Vegan Options

Hello fellow cruisers! It has been many years since I last took a cruise, and since have adopted a vegan diet.  I'll be on Enchantment in September.  Are there vegan options in the Windjammer? Also, are the Windjammer lunch and dinner menus included in the app? I understand that there is a vegan menu in the MDR.  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Shanti_28 said:

Also, are the Windjammer lunch and dinner menus included in the app?

Welcome to CC.

No, it varies too much to put in there. There may be some vegan option in the WJ - you may have to ask.

Edited by Biker19

We went on Royal Caribbean 3 years ago when I was newly vegan. We went straight to the MDR when we boarded to let them know about my vegan request. We ate every night in the MDR & they sorted a vegan menu for me. Some dishes were a bit hit & miss but I really appreciated the effort & was very happy with the service, they made me feel very special! We also ate there a couple of times for breakfast. Stuck with salads etc at the buffet but overall I was very impressed. Going on NCL in September so I’ve emailed them & hope for good things 🌱🤞

On the app main dining room menu the vegan menu is reached by scrolling past the kids menu but before the wine menu. As stated previously in windjammer you’ll have to ask. Enchantment WJ is small relative to the bigger ships. Salad bars on both sides though and can ask regarding hot dishes if it’s not readily identifiable to you. 

And for WJ, you can always let your MDR server know if you plan to go there for a meal the next days, and you can pre order special vegan items (or in my case, GF vegetarian items) to be prepared for you. Obviously, they cannot make what they don’t have (don’t expect Just Eggs, for example), but the Head Chef on one sailing made me this amazing vegan GF Indian breakfast porridge one day when he found out I liked Indian food. It was SO good and I requested it for future meals there.

• Like 1

You can even order such special diet related meals by talking to head waiter in MDR (not custom dish but specific diet)

They will indeed try their best using what is available to them.  Dish may turn out hit or miss but they will try.

Also, it is possible to get that MDR prepared dish delivered to WJ (they have an official process setup for it with internal forms between MDR and WJ).   More relaxed environment but more importantly, if dish is a miss, you can grab various things from WJ. 

We sailed with our vegan daughter, pre-covid and pre-vegan menu on RCCL.  She's very open to trying new foods so just let the MDR staff serve her something each night.  Had some terrific (and interesting) vegan meals. Asian, indian etc.  WJ was trickier because stuff isn't marked.  I think she ate oatmeal every morning.  The mexican, asian and pasta stations also had some options for lunch.  My husband and I have since become vegan - so I guess we'll get a chance to try when we book our next cruise.  Enjoy!

My husband and I took one of our daughters and a grandchild on RCL last November.  Our grandaughter is a vegan and the head waiter (who was from India) rose to the challenge beautifully. For each evening meal, he presented her with a different selection of Indian cuisine which was so tasty, he ended up bringing the rest of us appetizers of the same food.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:43 AM, CatLadyFemme said:

And for WJ, you can always let your MDR server know if you plan to go there for a meal the next days, and you can pre order special vegan items (or in my case, GF vegetarian items) to be prepared for you. Obviously, they cannot make what they don’t have (don’t expect Just Eggs, for example), but the Head Chef on one sailing made me this amazing vegan GF Indian breakfast porridge one day when he found out I liked Indian food. It was SO good and I requested it for future meals there.

There is a Vegan menu in the MDR every night. A sample from our cruise last month

MDR Vegan Menu Days 1-7

4843179A-B110-455F-BCDF-627CD3BA2DDF.jpeg

85FCCCF8-A85C-4B84-861C-26AF0EAB27B3.jpeg

FF4A7959-162B-4185-B0F3-54EC2754FD68.jpeg

1C5ED95B-F969-4D9D-922F-F34718675E9D.jpeg

AB96E38E-74C6-4C0B-A41B-7DF951E34023.jpeg

1BEEFD8A-6737-49BB-9227-4D7FA7AF7BB0.jpeg

4F0307A4-0CB0-46E0-9998-03020D40C4CC.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

We are looking to book Wonder for next summer.  My 6th cruise and my husband and step-daughter's first cruise.  I'm super excited for the new vegan menu.  We are vegan except we do eat fish as well.  Not sure what you would call us, lol.

I just wish Sorrentos would add vegan pizza to their menu as well.  I mean vegan pizza with vegan cheese.