EZ AIR ticketing

pkamison

When can I expect my EZ air reservation to be sent to the airlines ? I have a record locator on American but it is not reserved on AA.COM website. With all of the airline craziness it makes me nervous. I have paid in full for my cruise and EZ air airfare.

26 minutes ago, pkamison said:

When can I expect my EZ air reservation to be sent to the airlines ? I have a record locator on American but it is not reserved on AA.COM website. With all of the airline craziness it makes me nervous. I have paid in full for my cruise and EZ air airfare.

Your reservation should show up on AA as soon as it’s booked.  Are you sure you’re using the airline booking code and not the EZ Air code?  You should be able to look it up on AA by your name and flight no also.  Does it show on your travel summary, flight information?

If you don’t see it, I would call AA and have them search for it.  They should be able to find it.  If not, you’ll have to call EZAIR.

When are you leaving?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pkamison said:

As PacnGoNow said, you should be seeing your reservation on the AA website. Right on the splash page of AA.com (you don't even have to log in) is a tab labeled "Manage trips / Check in".

Go there and you'll be asked your last name and for your record locator. You should be able to see your trip. If you don't, yes there's a problem because as soon as you get a record locator on EZair, it's from AA, they have it.

As for your other question about when it's ticketed, it seems EZair staff is getting around to paying the airlines about 30 days before your departure date. At that point you'll have ticket numbers in your Travel Summary and AA will stop bugging you to finalize your payment as well. Don't worry about AA's messaging, I understand it's part of the arrangement Princess / EZair has with the airlines. They won't cancel you.

• Like 1

thanks, my cruise (to Hawaii) is not until October. I purposely booked a direct flight as walking is difficult if we have to change planes in big airports. We are going 2 days before ship departure so hopefully the air situation will not be the mess it is today.

I was ultimately able to find my flight on AA.com BUT the status is marked unknown. It was very difficult to locate it on their website.

I think I can request Early Ticketing but I am unsure what the implication's of that would be.np

Just now, pkamison said:

I was ultimately able to find my flight on AA.com BUT the status is marked unknown. It was very difficult to locate it on their website.

I think I can request Early Ticketing but I am unsure what the implication's of that would be.np

Yes, status unknown will be there for a while. It's not a problem.

You can request early ticketing. Some people do as some airlines won't allow you to select seats until you're ticketing. In my experience, AA is not one of them, although I have heard reports of people having problems with AA.

If you get early ticketing, you no longer have a flexible fare. There may be change fees if you want to rebook although it's hard to tell these days as most airlines don't charge them any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pkamison said:

thanks, my cruise (to Hawaii) is not until October. I purposely booked a direct flight as walking is difficult if we have to change planes in big airports. We are going 2 days before ship departure so hopefully the air situation will not be the mess it is today.

Glad you found it.  I’t’s not ticketed yet so don’t worry.  I would suggest download the AA app on your phone, easier and quicker to get notices and changes on your flights.  
I never ticket early, because you lose that flexibility of changing or repricing the flight on EZAIR.  You have up until 45 days before departure to change.

thank you for your responses - it has been a relief to see that Princess and American are working together although I wish Princess would stop playing with my money and just pay American. They have had my money for a long time and I have had 3 canceled cruises so this has been quite exhausting.

I have the American app on my phone and will check to make sure I check it quite often.

Our flights were ticketed overnight last night, we're 56 days out.

I've had EIGHT flight changes since booking. I assume all of them were driven by the airlines and not Princess/EZAir, and it's been mostly small changes, although one flight segment on our return (three segment return from Vancouver) has changed times drastically a few times and now Delta is showing we have two conflicting flights booked on the return, but I'm not concerned (yet).

Our traveling companions who booked same day as us are still not ticketed yet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vmom said:

Are you less likely to have your flights changed to new flights if you request early ticketing?

No.  Your individual booking doesn't factor into airline decisions on schedule changes, equipment changes, etc.  You have to keep an eye on bookings whether ticketed or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pkamison said:

thank you for your responses - it has been a relief to see that Princess and American are working together although I wish Princess would stop playing with my money and just pay American. They have had my money for a long time and I have had 3 canceled cruises so this has been quite exhausting.

I have the American app on my phone and will check to make sure I check it quite often.

I will be doing early ticketing for our BA/BA(AA codeshare) flights home from Europe.  This is partly so I can do seat selections on the codeshare leg.  With Princess delaying paying for and ticketing flights, I don't want to be stuck with little choice.  I'd rather know we are set.  Besides, there is near-zero chance the fare will come back to what we are booked at as they have jumped up higher now to be more in line with other airlines.  I re-fared at least a half-dozen times chasing down the fare until it recently jumped up. 

I am also going to do early ticketing on our outbound flights even though our seats are selected.  I just don't want to be sitting around wondering when Princess is going to ticket and don't want any issues.  Again, there is absolute zero chance of the fare rate dropping anywhere near what I paid, so I don't see much downside at all to losing the Flexible booking status a bit early. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I will be doing early ticketing for our BA/BA(AA codeshare) flights home from Europe.  This is partly so I can do seat selections on the codeshare leg.  With Princess delaying paying for and ticketing flights, I don't want to be stuck with little choice.  I'd rather know we are set.  Besides, there is near-zero chance the fare will come back to what we are booked at as they have jumped up higher now to be more in line with other airlines.  I re-fared at least a half-dozen times chasing down the fare until it recently jumped up. 

