Xmas Decorations?

gordylad

Last year, Celebrity actually published a brochure which had the holiday decorating schedule for each ship: link  Note that not all ships were sailing then (Solstice, Eclipse).

The brochure has more holiday information in it that you may find of interest.

image.png.e60d9572ea656a612022442b68086a8e.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Great thanks...do you know when the flyer was published so I can look out for this years?

I remember it being published around mid-October because there is Halloween information in it.

49 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Having never sailed near xmas time could someone tell me when ships start to put up xmas decorations?

tx

I've sailed a number of times around Xmas.   In my experience they begin decorating the ship at the very end of the Thanksgiving Cruise and then keep building up to full decoration by the week before Xmas.  

They really make the ship look festive.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Usually start the Christmas decorations just after Thanksgiving, pre Covid we usually cruised then

I was typing as Iain posted

I do that all the time --- you answer a post only to find 3-4 people answered while I slowly typed.

Nahhh..  Iain doesn't post.    I don't think he has ever logged into CC.    He gets his daily fix by me reading interesting posts.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've sailed a number of times around Xmas.   In my experience they begin decorating the ship at the very end of the Thanksgiving Cruise and then keep building up to full decoration by the week before Xmas.  

They really make the ship look festive.

Agree! We cruise every year, usually a B2B, in December every year just before Christmas. We cruise both RCL and X. Decorating starts early and is usually pretty much complete about a week before Christmas. So, for example, it's fun to watch the actual building of a massive gingerbread house over a period of time. Timelines seem to be ship dependent so YMMV.

Christmas is the only time I decorate my stateroom door.  I put up one thing the first day and keep adding on (all magnetic and they were never stolen either 🤣 ) In the room I bought a cheap pull-up tree that folds down to nothing.  At each port, I buy and ornament to hang on the tree.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nahhh..  Iain doesn't post.    I don't think he has ever logged into CC.    He gets his daily fix by me reading interesting posts.   

I'm laughing because Wayne is the same way 😅.  I tell him what's been happening on here all the time!

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just a slight detour, my apologies.

I was sat reading a book when I came across 'she had lain in bed until noon'.

Hnmm I think, who is this Iain? I can't remember any love interest (a British murder mystery). Then it dawned on me it was 'Lain' not 'Iain'.😊

Just goes to show even though he doesn't post, Iain is a memorable guy.

Cheers, h.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm laughing because Wayne is the same way 😅.  I tell him what's been happening on here all the time!

I think most couple are that way.    Iain probably meets more people on the cruise because I'm usually the one behind the camera also. 

It might be dangerous if our other halves posted and we criticized them... LOL

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think most couple are that way.    Iain probably meets more people on the cruise because I'm usually the one behind the camera also. 
It might be dangerous if our other halves posted and we criticized them... LOL

11 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Same here. 

PapaFej will ask, "Anything interesting on the boards today?"

He actually 'knows' a few of y'all by screen name. 

Hopefully one day we can all sail together and have a party just for them.  Perhaps we'll call it the "Others Half Party" 🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was on Mille last year ( Dec.13-23)  and All the Decorations went up In One Night!

I ask how the many trees got decorated so quickly? and was told that even the Big Trees are kept in huge boxes fully decorated and stored below .

Brought out with fork lifts and put in place.

What a Treat to wake up to the Transition!

• Like 2