Any way to change flight with NCL air

Analog187

5 minutes ago, Analog187 said:

100% agree and I normally do that but the sales guy pitched it to me and I asked a million questions and he lied to me to get the sale.  I had cruise credit and a canceled cruise and he called me the day it was about to expire.  I asked about red eye flights, long layovers, everything.  He assured me that it would be at most an afternoon flight but usually would be a late morning flight.  I had no real time to check any of this so I just went with it.  Done with NCL after this I can tell you that.  They don't care that their sales guy lied to me.  It is what it is.  I have more points than anyone could ever use so I got a free hotel and a flight home.  It's just stupid that I can't even pay money to change my flight.   

The salesman basically quoted their policy- which is out the window these days because flights are a nightmare now, nobody can promise anything.  NCL is at the mercy of the airlines just like anyone else and they do what they can.  Sometimes the only option is a late flight.

Speaking as someone who recently ended up with an overnight layover because my original flights got cancelled - fortunately I had a planned to arrive a day early, so made it to my cruise on time. And now sitting in the airport with a 6 hr delay on my way home, hoping the airline is planning to get everyone rebooked (that's what they are saying).  Called NCL (they do answer, just takes a long time) and they offered to rebook but waiting for now to see what the airline does.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:56 PM, Analog187 said:

I called back.  The rep I spoke with was very confused because I should not have even received my ticketing info until 30 days out.  It's 50 days out and I got it a few days ago.  She can't even see it in her system.  Said she was going to try to get someone on the phone with me but all she really did was transfer me to the air department and they don't answer the phone.  I'll probably have to call them first thing in the morning.  The saga continues.  

I don't think that is always true. I got my tickets on June 7 for my July 31 cruise. I even logged into Delta and picked my seats.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:56 PM, Analog187 said:

I called back.  The rep I spoke with was very confused because I should not have even received my ticketing info until 30 days out.  It's 50 days out and I got it a few days ago.  She can't even see it in her system.  Said she was going to try to get someone on the phone with me but all she really did was transfer me to the air department and they don't answer the phone.  I'll probably have to call them first thing in the morning.  The saga continues.  

It’s all very confusing.  I’m sailing out on September 6 and last week I got an email from NCL with my flights.  Similar situation - a 10PM flight home.  The email had confirmation numbers and everything, but it never showed on NCL.com and AA.com didn’t recognize the confirmation number.  I talked to NCL (had no trouble getting a representative).  She was very confused.  Nothing showed in her system.  She told me that someone was probably just “playing around” with options and hit the “send” button by mistake.  I’m hoping the actual flights are better. If they’re not, I certainly hope AA will work with me.  I’m Platinum on AA.  Worse comes to worse I can do a same day flight change at no charge.

2 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Have you price just booking a one way ticket home

Yes, its expensive because everything is expensive so we just used points to book everything.  From the time we get off the ship to the time we walk in our home, it would have been 29 hours.  That's just insanity and we aren't those people that can sleep in an economy seat so its better to just suck it up and do it this way.  Just sucks that it has to be this way but what can you do?

13 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

It’s all very confusing.  I’m sailing out on September 6 and last week I got an email from NCL with my flights.  Similar situation - a 10PM flight home.  The email had confirmation numbers and everything, but it never showed on NCL.com and AA.com didn’t recognize the confirmation number.  I talked to NCL (had no trouble getting a representative).  She was very confused.  Nothing showed in her system.  She told me that someone was probably just “playing around” with options and hit the “send” button by mistake.  I’m hoping the actual flights are better. If they’re not, I certainly hope AA will work with me.  I’m Platinum on AA.  Worse comes to worse I can do a same day flight change at no charge.

Are you on the NCL Sun?

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

The salesman basically quoted their policy- which is out the window these days because flights are a nightmare now, nobody can promise anything.  NCL is at the mercy of the airlines just like anyone else and they do what they can.  Sometimes the only option is a late flight.

Speaking as someone who recently ended up with an overnight layover because my original flights got cancelled - fortunately I had a planned to arrive a day early, so made it to my cruise on time. And now sitting in the airport with a 6 hr delay on my way home, hoping the airline is planning to get everyone rebooked (that's what they are saying).  Called NCL (they do answer, just takes a long time) and they offered to rebook but waiting for now to see what the airline does.

How long did you wait?   I've waited 2 hours on 3 different days and I just can't do longer than that.

5 minutes ago, Analog187 said:

Are you on the NCL Sun?

Nope on the Joy out of NY to NE and Canada.  Our flights are even more confusing because we’re flying out of two different airports.  My friend is flying from DC.  45 minute flights every hour and they put on a 10 PM flight.  Frustrating.  Hoping the actual flights are better.

Sorry to pile on, but yes, you are SOL.  We are preparing to sail on the Jewel out of Anchorage to Vancouver.  There were three of us couples traveling together.  Two couples were to arrive on 7/30 but our flights had us coming in TWO DAYS LATER on 8/1.  We spent hours on hold, talking to Customer-No-Service and finally got to the Dispute Resolutions people.  I told them I could accept all of us being on separate flights, but asked if they thought it was reasonable that we would arrive two days apart.  They said no, but there was nothing they could do.  We elected to book our own flights to arrive with our friends but had to spend another $2,700 on last minute flights.  Once they have your money you are completely at their mercy.

