CocoCay confusion

I’m getting offers for package deals for our fall cruise which stops at CocoCay. I understand there’s an upscale area that you pay a premium for,  but if you just want to hang on the beach or by the pool do you need to pay for chairs/lounges with umbrellas?

Almost the entire island is covered in loungers with plenty of umbrellas at no additional cost. Several included food options & if you have a drink package or Diamond & above drink vouchers, they all work there too.

We love going there & not spending a penny other than tipping for our Diamond drinks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheRegas said:

I’m getting offers for package deals for our fall cruise which stops at CocoCay. I understand there’s an upscale area that you pay a premium for,  but if you just want to hang on the beach or by the pool do you need to pay for chairs/lounges with umbrellas?

The only real paid area are the Coco Beach Club (top) and the Thrill Water Park (bottom right)

Lots of complimentary loungers with umbrellas on Chill Island, Harbor Beach, Oasis Lagoon (pool) and South Beach. There are two full complimentary buffets for lunch. 

image.thumb.png.d49fd4030cdf9aa85f2565e3ea6af850.png

image.png.b89d986f3faba7dcc030c048e502908b.png

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Almost the entire island is covered in loungers with plenty of umbrellas at no additional cost. Several included food options & if you have a drink package or Diamond & above drink vouchers, they all work there too.

We love going there & not spending a penny other than tipping for our Diamond drinks.

I concur...

6 hours ago, TheRegas said:

I see that many commented on the beach, but the pool is also a nice place to hang out with several loungers and umbrellas.😀

We did the CocoCay Beach club a few months back...My thoughts...

• It was nice and it was a tad bit of an upscale from what is offered out everywhere else on the island.  
  • We paid a REALLY cheap price for it it it was an easy choice for a "Lets try it"  (We paid $62 per person)
  • The private lunch was good but having been on the island several time before and NOT at the club...The lunches are good everywhere - and at no cost.   
  • Service was slow at the beach club - major downer... (If you want faster service, you need to wear a bikini...😜)
  • Overall, we decided NOT to do it again - even if we could get it at $62 bucks again.  As others have said, there is plenty of free stuff that is super awesome, in the shade and close to drinks...
  • Pro Tip:  Find a spot and camp there for TWO hours.  Don't get to attached to it.  Then move to another area and try it out, repeat every 2+ hours...You get different vibes everywhere you go...AND it's all good
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

• Pro Tip:  Find a spot and camp there for TWO hours.  Don't get to attached to it.  Then move to another area and try it out, repeat every 2+ hours...You get different vibes everywhere you go...AND it's all good

That's exactly what we do. We sleep in on Coco Cay beach days. We start at Chill island. After lunch we go to the pool. Our last stop is snacks and Beach time at the snack shack at South Beach. 

7 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Pro Tip:  Find a spot and camp there for TWO hours.  Don't get to attached to it.  Then move to another area and try it out, repeat every 2+ hours...You get different vibes everywhere you go...AND it's all good

Agreed, especially if it’s your first or even 2nd time there.

Now that we’ve been there 3 times (4th is tomorrow), we have our preferred routine. This is the closest we come to chair hogging but it’s not that bad IMO.

We have a spot by the pool we like (not far from the swim up bar, but not on the DJ side so we can hear music but it’s not super loud). Also not far from the Snack Shack on the way to Chill Island… kind of in between the pool & Chill Island. We claim 2 loungers with an umbrella early in the morning, then go to Chill Island so my wife can snorkel a bit (she saw a huge sting ray & her baby on Saturday) while I just chill and have my first drink, then we migrate back to our pool chairs, have some snack shack food later, eventually go to Chill Grill, then return to the pool chairs.