Fresh off Allure - A Tale of Two Royals

17 minutes ago, Luv2teachandcruise said:

We were on the Allure July 3-9. Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast, we ate their twice, but we preferred Wipeout Cafe because they make "made to order" omelettes. And their waffles were delicious!

I like the Wipeout Cafe too. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luv2teachandcruise said:

We were on the Allure July 3-9. Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast, we ate their twice, but we preferred Wipeout Cafe because they make "made to order" omelettes. And their waffles were delicious!

this is one of the places we still have not tried on the ship yet! After 15 total days on her. I guess because it’s near all the kid stuff which we tend to avoid. 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steppy08 said:

this is one of the places we still have not tried on the ship yet! After 15 total days on her. I guess because it’s near all the kid stuff which we tend to avoid. 😂

I dont blame you, but it is pretty quiet in the morning. There are usually the pickleball oayers on the court, and a few people plating ping pong. 

On 7/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, firefly333 said:

Was johnny rockets open for breakfast? How about the solarium for all 3 meals?

We were on this same sailing and had breakfast at both Johnny Rockets and the Solarium. Both were very good and not very crowded. We love the smaller venues for breakfast. For anyone looking for gluten free options they were able to make the breakfast sandwiches with gf bread at Johnny Rockets. (they can do gf french toast too if you request it a day in advance).

On 7/18/2022 at 1:11 PM, firefly333 said:

Was johnny rockets open for breakfast? How about the solarium for all 3 meals?

I had the donuts on liberty in WJ but grandeur had no filled donuts in WJ but 2 kinds of avacado toast. I dont like their avacado toast, lol  I want slices of avacado not guacamole squeezed out of a bag.

Did you try the suite lounge for the donuts. That's where I found them on grandeur in the diamond lounge. 

Which deck were you on with your end of boardwalk cabin? I'm on allure b2b in dec. Hoping to eat breakfast at johnny rockets and have their hash browns. I think I'm deck 10 far aft 2nd week to see the wake and diving show. Glad you loved allure. Any pictures of your cabin and view.

On Allure there's a donut kiosk in the Boardwalk area.  

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On Allure there's a donut kiosk in the Boardwalk area.  

but not free.

We had donuts free on liberty in WJ. No charge. Different filling every day.

Grandeur I did finally find them in diamond lounge. Not paying for a donut. Free is better.

Maybe why I love johnny rockets for breakfast on oasis class  .. it's free. Yes I know they added some non free items now. Maybe wj wouldnt be so crowded. Oasis out of miami we had a ton of non english speaking who all rushed the WJ all the time. Havent done oasis class since oasis was very new when I flew to florida twice. 

Bring on allure. I simply cant wait to see her in Galveston.. I remember good salads in the cafe, hope they are still so good as what I remember. Still have bags of chips?

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

but not free.

Grandeur I did finally find them in diamond lounge. Not paying for a donut. Free is better.

Maybe why I love johnny rockets for breakfast on oasis class  .. it's free. Yes I know they added some non free items now. Maybe wj wouldnt be so crowded. Oasis out of miami we had a ton of non english speaking who all rushed the WJ all the time. Havent done oasis class since oasis was very new when I flew to florida twice. 

Bring on allure. I simply cant wait to see her in Galveston.. I remember good salads in the cafe, hope they are still so good as what I remember. Still have bags of chips?

On the January sail the donuts were free. 

When did they start charging.   I’ll see when I sail her in September. 

Edited by nelblu

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was going to ask the same question. When fid they start charging? Though I never went there on my past 3 or 4 cruises on the ship.

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

but not free.

Donuts were still free on the Boardwalk on Allure last week...and yes...you can still get chips at Park Cafe 🙂

• Like 2

I remember the first time we sailed on Allure some years ago, the only place one could get doughnuts was at the Boardwalk.  Could not wait for 8 AM to roll around as they were placed on the shelves, and they were warm as though they were recently baked.  They tasted wonderful with coffee that was placed in the little sitting area.    As I recall, this was the only place that one could get these delicacies.

Today, in addition to the Boardwalk, they are available in the WJ & MDR, however, they are not warm and have been standing before being put out.

5 hours ago, KansCocoa said:

I’m still mad you didn’t take me with you like you did the last time on Allure!! 😝

Is it too late for me to fly to Alaska and stow away???? 😂

we are looking at Arctic circle for next year!

• Like 1

My family and I cruised on Allure a few years ago.  She's my second favorite Royal Caribbean ship.  #1 is Symphony.  

The Aqua Theater Suite was beyond any expectations!  I can't think of a single negative thing to say about the Allure or Symphony.  Next Oasis Class Ship is Harmony.  

We have done the Oasis but it was before she went in for her overhaul pre-Pandemic, she was showing a  lot of wear and tear at that time.  

My son and I were on the same cruise. I absolutely love the Allure and her crew, but she is starting to show her age and desperately needs some updating in a few places (like the carpet).

I realize that RCI is having issues with getting back to the usual crew quantities, but the lack of things to do on the ship was apparent. Remember when Oasis class had TWO pages of activities in the Cruise Compass? So we had almost 6,000 guests and 1/3 of the activities, which meant if you didn't show up to trivia 30 minutes early, you weren't getting a seat. That got old real quick. 