3 hours ago, Analog187 said:

I had no real time to check any of this so I just went with it.

Why not?  Were you booking 15 minutes before the promo was scheduled to 'expire'?  The agent should have been able to temporarily hold your reservation (a travel agent can, and this may be a benefit of booking through one in addition them being knowledgable about the pitfalls of these deals) so you could go do some research to determine if it was something you wanted.

3 hours ago, Analog187 said:

Done with NCL

For all the people saying this you'd think their ships would be empty.  This is most often said after being frustrated with something they (the customer) didn't understand all the details about.  The promo T&C's don't list a maximum time for connections, but it does have a policy regarding maximum connections.  They also don't list any kind of guarantee for when the flights will be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AllenO said:

Sorry to pile on, but yes, you are SOL.  We are preparing to sail on the Jewel out of Anchorage to Vancouver.  There were three of us couples traveling together.  Two couples were to arrive on 7/30 but our flights had us coming in TWO DAYS LATER on 8/1.  We spent hours on hold, talking to Customer-No-Service and finally got to the Dispute Resolutions people.  I told them I could accept all of us being on separate flights, but asked if they thought it was reasonable that we would arrive two days apart.  They said no, but there was nothing they could do.  We elected to book our own flights to arrive with our friends but had to spend another $2,700 on last minute flights.  Once they have your money you are completely at their mercy.

So they were booked to fly in 2 days before their cruise, but didn’t ask for this deviation? I’d imagine most would be livid to be forced to take 2 additional vacation days and pay for 2 extra days in another city.

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’d imagine most would be livid to be forced to take 2 additional vacation days and pay for 2 extra days in another city.

Right? That would be the worst! How ever could they spend their time enjoying Anchorage and the surrounding beauty of Alaska for two days. I'd be, just...…delighted to say the least (and have an amazing excuse to give my boss for why my vacation needs to be extended).

Now, I would be livid if I was the couple coming in on 8/1....my friends just had a stunning experience for two days and NCL wouldn't allow me that option (not that this was a requirement, but dang it would be so nice).

Edited by cruiseny4life
forgot

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Right? That would be the worst! How ever could they spend their time enjoying Anchorage and the surrounding beauty of Alaska for two days. I'd be, just...…delighted to say the least (and have an amazing excuse to give my boss for why my vacation needs to be extended).

Now, I would be livid if I was the couple coming in on 8/1....my friends just had a stunning experience for two days and NCL wouldn't allow me that option (not that this was a requirement, but dang it would be so nice).

But what if you didn’t take extra days off or budget for two extra vacation days with hotel? With the amount of complaining about flights on these boards I have yet to see someone get a two day deviation without requesting it, either before or after the cruise, because that would be crazy.

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'd be very unhappy if I didn't plan for those two days.  Some people have a limited budget, limited vacation time and can't take time without pay, maybe have to arrange for child care/pet care/elderly person care, have some important event before the cruise that they can't miss, like a wedding, work presentation, etc.  

We are cruising with 2 other couples. Me and one of the other wives asked to extend our flights 2 days for a "Girls Trip". They got mine right, but booked her and her husband for two days later. She's tried to get it changed, but no luck. Our NCL rep won't answer emails or call back. So our girls trip has now turned into me being a 3rd wheel. 🙄

10 hours ago, jwinrich said:

We are cruising with 2 other couples. Me and one of the other wives asked to extend our flights 2 days for a "Girls Trip". They got mine right, but booked her and her husband for two days later. She's tried to get it changed, but no luck. Our NCL rep won't answer emails or call back. So our girls trip has now turned into me being a 3rd wheel. 🙄

Good luck, this is the first time I read about folks on the same reservation wanting to book separate flights so I have no idea if that is possible.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, mjkacmom said:

Good luck, this is the first time I read about folks on the same reservation wanting to book separate flights so I have no idea if that is possible.

The rep told me they could. And my husband and I have different flights on the same reservation (mine is extended, his is not). But on my friend's, they extended both their flights. It just sucks that if they make a mistake, there's no way to fix it. She has the email documentation of what they requested and the rep saying that they could do it. Now there's no response at all from him. Very annoying. 

We got the run-around, too.   Booked on United in economy.  I have points status and a flight voucher (from taking a bump)... but United would not allow me to upgrade our seats with any form of payment.

The NCL greeting says basically don't-even-ask.  I tried a couple of times with different United reps.

However, I sprained my ankle early in the trip, and wanted to go directly home rather than spend a couple of days in Rome, as we'd booked.  Guest services made a call on our behalf, and after 48 hours got a response that we could be re-booked, but we had to pay the airfare difference ($250 pp).   We never spoke to anyone in Premium Air department, and Guest Services made us come down right then to pay the fee with a credit card.

We don't know whether they would have made the change, except for the injury.