Edge class - exquisite no?

johnnylikely

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I feel the exact same way.  In fact in 135 cruises on a huge variety of ships and cruise lines, the Edge Class is at the very top of my all-time favorites list.  I was also blown away by the overall design and most of all the attention to detail.  It’s elevated without question.  I much prefer it over the S-Class.  

Exactly! It was stunning- my fave by a mile- so well designed and high quality!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I will keep checking for winter 23-24. Thanks @LGW59

Wondering if you have a preference on where to sail ?  I do but I just want to be on a cruise and when I do it will be on the EDGE 

I thought the theatre was too small, the Apex Transatlantic was 55% filled and the threader was filled for the 9 pm shows and 1/2 filled for 7 pm shows 

what would it like if the cruise was 100% 😱

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask was the Tree of Life, which cost over $1 million to make, on either the Edge or Beyond? I don’t remember it being on the Edge when we cruised on it back in August. But those were only 7 day cruises back then. However, on the 9 day leg of our Apex B2B in November, they rolled it out and it was awesome!

The tree is unique to Apex. The Tree of Life show isn't on Edge or Beyond. Beyond has a different feature (an 'Air Fountain' I believe is what they call it?) which is used in the Elements show. I don't think Edge has a special feature. If it does I'm drawing a blank on what it is. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The tree is unique to Apex. The Tree of Life show isn't on Edge or Beyond. Beyond has a different feature (an 'Air Fountain' I believe is what they call it?) which is used in the Elements show. I don't think Edge has a special feature. If it does I'm drawing a blank on what it is. 

I don't remember any either on the Edge. But I will say we had a blast on our 16 day B2B on the Apex, to include going to the shows in the main theater, The Club and Eden and kicking back on the balcony in our aft-facing sunset veranda during the down times!! 😃

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

I haven't read the entire thread but have to agree about the hot tubs and getting drinks.  That being said, I loved sitting above everything, and one drink would last me while there.

The goodies at Cafe Bacio were SERIOUSLY lacking and that is my favorite spot on the ship.  Down right sad.  I think one type of cookie, no decent cakes.  The only thing I liked were the chocolate tartlets.  I diet for weeks just to have a daily treat there while cruising and was soooo disappointed.

On the other hand, I was prepared to hate the Infinity veranda and loved it.  Travel somewhere warm where you can sleep with the window open, watch the moon and listen to the sea.  It was heaven.

Miriam

30 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

I haven't read the entire thread but have to agree about the hot tubs and getting drinks.  That being said, I loved sitting above everything, and one drink would last me while there.

The goodies at Cafe Bacio were SERIOUSLY lacking and that is my favorite spot on the ship.  Down right sad.  I think one type of cookie, no decent cakes.  The only thing I liked were the chocolate tartlets.  I diet for weeks just to have a daily treat there while cruising and was soooo disappointed.

On the other hand, I was prepared to hate the Infinity veranda and loved it.  Travel somewhere warm where you can sleep with the window open, watch the moon and listen to the sea.  It was heaven.

Miriam

I've heard the Captain has control of the IV windows if bad weather....did you find it closed on occasion or at night?

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've heard the Captain has control of the IV windows if bad weather....did you find it closed on occasion or at night?

I've never had it closed by the Captain when we left the window down overnight. 

• Thanks 1

EDGE class is my favorite class of ship with Celebrity.  Heck, I'd love to sail Beyond, but given the chance to do the EDGE sailing again, I'd jump at the opportunity.  EDGE and APEX (sailed both) are simply beautiful ships with outstanding service and venues to highlight the cruise.

EDEN would be one of my top 3 specialty restaurants on ANY cruise I've ever taken.

Most entertainment, while not as bombastic or over the top as you'll find on other cruise lines, is great in a more intimate way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

No, the only exception was in Naples during a spray down. We were gone most of the day anyway.  Weather was perfect.

M

• Thanks 1