room changed without notice

Hey everyone! I'm sailing on Oasis in August and after doing the online check-in process, I saw that our boarding pass had a different stateroom than the one we ordered. For reference, we paid extra for two connecting rooms on floor 3 but the boarding pass has one room on floor 3 and one room on floor 8. We already tried calling RC Customer Service but they said they can't change the rooms due to the ship being overbooked and they won't refund us the extra money that we paid. Is there anything we can do?

1 minute ago, mirrorglow said:

Hey everyone! I'm sailing on Oasis in August and after doing the online check-in process, I saw that our boarding pass had a different stateroom than the one we ordered. For reference, we paid extra for two connecting rooms on floor 3 but the boarding pass has one room on floor 3 and one room on floor 8. We already tried calling RC Customer Service but they said they can't change the rooms due to the ship being overbooked and they won't refund us the extra money that we paid. Is there anything we can do?

call back and escalate

26 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You don’t pay extra for connecting cabins.

YMMV.  Sometimes you pay more, sometimes you pay less, and sometimes you pay the same. (as non-connecting).

P.S.  Oasis has a CO category.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mirrorglow said:

Something similar happened to me and I saw at least one other occurrence posted here in the past month.  

RCCL doesn't care and my TA was useless.  If you're lucky they might offer a refund through the executive office but you need to contact them directly.

As someone who has checked-in passengers, I can say that we will have passengers ask why their room was changed.  The true answer is that we really don't know, but whatever room you were moved to should be an 'upgrade'.  If you had an Ocean View' room on deck 3, you now probably have a balcony stateroom on deck 8.

FYI, the pier check-in staff can not change any room, only the ship can.  You can ask at Guest Services once you are aboard.

Sorry this happened to you, and while you may be disappointed by not being right next door to your traveling companions, you probably ended up with a nicer room.

If the room change was related to Covid protocols, then it wouldn't matter who booked the cruise (TA or the passenger themselves).  Rooms are set aside for Covid positive passengers, and newly arrived crew that need to quarantine before starting their job assignments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If the room change was related to Covid protocols, then it wouldn't matter who booked the cruise (TA or the passenger themselves).  Rooms are set aside for Covid positive passengers, and newly arrived crew that need to quarantine before starting their job assignments.

This is true - but this happened to me and I was informed that there would be a change.  I also cannot imagine moving ONE cabin of a connecting room for Covid, and not the other.

• Like 2