I am also going to do early ticketing on our outbound flights even though our seats are selected.  I just don't want to be sitting around wondering when Princess is going to ticket and don't want any issues.  Again, there is absolute zero chance of the fare rate dropping anywhere near what I paid, so I don't see much downside at all to losing the Flexible booking status a bit early. 

How early are you going to ticket?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

How early are you going to ticket?

I'd say around 60 days for outbound and 80 - 85 for return.  I plan to request outbound this coming week.  I am doing FP on our final segment this coming week as well.  

(I have just reviewed our return flights again and the BA flight overseas home from LHR is going have to new Club Suites and there are plenty to choose from (flight used to have the older seating - Club World).  There is very little info out there on best/worst seats, but I can follow general guidelines I use and will be fine.  I see I could wait longer.  I can see they just took the ones that already had seats before and assigned them all into the first rows.  But I want to ticket and hope we can get seats selected anyway).

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd say around 60 days for outbound and 80 - 85 for return.  I plan to request outbound this coming week.  I am doing FP on our final segment this coming week as well.  

(I have just reviewed our return flights again and the BA flight overseas home from LHR is going have to new Club Suites and there are plenty to choose from (flight used to have the older seating - Club World).  There is very little info out there on best/worst seats, but I can follow general guidelines I use and will be fine.  I see I could wait longer.  I can see they just took the ones that already had seats before and assigned them all into the first rows.  But I want to ticket and hope we can get seats selected anyway).

Sounds like a good plan.

• 2 weeks later...

My EZAir flight to NYC was a great fare when I booked flexible rate.

I wanted to select seats early, so paid airline to do that,( was not available to do through EZAir.)

Flight was then changed by airline, different seats assigned. One seat payment has been refunded. Today EZAir is offering my flight for $120 pp less.

Airline App still has us in newly assigned seats.

No more early ticketing for me.

7 minutes ago, dog said:

I wanted to select seats early, so paid airline to do that,( was not available to do through EZAir.)

Flight was then changed by airline, different seats assigned. One seat payment has been refunded. Today EZAir is offering my flight for $120 pp less.

How far out are you now?  Was it a domestic ticket or International ticket?

46 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

How far out are you now?  Was it a domestic ticket or International ticket?

84 days- Toronto to NYC.

if ticketed, seat selected , I can’t get price drop, right?

I am able to get better seats in airline app- they put one of us in middle seat.

Edited by dog

10 minutes ago, dog said:

84 days- Toronto to NYC.

I am able to get better seats in airline app- they put one of us in middle seat.

You can call; they may let you..."may" being the operative word. It worked for me once.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

84 days- Toronto to NYC.

TA or CVP?  I’d call them to ask or if you booked w PCL call them.  Not likely, but I’d still call.  Prob is, ticket was already issued.  Ughhh

1 hour ago, dog said:

84 days- Toronto to NYC.

Practice that really sad story before you call in.  If it's sad enough...who knows! 😄

32 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Practice that really sad story before you call in.  If it's sad enough...who knows! 😄

35 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

TA or CVP?  I’d call them to ask or if you booked w PCL call them.  Not likely, but I’d still call.  Prob is, ticket was already issued.  Ughhh

I got a nice price drop on cruise just before final payment.

I will call Princess but, not expecting any adjustment on air now.

Lesson learned- no more early ticketing for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

2 hours ago, dog said:

84 days- Toronto to NYC.

15 minutes ago, dog said:

I got a nice price drop on cruise just before final payment.

I will call Princess but, not expecting any adjustment on air now.

Lesson learned- no more early ticketing for me.

HI,

Have you tried to Change Flight in EZ-Air?  I have been ticketed for some time on AF to Europe and < 60 days from departure and EZ-Air would let me change flights and charge me the difference (not interested in doing so of course).  I recently ticketed for our return flight at < 90 days now and that one is also open to be re-booked (BA/AA).  Not sure if there would be a block with AC. 

Hope you can get some success.  I know domestic flying is like gambling these days as you never know when flight will get cancelled or combined and AC seems to be one of the worst for notifying.  Hope you can at least get better seating.

I may be better off leaving things for now:

-paid lowest flexible fare to Princess EZAir

-paid $12.50 US x 4 to airline for seat selection early

-carry on only- so no baggage fee

airline changed aircraft- cancelled departure 

-rebooked us automatically on earlier flight we preferred

-assigned window & middle vs window & aisle requested seats

-refunded $12.50 for one seat only

-I moved from middle seat to aisle seat on app

-This is now in the Comfort seat row

- to book comfort seats extra cost  would be $22 pp US

I check in airline app a couple of times a day- so will catch it if seats disappear.

thanks for input everyone.

-my next battle is trying to get my $5 k back from Air Canada Vacations for my September trip to Bermuda they cancelled!!!

Edited by dog
  • Like 2