Will we ever hear from Move Up?

5waldos

We sail Friday and still nothing on our bids. As of yesterday there were still many cabins in veranda and Concierge and some in Aqua available. All our bids are still pending. What is the latest we might hear and do they notify us if all of them have been rejected? I had hoped to hear before now, especially after our bids went expired except one several weeks ago, only to have them all revert to pending days later. Is it possible that something has gone wrong? 

3 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

We sail Friday and still nothing on our bids. As of yesterday there were still many cabins in veranda and Concierge and some in Aqua available. All our bids are still pending. What is the latest we might hear and do they notify us if all of them have been rejected? I had hoped to hear before now, especially after our bids went expired except one several weeks ago, only to have them all revert to pending days later. Is it possible that something has gone wrong? 

Unfortunately, I've heard of people finding out once they boarded the ship. It can be at any time. I would think that would be more unusual though! Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, dugknight said:

Unfortunately, I've heard of people finding out once they boarded the ship. It can be at any time. I would think that would be more unusual though! Good luck. 

Eek! Well- I guess we can do nothing but sit and wait. I suppose not hearing anything is better than getting them all rejected. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Floridadude said:

For my Apex cruise in April I got the rejection email 5 days after my cruise ended.

Oops! Someone’s sleeping on the job.

You actually got the rejection info when you cruised without MoveUp.   I have not ever received a notice my bids were rejected.

I suppose they wait until last minute for money making purposes but still would be nice the know the bid was accepted...for excitement value.  When does move up bidding become available?  Is it better to await an invitation to bid on a move up or offer a bid when move ups become available? ( saw something on line on my celebrity but it said not open for move up bids...sailing too far out?)

My experience is that if your offer is approved the first thing you will get is a Charge to your credit card.   I have an alert set for any charge over $100 so I get a buzzzz on my watch.   Next you get an e-mail.   You have to go to your Manage Reservation to see the assigned room.

At exactly 48 hours prior to Embarkation opening -  about 11AM for Port Everglades messages are sent out -  Sorry your bid was not accepted.

Sometimes if you don't get the rejection your cabin is assigned at the terminal and sometimes (very rarely) the Upgrade Fairy comes and you get a free upgrade at the terminal.  This is usually what happens if someone tests positive within 48 hours of sailing.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:59 AM, Mark_K said:

Sometimes the first notice people get is by checking their credit card and seeing a pending charge for it.

My credit card  sends me a text within seconds of a new charge so it is likely that this is how I would learn of an acceptance, too. It can be strange- I order coffee and have the charge before the drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So exactly at 48 hours before setting sail, I received rejection emails on all my bids. Very disappointed but at least we know. Will ask if it is possible at check in. Or would asking at guest services once onboard be better?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

So exactly at 48 hours before setting sail, I received rejection emails on all my bids. Very disappointed but at least we know. Will ask if it is possible at check in. Or would asking at guest services once onboard be better?  

I am sorry to hear this.  I am expecting the same.  We leave on Sunday.  The place to ask is at guest services once onboard.  Have a wonderful week in Alaska.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

20 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am sorry to hear this.  I am expecting the same.  We leave on Sunday.  The place to ask is at guest services once onboard.  Have a wonderful week in Alaska.

Thanks- we will enjoy our trip with or without the upgrade. And you have a lovely time too!

5 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Thanks- we will enjoy our trip with or without the upgrade. And you have a lovely time too!

Thank you, will do!  We are booked in one of our favorite OV's, so it is all good.  We have internet onboard, but, unfortunately for some reason whenever I try to log into CC from my phone it says wrong password.

20 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you, will do!  We are booked in one of our favorite OV's, so it is all good.  We have internet onboard, but, unfortunately for some reason whenever I try to log into CC from my phone it says wrong password.

Mine says that is I try to use Tapatalk. I access CC through the internet on my phone. No idea why that works but it does. 

5 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Mine says that is I try to use Tapatalk. I access CC through the internet on my phone. No idea why that works but it does. 

I can access through internet, but, read only.  I can not sign in which means I can not post.

15 hours ago, 5waldos said:

That's been my experience.   You can almost set your watch by it.    Generally once onboard you can request and often not until the next day are vacant cabins assigned to requests.

There is no rhyme or reason how they work. We have a B2B booked on RCI next month. I received a notification a month ago for the second leg that our bid was accepted. Actually I received a text from Amex showing a charge before the email arrived. Still waiting on week #1. A lot of the cruise lines use the same third party company to handle their upgrade program.

https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

On 7/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, 5waldos said:

We heard less than 24 hours before sailing - had to queue up to check in bags as had no bag tags 

I think the Credit Card Charge Notification is a good way to know and also checking your Edocs as I once saw my New (Bidup) cabin number on my Edocs Before my Credit Card notified me of the X Charge!

• Like 1