Bringing soda onboard?

Tank412

We are sailing on Summit 7/31. Can we bring soda or water onboard? We do not drink alcohol and do not want to wait in bar lines for a soda. Thanks for any info, I could not find the answer on celebrity website.

Yes, you can.  However, you have to carry it on board yourself.  If I remember correctly the baggage crew got tired of handling it, so now it is up to the owners to carry it on board.  Enjoy your cruise.

Unless someone needs a specific soda for a dietary/taste pref reason, I’d reconsider bringing cases of soda/water. I realize the ships are getting higher % of passengers, but ordering a soda or any drink really hasn’t been that much of a hassle at all…..but we all have our preferences of what is acceptable to get service. 

Den

• Thanks 1

My wife and I always have the premium drink package but we always bring on Two 12 packs of either diet Mt Dew or Diet Sprite.   My wife needs this for taking meds. We each put one 12 pack on our rolling carryon with bungee straps. Never a problem going through the screening on the way to the ship.  Have  done this on a Celebrity , RCCL, HAL and Disney the last 20 + years!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Unless someone needs a specific soda for a dietary/taste pref reason, I’d reconsider bringing cases of soda/water. I realize the ships are getting higher % of passengers, but ordering a soda or any drink really hasn’t been that much of a hassle at all…..but we all have our preferences of what is acceptable to get service. 

Den

That is exactly the reason my DW brings her cans of diet tonic on board.  Often not available and if it is very different taste.  Agree bringing cases of water is a bit silly.  Bring a bottle and refill.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

That is exactly the reason my DW brings her cans of diet tonic on board.  Often not available and if it is very different taste.  Agree bringing cases of water is a bit silly.  Bring a bottle and refill.   

I bring a case of San Pellegrino. It sells for $5.50 plus 20 percent gratuities onboard.

4 hours ago, swsf99a said:

My wife and I always have the premium drink package but we always bring on Two 12 packs of either diet Mt Dew or Diet Sprite.   My wife needs this for taking meds. We each put one 12 pack on our rolling carryon with bungee straps. Never a problem going through the screening on the way to the ship.  Have  done this on a Celebrity , RCCL, HAL and Disney the last 20 + years!

On the Equinox in May they had plenty of Diet Sprite available.

Lbickel,  Thanks for the tip. The Equinox is our next cruise! My wife used to drink Diet  Mt Dew Caffeine free----you could not find that on any cruiseline. Since the  Covid  pandemic , I have not seen it  in any grocery store. Pepsi must have stopped production of it.  So  the switch to Diet Sprite!  Our drink package will cover the soda, but it is good to have all you need for the trip in your cabin refrig!

On 7/19/2022 at 11:31 PM, Tank412 said:

We are sailing on Summit 7/31. Can we bring soda or water onboard? We do not drink alcohol and do not want to wait in bar lines for a soda. Thanks for any info, I could not find the answer on celebrity website.

There really are not any bar lines enough to offset the hassle of bringing your own soda onboard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Can you point me to where it says that passengers can’t bring plastic bottles on board? Thanks.

There was a big sign at our Vancouver Eclipse embarkation that no plastic bottles were allowed and soda cans or canned water were limited to 6. Never saw that before so don't know if it was a Celebrity thing or a Canadian thing.

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

You can afford the cruise - I am sure you can afford to buy the water on board.

Its not a case of not having funds to purchase the ships water.  Some people, myself included, just prefer their own particular brand of water.  I like San Pellegrino morello cherry and pomegranate flavor water. Ship does not carry it so I bring it with me. Doesn't mean I'm cheap.

• Like 6

I can afford the soda but some that are trying to stay sober would prefer not having to be around the alcohol. Is there anywhere on board to buy a soda without being around it? Even the buffet has beer and soda together. 
I would like to know if anyone can confirm no plastic?

• Like 3