Royal-Up "ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW"?

11 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Is this something new?

I got an email saying that they have not yet accepted my Royal-Up bid however it may be accepted once I board.

That's been known to happen. There's usually no shows that can free up cabins. 

8 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

That's been known to happen. There's usually no shows that can free up cabins. 

I don’t a recall of any report of someone getting a Royal Up after they boarded - it may happen, but so rare that you have a better chance of upgrading yourself by going to the GS and asking for one. 

Isn’t this the first time we have heard about a Royal Up email other than an invitation to bid?  The initial bids recently began showing as “submitted” instead of “pending”, and now the email.  Sounds like the program has been updated or improved.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

When is your cruise?

This week.

I asked the question because normally you get either an email that says accepted or rejected.  First time getting an email that says might be upgraded on the ship and the amount would be charged to the onboard account.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:44 PM, LB_NJ said:

This week.

I asked the question because normally you get either an email that says accepted or rejected.  First time getting an email that says might be upgraded on the ship and the amount would be charged to the onboard account.

Any updates? I'm brand new here, first cruise ever with the family and first post. Had bid on several rooms and just got the same email for only one. I'm really hoping this is the same as the "all offers rejected and one pending" situation I've read about before the change that usually ends up in a successful bid. We wanted the room mentioned in the email but it wasn't available at booking. 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, SteelworkerDad said:

Any updates? I'm brand new here, first cruise ever with the family and first post. Had bid on several rooms and just got the same email for only one. I'm really hoping this is the same as the "all offers rejected and one pending" situation I've read about before the change that usually ends up in a successful bid. We wanted the room mentioned in the email but it wasn't available at booking. 

Thanks 

Does the email say you won your bid?  Then that's the room you will have. Check your credit card--have they charged the amount of your bid? You should have been given a new room number and your credit card charged if you actually had a successful bid.  If you got the email that says you 'might' be upgraded, then you'll just have to wait and see if they change your room when you get onboard.  

Edited by rockmom

16 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Does the email say you won your bid?  Then that's the room you will have. Check your credit card--have they charged the amount of your bid? You should have been given a new room number and your credit card charged if you actually had a successful bid.  If you got the email that says you 'might' be upgraded, then you'll just have to wait and see if they change your room when you get onboard.  

It says "onboard upgrade review" but only lists one room of the 4 I bid on. This post is the only post that mentions that email so I was hoping the original poster would have found out if they got the upgrade or not by now. Like I said, I know things have changed recently and wasn't sure if this was something new. No my card hasn't been charged yet. Ship sails Sunday for us. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, LB_NJ said:

This week.

Did you get upgraded? Just curious because I got the same email for an upcoming cruise