Princess Grill or Queens?

Jacqueline

I have a final payment coming due. My deposit was just $100 pp.

It’s a 13 night cruise RT NYC to the Caribbean, pretty evenly divided between sea and port days.

The QG is $300 more per night per cabin…. What would you do?

6 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

I have a final payment coming due. My deposit was just $100 pp.

It’s a 13 night cruise RT NYC to the Caribbean, pretty evenly divided between sea and port days.

The QG is $300 more per night per cabin…. What would you do?

If you feel comfortable with the extra cost, why not just do it? QG is very nice and life is too short to be left wondering...

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Is it always the same one?

We've come across a few M'ds on QV and QE [not sailed QG on QM2] and there is only one I can take or leave. 

We don't find QG stuffy at all Mudhen but then, maybe we're part of the stuffiness!!  😄

• Like 1

It could very well be changed since we were there. We'd been in there 3X's in the past. We tried the PG as an alternative and liked it very much. It just seemed more genuine and welcoming, but as I said, the QG may have changed, or maybe it's just not our cup of tea! 

• Like 1

We have been in QG twice on the QM2 - both times upgrades.  The only thing we didn't like is the lack of a separate shower in the bathrooms of the basic suites: Q5, 6 & 7.  If the fare difference was significantly less than what has been quoted I would pay for it. But $300 (and that would be more in Canadian $) per night isn't worth it for us.

I have noticed little difference in the Grills restaurants on the QM2 other than a slightly expanded menu and the ability to order off-menu. I didn't find QG to be at all stuffy. We have travelled in all four restaurant "classes" on the QM2 and I can say we have never had as much laughter at table than on our first QG crossing.

We have booked QG for a 10 day cruise on the QE next year. The difference between PG is about (Can.)$1000 per person for 10 days, which I think is very good.  There is a separate shower in even the cheapest of QG and the difference in cabins between PG and QG is more substantial than on the QM2. As others have said, the PG cabins on the QM2 are very good.

Edited by david,Mississauga
clarification

When I booked our April  cruise, Capetown to Southampton,  rang up 2hours after it opened,  only PG left. Been looking to upgrade, but no QG released, have now decided, PG rooms on QM2 look very nice, so giving it a go, and will give up looking to upgrade. Will be in QG in June again in QM2. So will have a back to back comparison.

We may well decide we are very happy with PG, let's see.