Mama Mia was outstanding as usual. I noticed that no one left the theatre during the entire performance (*cough*CATS*cough). And the aqua show...well, that's the whole reason you book an Oasis class. 

Absolutely loved to see Indian food in the WJ every lunch! And did you try that Jerk pork on the last sea day? OMG. To die for.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hucifer said:

My son and I were on the same cruise. I absolutely love the Allure and her crew, but she is starting to show her age and desperately needs some updating in a few places (like the carpet).

I realize that RCI is having issues with getting back to the usual crew quantities, but the lack of things to do on the ship was apparent. Remember when Oasis class had TWO pages of activities in the Cruise Compass? So we had almost 6,000 guests and 1/3 of the activities, which meant if you didn't show up to trivia 30 minutes early, you weren't getting a seat. That got old real quick. 

Mama Mia was outstanding as usual. I noticed that no one left the theatre during the entire performance (*cough*CATS*cough). And the aqua show...well, that's the whole reason you book an Oasis class. 

Absolutely loved to see Indian food in the WJ every lunch! And did you try that Jerk pork on the last sea day? OMG. To die for.

The Aqua show was good. It seemed like it hadn’t changed much, if at all, from 2013. 

We didn’t really notice any lack of activities, but then again we don’t really participate too much in the organized stuff. Only airport/airline related trivia which was apparently in port at Curaçao. 

I actually thought the Indian food on Enchantment in the WJ was far better and better variety than what we saw on Allure. did not try the jerk chicken, we ate at Johnny Rocket’s the last lunch (it was kind a disappointing too so bummer).

Mama Mia was well performed. But IMO both it and Cats are terrible shows. But hubby and I are both musicians so we are picky about such things. 

• Like 1

Was on July 3-9 too, Johnny Rockets breakfast menu is very limited, ate there once for breakfast and wasn’t impressed. Solarium was open and has a omelette station, better selection and good views. 
preferred Wipe Out hot dogs over The Dog House, too much bread. Liked Giovanni’s best and the MDR. Did my time dinning, sat in the 355 area and had Hilton and Prince as servers.  Great service. Made in Giovanni’s was equally as good. 

I'm not too adventurous with food.  I stick to American meat and potatoes.  However, I love Curried Chicken over rice with Mango Chutney, raisins, apples, and a few other things.  Also, at Buffalo Wild Wings, I love the Thai Curry wings.  Does the Windjammer have either of those?  If they do, I may never leave.  LOL

Edited by Ret MP

On 7/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, Steppy08 said:

Two differences: the Enchantment had way better avocado toast

I just discovered the avocado toast on Ovation last week and I had it at breakfast every day. I love it!

When is Allure going to get the slides and things added? We are considering booking next July out of Galveston, and I had hoped it would be before they did all of that.

I was on this sailing also.  Nothing was an absolute standout except Mamma Mia and the Ice Cast.  Both were fantastic.  I saw all 3 Mamma Mias and 3 Ice shows.

I sailed on Enchantment in June.  That thing needs to be beached in Turkey and scrapped.  I've been on 8 ships this year and Enchantment is the worst...BY FAR.  I have a friend onboard the sailing leaving today.  He says it hasn't gotten any better.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:27 PM, Ret MP said:

I'm not too adventurous with food.  I stick to American meat and potatoes.  However, I love Curried Chicken over rice with Mango Chutney, raisins, apples, and a few other things.  Also, at Buffalo Wild Wings, I love the Thai Curry wings.  Does the Windjammer have either of those?  If they do, I may never leave.  LOL

I was on a couple weeks ago and they had several curry dishes on the days I ate in the Windjammer. I missed the Butter Chicken but heard it was amazing. They had several international dishes to choose from and everything I tried was great. I don't remember if they ever had any Thai chicken but they did have jerk chicken and fried plantains. It's making me hungry just thinking about it! 😋

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crism said:

I was on this sailing also.  Nothing was an absolute standout except Mamma Mia and the Ice Cast.  Both were fantastic.  I saw all 3 Mamma Mias and 3 Ice shows.

I sailed on Enchantment in June.  That thing needs to be beached in Turkey and scrapped.  I've been on 8 ships this year and Enchantment is the worst...BY FAR.  I have a friend onboard the sailing leaving today.  He says it hasn't gotten any better.

You didn't fine the dive show impressive?

16 hours ago, Crism said:

Ugh that's horrible. We were scheduled to be on Brilliance next May for Europe, but they just swapped ships.  We'll be on Enchantment.  I feel like we just got majorly downgraded.  Oh well - this trip is all about the itinerary and less about the ship.  I just hope it gets worked on prior to our May sailing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 2:16 PM, Steppy08 said:

Oh okay. Here are the views from this cruise. Room 7644 this time 

the “bump balconies” are nice and very private

We are in 7642 on Symphony, I assume the setup of the ship should be the pretty much the same.  Can you tell me what is across the hall from these cabins?  It is blank on the deck plan.  I just want to make sure there aren't crew areas and doors that will cause a lot of noise. 

Thanks!

On 7/20/2022 at 2:49 PM, nelblu said:

We sailed Allure in March, had a wonderful time and enjoyed the free donuts!