transport from West Palm Beach Airport/PBI to Miami?

raitch

We are flying in/out of PBI for our cruise in August that sails from Miami.  I have been looking for transportation options and was planning on just doing Lyft, until I priced it out today and its $190 one way for the five of us 😬 Does anyone have recommendations for other transportation options?  Thank you!

Are you aware that PBI to the Port Of Miami is approximately seventy miles. Uber or Lyft will be cheaper than a regular yellow cab. There are no companies that I am aware of that provides shuttle services. You could contact Larry’s Limos for a price quote. They are highly recommended by many Cruise Critic posters but in this scenario they most likely will be more expensive. The last suggestion requires renting a vehicle from PBI for the minimum twenty four hour period. There are no rental car facilities directly at the Port Of Miami so I would drop off family and luggage at the port and then return the rental vehicle. If you rent from Avis, Hertz or Budget the vehicle can be returned to there downtown Miami locations. If you rent from Dollar, Thrifty, Alamo, National or Enterprise you would have to drive back to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center to return the vehicle. Free shuttle service was discontinued at the beginning of the Covid Pandemic so you would need Uber, Lyft or a cab to get back to the Port Of Miami.

• Like 1

Brightline or Tri Rail are mass transit trains that run  regularly from West Palm to Miami.   Nowhere near the price that you cite.

Check them out.  Both will require an uber or taxi from the airport to the train station in West Palm and from the train terminus to your ship in Miami.  Brightline has been running a shuttle type special in connection with Uber or Lyft on the Miami end..I can't remember.

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is searching for this in the future I thought I’d update. We ended up doing Lyft from Palm Beach Airport to the hotel in Miami.  It was $179 plus tip (5 passengers), the drive was easy.  

We really wanted to do Brightline but they have no transport to the airport so we would have had to Lyft or taxi to the station and then get from the station to the hotel once in Miami so it felt like too much finagling and the price would have been comparable.

On debarkation day we booked Larry’s Limos.  They will be $296 with tip included.  This seems insane to me for the same trip I paid $179 for yesterday… but on the other hand I know Larry’s is trustworthy and I didn’t want the worry of securing a Lyft during a busy day when you’re already worried about getting to the airport.  

Edited by raitch

I think the concept here is three fold. First, you might be paying a deadheading for Larry's to return empty. Second, a limo is not an Uber, thus it WILL cost more. Third, by saving some money flying into PBI, you incurred additional costs in ground transport, and your time working this all out. How much money and time (including the driving time) did you actually save?