Order gift champagne on line?

Tampa Girl

19 minutes ago, Crew News said:

On the HAL website, select your cruise, "Cruise Activities", "Beverages", and then "Wines & Champagnes".  Complete the purchase screen.

But this  is a gift for someone else.  It is not our cruise.  I could not find the website for a bottle of champagne gift for someone else's cruise.  

11 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

But this  is a gift for someone else.  It is not our cruise.  I could not find the website for a bottle of champagne gift for someone else's cruise.  

I think this is the link. You will need their name and be able to answer one of the validation questions.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/log-in/gifter-log-in.html

Edited by colin v
added link
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, colin v said:

I think this is the link. You will need their name and be able to answer one of the validation questions.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/log-in/gifter-log-in.html

Just tried that with both month and year of cruise and email address.  Zip, nada.  I wonder if it is because the reservations were probably made through a TA.  I guess I must resort to a phone call.  Thank you, however.

@Tampa Girl Sorry you're going through hoops to do something nice for someone! Isn't it the worst when you have to pick up the phone for something that feels like an internet task?

🍾 Cheers to you for your trouble. 🙂

We booked via a TA.  I was able to login using my wife's name month/year of cruise. I was then prompted for a second validation of our Postal Code.  Our cruise is in August.

Perhaps you are looking to purchase a gift too close or too far from their departure?

2 hours ago, colin v said:

We booked via a TA.  I was able to login using my wife's name month/year of cruise. I was then prompted for a second validation of our Postal Code.  Our cruise is in August.

Perhaps you are looking to purchase a gift too close or too far from their departure?

No, the cruise is next month.  This is for a friend's cruise.   We are not booked.

17 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

have you tried getting their booking number and calling in? That seems fool proof to me. Dont be afraid to call or try the chat option if you dont like the phone. You will certainly get an answer that way. 

image.thumb.png.dbae8288a67fa482a89bb34eb8cb1471.png

I have, but the only way that I an get it is by asking the couple (relatives), and I want it to be a surprise.  Oh, well, that is why we have phones.  I will call HAL . . . and be prepared to wait and wait and wait.

3 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I have, but the only way that I an get it is by asking the couple (relatives), and I want it to be a surprise.  Oh, well, that is why we have phones.  I will call HAL . . . and be prepared to wait and wait and wait.

Hope your wait is not too long 🤞 

I have ordered gifts with only the name, ship and embarkation date online and by phone.  When you call, they confirm they are going to be on board.

Fair warning - gifts show up on their “itinerary” so I tend to order later - close to cruise time - when hopefully they aren’t printing off their itinerary or looking at it 😉 

Ask your friends for their booking number. I did this for my parents a couple years ago. They got their canaletto dinner card with no info on it. They didn't get their Champaign that I ordered. I had to give them my info which they took to the front desk. They got their bottle on the last day and ended up taking it home. I was disappointed , it was their 60th.

7 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Any idea if you know if your friends booked through a TA?  Perhaps the TA could help.

If you ask your friend for the name of their travel agent (say, because you're looking into a cruise for yourself or are considering using TA services), you could get the contact info for their TA while keeping your gift a surprise.

It sounds like a good idea to check in with the friends after their sail date to make sure they receive your gift, though, according to @Brewgirl1's experience.

• Like 1