sauna on the Explorer

I'm a huge steam and sauna person especially after a good workout.  Months ago there was a list on CC called "RC ships with free steam rooms and saunas" which I printed out.   It was dated February 25, 2021 and Explorer is still a ship with free sauna facilities.  Unfortunately, I can't search for it now because their search function is not working right now.  Good luck.

Explorer was supposed to be "amplified" but that was canceled due to the pandemic, so thankfully for now she has been spared the refurb that has taken the excellent fitness center facilities and locker rooms from Voyager (I think), Navigator, and Freedom already. If they never get around to ruining Adventure and Explorer in the same way, or Liberty and Independence, I certainly wouldn't mind. 

• Like 1

Everything I have read says that the sauna and steam room facilities still exist on the Explorer for free use.  Fingers crossed.  We sail on her in less than 2 weeks and this is one of the features I love about that class of ship before they refurbished them and removed them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Everything I have read says that the sauna and steam room facilities still exist on the Explorer for free use.  Fingers crossed.  We sail on her in less than 2 weeks and this is one of the features I love about that class of ship before they refurbished them and removed them.

I totally agree with you on this.  

6 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I totally agree with you on this.  

The massive showers in them are great as well.  On the times when we had 4 people staying in one cabin, I often showered and got dressed in that area for formal nights

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

The massive showers in them are great as well.  On the times when we had 4 people staying in one cabin, I often showered and got dressed in that area for formal nights

Guilty of doing that too 😅🚿

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Agree and only two of us. I use those showers in the morning after my morning walk before going to breakfast and the late afternoon after a port day or a day of being a lounge lizard in the sun before going out for the evening. The only time I use the shower in our cabin is in the evening before going to bed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2022 at 4:31 PM, Russ Lomas said:

still free?

On 7/25/2022 at 5:19 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm a huge steam and sauna person especially after a good workout.  Months ago there was a list on CC called "RC ships with free steam rooms and saunas" which I printed out.   It was dated February 25, 2021 and Explorer is still a ship with free sauna facilities.  Unfortunately, I can't search for it now because their search function is not working right now.  Good luck.

Me too for sauna and steam.  I love EOS and am booked next May out of Venice.  Unfortunately, she’s scheduled to be “trAMPED” before our sailing.  I hope they leave the gym, sauna, steam and change rooms intact.  They ruined Navigator. 

18 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

still free?

Yes, they were still free and available for use in August on the Explorer.  The men's steam room was not really working well.  I was told it was not working at all previously, but it was not functioning properly during my week.  Made me wonder if they are planning on removing it in the dry dock, so they do not bother to fully fix it now.  Sure hope not

12 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Me too for sauna and steam.  I love EOS and am booked next May out of Venice.  Unfortunately, she’s scheduled to be “trAMPED” before our sailing.  I hope they leave the gym, sauna, steam and change rooms intact.  They ruined Navigator. 

Freedom of the Seas as well was destroyed in that regard too.

7 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Yes, they were still free and available for use in August on the Explorer.  The men's steam room was not really working well.  I was told it was not working at all previously, but it was not functioning properly during my week.  Made me wonder if they are planning on removing it in the dry dock, so they do not bother to fully fix it now.  Sure hope not

On day 5 of our 8 night cruise in August it was finally working properly.  We kept complaining and they kept saying its working.  NOT.....I truly hope they save this from destruction.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

On day 5 of our 8 night cruise in August it was finally working properly.  We kept complaining and they kept saying its working.  NOT.....I truly hope they save this from destruction.

We may have been on the same sailing.  We were on the 8-day cruise on August 6th.  Tried it up til day 3 or 4 and gave up on it after that for the rest of the cruise and stuck to the sauna (which worked well and was free 🙂

7 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We may have been on the same sailing.  We were on the 8-day cruise on August 6th.  Tried it up til day 3 or 4 and gave up on it after that for the rest of the cruise and stuck to the sauna (which worked well and was free 🙂

That's the one LOL

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:11 PM, Airbear232 said:

I love what they did to Navigator and I am still bummed they moved her away from Florida. I think she has the best slides of any RCI ship and the Bamboo Room is one of my favorite RCI bars. But I completely understand different people like different things on ships. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I love what they did to Navigator and I am still bummed they moved her away from Florida. I think she has the best slides of any RCI ship and the Bamboo Room is one of my favorite RCI bars. But I completely understand different people like different things on ships. 

Slides and Bamboo Room are great,  they just botched the gym setup.

• Like 1