Anyone sail out of Rome recently

Susanb10567

I am scheduled to sail on the Edge on 9/3…that is if Flights by Celebrity gets me a new flight after United canceled it over a month ago…trying to be optimistic and went to do the online check in where I was dismayed to see that it says to test one day prior to boarding…it also says that on the health section of the AP…so I then went to Celebrity’s website and it says 2 days….can’t they get their act together…this is a big deal…I was planning to test before I leave the US…anyone with first hand knowledge of what has going on would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

The website says 2 days for vaccinated and 1 day for non vaccinated.  Assuming you are vaccinated is it possible you did not receive/respond to a email asking if you are fully vaccinated?   We have gotten a email  before each sailing asking us to confirm our status.   It may be that your passenger records does not show you as being fully vaccinated.  If you are booked with a TA  they should be able to get your record corrected.  If you booked direct call Celebrity to see what you record shows.

As for the flight problem.  Since you are past final payment your flight should be ticketed.  Once ticketed some airlines will allow you to change your flight  if they cancelled it without working through Flights By Celebrity.

If not check to see what flight would get you to your destination and then call FBC and ask if you can be moved to that flight.  If not while you are on the phone they may be able to rebook you.

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

I am scheduled to sail on the Edge on 9/3…that is if Flights by Celebrity gets me a new flight after United canceled it over a month ago…trying to be optimistic and went to do the online check in where I was dismayed to see that it says to test one day prior to boarding…it also says that on the health section of the AP…so I then went to Celebrity’s website and it says 2 days….can’t they get their act together…this is a big deal…I was planning to test before I leave the US…anyone with first hand knowledge of what has going on would be greatly appreciated.

We sailed 13th June and then it was two days before for fully vaccinated and boosted pax

Edited by sgmn

Thanks for the feedback…called Celebrity and they said to disregard the Ap…and it is 2 days..

The flight situation continues to be more complicated…they said in could be another couple weeks until ticketing will get to my case…ugh!!!!!

Susan ~ Have you considered booking flights by yourself and getting  your money back from Celebrity?  I certainly wouldn't be comfortable waiting a few more weeks for flights.  Yell if you need help booking on your own.  I book all my own business flights (have for years now).  Happy to help you 

As for testing.....things are changing rapidly. If you don't have a test that you can take on line with a medical proctor, I suggest ordering those now.  Here's a link to where we purchased ours for family sailing with us last January  You have to order the AG tests.... https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

You would definitely be able to get on line to do this proctored test once you land in Europe.  

1 minute ago, Host Anne said:

Susan ~ Have you considered booking flights by yourself and getting  your money back from Celebrity?  I certainly wouldn't be comfortable waiting a few more weeks for flights.  Yell if you need help booking on your own.  I book all my own business flights (have for years now).  Happy to help you 

As for testing.....things are changing rapidly. If you don't have a test that you can take on line with a medical proctor, I suggest ordering those now.  Here's a link to where we purchased ours for family sailing with us last January  You have to order the AG tests.... https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

You would definitely be able to get on line to do this proctored test once you land in Europe.  

Thanks…I would love to be able to book the flights on my own…but we are flying business …I had back surgery and I don’t think I could handle economy anymore and we bought these tickets when they came out …the fares are probably four times what they were when we booked on Flights by Celebrity and probably triple what the airlines had them for..

I spoke to two different Celebrity associates they both said that it is 2 days to test  and the Ap is wrong..I have 4 proctored tests…bought them when I thought we needed them to fly back so I think we are good…that is if we ever get flights…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks…I would love to be able to book the flights on my own…but we are flying business …I had back surgery and I don’t think I could handle economy anymore and we bought these tickets when they came out …the fares are probably four times what they were when we booked on Flights by Celebrity and probably triple what the airlines had them for..

I spoke to two different Celebrity associates they both said that it is 2 days to test  and the Ap is wrong..I have 4 proctored tests…bought them when I thought we needed them to fly back so I think we are good…that is if we ever get flights…

Susan there are several companies that specialize in business class tickets.  Do a Google search.  See what they can do.  As Host Anne said things are crazy out there right now and the airport in Rome was terrible before this started.

Do a search using - business class flight deals to Europe.  I have done business with the first company listed and know others who used the second.

We flew back to the US on 4 July, booked through Flights by Celebrity.  It wasn't until about 5 weeks prior to that flight that FBC confirmed the return (FCO-MCO) half of our flights.  Even then, one week later we were contacted directly by Celebrity HQs in Miami to explain that the flights selected did not meet Celebrity's requirements for time between arrival Civitavecchia and departure FCO.  They did offer and confirm a good Business Class option and that flight, on America via PHL, was on time and very comfortable.  Since you are schedule to fly more than 6 weeks from now suggest call FBC as well as email them requesting they provide finalized ticketing.routing.  It will work and the cost benefit was worth it.

Do be warned:  even with Business Class the check-in, immigration and security processing at FCO it took over one hour and a half.  To make sure we arrived FCO with plenty of time before flight (which was on-time) we arranged for private transfer via Rome Cabs which as perfect.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

Susa,

Go online and find flights you want! Then contact Flights by Celebrity!

previously  I have given them my flights!

I have done that…they originally told me it would take 30 days…then for some reason my TA called and requested a different flight since the one I requested departed from a different airport and they said I would be charged since it is a change..when my TA called it apparently started my clock over again and it could be another 14 days…I finished my on-line check-in hopefully I can get some good karma…