK.

(thestreet.com is a stock market "news" site, so focuses on news that can impact stock prices and other investor-related items, from what I gather)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival won't sail into a hurricane, either. The safety of ship, passengers, and crew come first.

Are you implying that other cruise lines will sail into a hurricane?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Are you implying that other cruise lines will sail into a hurricane?

I believe the implication is that the decision to relax testing (or vaccine) requirements is outside of Carnival's control, as it depends on external factors (like what ports still require one or both, which are very much non-zero).

On 7/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, jetsfan58 said:

If we are careless and don't consider all possibilities (insignificant or not) the Pandemic will again "Win" and shut the Industry down.  

The pandemic is 2.5 years old ,mutated and been around the world 10 times.. it already won. People cannot defeat nature

• Like 3

On 7/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, asalligo said:

I just got booked my first Princess cruise for November, no vaccine required. Already approved to sail. Carnival better jump on the wagon and get some of this money. 

This is awesome. Congratulations. Off to check the Princess website!!  Woohoo!!! ❤ ❤ 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, Ihearttravel11 said:

My younger brother just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska. Within 3 days he was sick and tested positive for Covid within the week.
Covid is going to spread, like a cold (albeit worse than a common cold). You cannot stop it 100%.
I agree that a person knows the risk when boarding a ship. We leave in 2 weeks. We know that the chance of us coming home with Covid are there. We are all in good health and willing to accept that fact.

For sure. I went to NY in April and came home with Covid and FL in May and came home with Covid.  It spreads on ships and off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

For sure. I went to NY in April and came home with Covid and FL in May and came home with Covid.  It spreads on ships and off. 

And we spent 12 days on the Celebrity Apex in January, 14 on the Carnival Mardi Gras in February, 14 on the Discovery Princess in April and 12 on the Oasis OTS in June.  This included half a dozen airline trips, four hotel stays and 52 days at sea. Haven't gotten Covid yet and only wore a mask when it was required, not recommended.  Double shot and double boosted, so if we get it on one of our two remaining 14 night cruises this year, so be it.  At least it hopefully will be less intense than those who possibly get it that are doing cartwheels over Princess's new 10% unvaccinated policy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

This is awesome. Congratulations. Off to check the Princess website!!  Woohoo!!! ❤ ❤ 

Just noted the new RCL announcement in regard to testing....Off to RCL to plan our next cruise.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

And we spent 12 days on the Celebrity Apex in January, 14 on the Carnival Mardi Gras in February, 14 on the Discovery Princess in April and 12 on the Oasis OTS in June.  This included half a dozen airline trips, four hotel stays and 52 days at sea. Haven't gotten Covid yet and only wore a mask when it was required, not recommended.  Double shot and double boosted, so if we get it on one of our two remaining 14 night cruises this year, so be it.  At least it hopefully will be less intense than those who possibly get it that are doing cartwheels over Princess's new 10% unvaccinated policy.

yes. Hopefully it will be mild. I am unvaccinated and have had it three times once 2020 (caught at work - I’m an RN) and twice in 2022 on trips. All three were mild ❤ 

4 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

yes. Hopefully it will be mild. I am unvaccinated and have had it three times once 2020 (caught at work - I’m an RN) and twice in 2022 on trips. All three were mild ❤ 

You're an RN and unvaccinated?  SMH.  You're rolling the dice in my opinion unnecessarily, but it's your option if your employer doesn't mandate it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You're an RN and unvaccinated?  SMH.  You're rolling the dice in my opinion unnecessarily, but it's your option if your employer doesn't mandate it.

The virus, with  99.98 survivor rate never needed a jab.   she is an RN, she knows the virus. Now's it's omicron, more like a flu

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Thank you

22 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Only on cruises of five days or less.  If the cruise is six days or more, you still need to be pre-tested.

Carnival now has dropped pre testing on cruises of 5 days or less as of Aug 4th.  I believe vaccination requirements are still in effect or at least I hope so - I also am an RN and highly recommend being vaxxed and boosted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eclue said:

Carnival now has dropped pre testing on cruises of 5 days or less as of Aug 4th.  I believe vaccination requirements are still in effect or at least I hope so - I also am an RN and highly recommend being vaxxed and boosted.

Screenshot_20220729-155534.png

4 hours ago, TheSeagoer said:

The virus, with  99.98 survivor rate never needed a jab.   she is an RN, she knows the virus. Now's it's omicron, more like a flu

Another anti vaxxer.  Have you put in for your spot on Princess yet with their 10% cruisers like yourself?

4 hours ago, eclue said:

They are.  Carnival just regurgitated the new requirements that Royal came out with yesterday.

Eventually the industry will figure out that the money tree will end and will change their policies.   The quicker they do that the better to their bottom line.  Only fools intentionally limit their the customer base at this point especially in light of current Covid Negligence laws for businesses.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 11:17 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

They are.  Carnival just regurgitated the new requirements that Royal came out with yesterday.

Or another way to look at it is they reviewed all variables on their own timetable and came out with their own plan.  There is no prize for being first, sometimes their are pain when being beleeding edge.  The point is it makes zero difference.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Or another way to look at it is they reviewed all variables on their own timetable and came out with their own plan.  There is no prize for being first, sometimes their are pain when being beleeding edge.  The point is it makes zero difference.

5 days seven days 9 days. What's the difference 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bowulf said:

Eventually the industry will figure out that the money tree will end and will change their policies.   The quicker they do that the better to their bottom line.  Only fools intentionally limit their the customer base at this point especially in light of current Covid Negligence laws for businesses.

As Carnival specifically highlights covid lawsuits in SEC filings, they would be fools to ignore.

As an example:

"We have received, and may continue to receive, lawsuits, other governmental investigations and
other actions stemming from COVID-19. We cannot predict the quantum or outcome of any such
proceedings, some of which could result in the imposition of civil and criminal penalties in the future, and
the impact that they will have on our financial results, but any such impact may be material."