Alaska Cruise Question

Rumdrink1

• Rumdrink1 changed the title to Alaska Cruise Question
On 7/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, Rumdrink1 said:

Anyone have experience with Jayleen's Alaska in Juneau for whale watching or Alaska Green Jeep/DIY Jeep Tours in Skagway?

From what I have read, DIY Jeep Tours in Skagway was acquired by Avis. They no longer rent out the Jeep Wranglers and instead just give a Jeep Cherokee/SUV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gvgseg said:

From what I have read, DIY Jeep Tours in Skagway was acquired by Avis. They no longer rent out the Jeep Wranglers and instead just give a Jeep Cherokee/SUV.

Thank you so much for that information! I will call and confirm that we will be renting a Jeep Wrangler. If not, I will cancel my reservation.

3 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

We went with Jayleen last year.  Lovely young woman.  Extremely knowledgeable, really knows her stuff.  Just be aware her boat is very small.  The bay was not rough, so no problem for us.

Thank you so much for responding. We spend quite a bit of time boating here in FL, so a small boat will not be a problem for us. 🙂

Jayleen is wonderful -- we have taken numerous whale watching excursions with her.  In fact, we just completed two in June and have already made our reservation for next July.  Take a look at her website for general information.  She has reviews on Cruise Critic as well as TripAdvisor.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Jayleen is wonderful -- we have taken numerous whale watching excursions with her.  In fact, we just completed two in June and have already made our reservation for next July.  Take a look at her website for general information.  She has reviews on Cruise Critic as well as TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much! 🙂

• Like 1

We did Juneau whale watching last week with our family.  Saw several whales & even got to see them breach.  My 12 year old grandson loved the tour & did a google review before he even got off the boat.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cambria2 said:

We did Juneau whale watching last week with our family.  Saw several whales & even got to see them breach.  My 12 year old grandson loved the tour & did a google review before he even got off the boat.

I am so happy to hear that you had a good time! And so sweet of your grandson to do that!! 🙂

We did Juneau Whale Watching last week with our family of 12 which included 6 kids.  We choose it because we could all go together and they also had a combination trip...whale watching and the Mendenhall Glacier.  We did the whale watching first...saw many whales, kids loved it.   Then we were dropped off at the Glacier.  We had pick up every 1/2 hour and we stayed until the last pick up.  Great day!