favorite excursion in Cozumel?

C cruise

El cid - It was definitely not crowded the last time we were there but there were only 3 ships in port. That said I’ve never seen it crowded.  

The pool is in full sun which is the only thing I don’t like but has a gradual entry at one end.  Someone was checking chemicals I noticed the the last time we were there which is good.  Last time I had the hot tub to myself and was served from a window at the bar.  The servers do a pretty good job of checking on you. The food was fair. The mai tai’s were very good.  

There are 2 ways to reach the ocean.  One is a tiny beach area with a rocky bottom and the other is from steps.  The water from the steps is pretty rough but if you’re a good swimmer you can snorkel to see a sunken ship.  The snorkel swim area is roped off from the ferry’s and boats that come and go.  If you like to sit in the sit ocean and sip your drink this is not the place for you.

Bathrooms are as clean as any I’ve seen on the island. The all inclusive cost through shore excursioneer was under $60 and included towels and internet.  

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 1

Hey all, I'll be in Cozumel in January and am considering that Bar Hop tour. For those of you who have been on it....

How long are you at each bar?

The bars are all on beaches. Are any of those beaches ones you can go into the water for a swim?

6 minutes ago, KristiK said:

Hey all, I'll be in Cozumel in January and am considering that Bar Hop tour. For those of you who have been on it....

How long are you at each bar?

The bars are all on beaches. Are any of those beaches ones you can go into the water for a swim?

Approximately 40-50 minutes depending on number of people on the tour, building in time for stragglers, although it is well organized and you get a warning call before final.

You can “cool off”in the ocean at a couple of the bars but you don’t have much time and more importantly you need to be careful of undertow and rip currents at beaches on the east coast. One bar is up a cliff and no beach.

If you want to see the east side but specifically want beach swimming as well it is easier to book an independent driver and finish at a beach on the west coast after circling the island. The Bar Hop is a good social excursion, although it is not a party tour. You can join in or not as you wish with no coercion.

11 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Approximately 40-50 minutes depending on number of people on the tour, building in time for stragglers, although it is well organized and you get a warning call before final.

You can “cool off”in the ocean at a couple of the bars but you don’t have much time and more importantly you need to be careful of undertow and rip currents at beaches on the east coast. One bar is up a cliff and no beach.

If you want to see the east side but specifically want beach swimming as well it is easier to book an independent driver and finish at a beach on the west coast after circling the island. The Bar Hop is a good social excursion, although it is not a party tour. You can join in or not as you wish with no coercion.

Thank you! I'm not a big beach person (easily burnable redhead) but my travelling friend is.  I'll just have to schedule her beach day at another port so she gets her fill. This bar hop sounds like huge fun!

1 hour ago, KristiK said:

Thank you! I'm not a big beach person (easily burnable redhead) but my travelling friend is.  I'll just have to schedule her beach day at another port so she gets her fill. This bar hop sounds like huge fun!

The first stop is the biggest beach club and has lots of room for sitting on the beach - loungers and hammocks or restaurant/bar under cover. Second stop is up a cliff for the view. Third stop does have beach but you need to walk outside the bar area. Fourth stop more rocky.

Depending on time  you are visiting east side can be affected by sargassum.

After going through this thread I reserved the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour with Cozumel Cruise Tours, it starts with a quick snorkeling adventure, so that appealed to me.  It appears to be the "wrong" company from what seems to be recommended on this tread, but I'm sure it will be fun.  I do still have "Driving Adventure Tour: Snorkel, Jade Cavern & Playa Mia Beach break" booked through Celebrity, it was an excursion I was looking forward to, but the bar hop is appealing as well to me.

Has anyone ever done the Driving Adventure that could comment on that?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, Tyler414 said:

After going through this thread I reserved the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour with Cozumel Cruise Tours, it starts with a quick snorkeling adventure, so that appealed to me.  It appears to be the "wrong" company from what seems to be recommended on this tread, but I'm sure it will be fun.  I do still have "Driving Adventure Tour: Snorkel, Jade Cavern & Playa Mia Beach break" booked through Celebrity, it was an excursion I was looking forward to, but the bar hop is appealing as well to me.

Has anyone ever done the Driving Adventure that could comment on that?  Thanks.

I will be in Cozumel in late February (2023).  Have you done this Cozumel Bar Hop Tour with Cozumel Cruise Tours yet?

I have gone on the well known Cozumel Bar Hop several times and enjoyed it.  It is a good value for a solo traveler.

The one through Cozumel Cruise Tours appears to be a better value.  The website indirectly indicates that there is a free shot at the bar stops but it is not clear.  Also, where do cruisers meet up with the tour and where does it end?  (The original meets at Senor Frogs downtown and guests are dropped off at the cruise port.)

Edited by day-day

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

Been to Cozumel a lot and have enjoyed Paradise Beach, Playa Mia Beach Break, Fury Catamaran and Mr. Sancho's.  Going back in November and am doing the Cozumel Bar Hop for the first time! I was at Sancho's last month and it was packed! service was off but food was still delish!

3 minutes ago, RICKnVICK said:

Hello all!

Been to Cozumel a lot and have enjoyed Paradise Beach, Playa Mia Beach Break, Fury Catamaran and Mr. Sancho's.  Going back in November and am doing the Cozumel Bar Hop for the first time! I was at Sancho's last month and it was packed! service was off but food was still delish!

We have given up on Mr. Sancho‘s. The service was just terrible the last time we were there. But luckily there are so many other good options at Cozumel!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from Cozumel and I wanted to put a plug in for Eagle Ray Divers snorkeling tour. My family of five had a private tour where they took us to three different reefs. All snorkel equipment was provided, as well as a light lunch and beverages.

Even though we had a short amount of time in Cozumel (got there at 10:15 am and had to be back on the ship by 3:30 pm), our team did a great job of giving us a great snorkel tour and making sure we were finished in time to not miss the boat. The marina they dock out of is close enough to the cruise ship terminal that we were able to walk (about 20 minutes). We paid $400 for our family of five (one with special needs, which they happily accommodated) for a 3.5 hour tour.

• Like 1