so what's still missing?

So for me specifically I will be sailing on the allure in oct.  Last I heard the escape room, Lazer tag, ice skating were still in hiatus.  I am not sure the allure ever had dinner theatre, but what else on what ships is yet to come back.  In terms of places, events or activities..... Oh I just thought of the new years eve type party in the main area (can't think of what that's called ) .  Thanks in advance.

Varies.  Some ships have most shows back up, some don't.  Same with other venues.

In April Symphony had two ice shows, water show, escape room and open ice skating open.  In June Harmony had only one ice show and they were working on water show (injury, new staff and stage malfunction).  Managed to do partial show later in cruise.  No escape room. Comedy shows and laser tag ran but only guest headliners and some dancing in theater.

If it really matters to you look up the cruise before yours on the app (select the little person, "change cruise" and then look at bottom of your cruise list for "ships supported."  Select your ship and then the date you want to look at.  You can see everything on the schedule on that cruise.  If you do this too far in advance you will just get generic stuff but the current sailing should be quite accurate.

Edited by LeeW
more

56 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Varies.  Some ships have most shows back up, some don't.  Same with other venues.

In April Symphony had two ice shows, water show, escape room and open ice skating open.  In June Harmony had only one ice show and they were working on water show (injury, new staff and stage malfunction).  Managed to do partial show later in cruise.  No escape room. Comedy shows and laser tag ran but only guest headliners and some dancing in theater.

If it really matters to you look up the cruise before yours on the app (select the little person, "change cruise" and then look at bottom of your cruise list for "ships supported."  Select your ship and then the date you want to look at.  You can see everything on the schedule on that cruise.  If you do this too far in advance you will just get generic stuff but the current sailing should be quite accurate.

How far out is to far?

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Wow that worked well.  I checked for a cruise in August and saw stuff.  Didn't see escape room or Lazer tag but didn't look to hard.  Ty

Allure has no escape room or lazer tag area and no annoying purple slide to block the aft view! Ice skating show was still on our b2b in May.  70's show took place in the promenade also. Never heard of a dinner show on any Royal ship.  Can't wait to sail again on Allure next month! Glad Royal did not spend the money to amp her with gimmicks like the robotic bar also.

Edited by coaster

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

When I was on the Allure last month there wasn't the prade, no Mamm Mia due to COVID, there were no behind the seans tours and some other activities were cut back. 

The parades have been gone for some time even,

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Allure has no escape room or lazer tag area and no annoying purple slide to block the aft view! Ice skating show was still on our b2b in May.  70's show took place in the promenade also. Never heard of a dinner show on any Royal ship.  Can't wait to sail again on Allure next month! Glad Royal did not spend the money to amp her with gimmicks like the robotic bar also.

I assume by your post you are not a fan of the other Oasis class ships? 

14 hours ago, coaster said:

More options are better then no options.  I get the limited ocean viewing space and the tubes in the back of the ship as blocking views.  The ship is built like an amusement park for a reason and if that's not your style, Forest Gump has some options for you. 

Lazer tag was done in the ice arena when not being used for well ice stuff.  Some royal ships, I think older 1s have had a mysteria dinner theatre in gionvinis I believe, again within a already used space.  I don't drink and generally don't see purpose of the robot bartender or the floating bar or any bars for that matter, but I don't expect them to make a ship by my design and needs.  On an 8night cruise with my family I prefer lots and lots of options and things to do. Even if I prefer none of them to coffee and a book.  At least they all can go have fun and sometimes I go with them.

14 hours ago, coaster said:

Also this

Screenshot_20220727-155944.png

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

The parades have been gone for some time even,

Yes part of the reason for asking the question.  I was hoping as things get put back together they get to doing all the stuff.  My kids would like the parade. 

I was also not just looking for me, but figured others could get the info on there ship.

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume by your post you are not a fan of the other Oasis class ships? 

I like all Oasis class ships, but prefer Allure. I would book any of them if the price is right. The Diamond lounge on Allure is probably the best in the fleet also. Huge windows overlooking the boardwalk area and aft without the slide blocking views. Met my favorite bartender in the Champagne Bar that would of been replaced with robots.

I would like Playmakers added as Rita's pay one price for food is not my thing. Space seems underutilized also. Ordering from a menu in Playmakers and pitchers of beer is an attractive option to me.

Edited by coaster

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

I like all Oasis class ships, but prefer Allure. I would book any of them if the price is right. The Diamond lounge on Allure is probably the best in the fleet also. Huge windows overlooking the boardwalk area and aft without the slide blocking views. Met my favorite bartender in the Champagne Bar that would of been replaced with robots.

I would like Playmakers added as Rita's pay one price for food is not my thing. Space seems underutilized also. Ordering from a menu in Playmakers and pitchers of beer is an attractive option to me.

I am a big fan of Playmakers. Hopefully they continue to add it to ships that don’t have one when their financial situation improves. I also wish they would add the Bamboo Room to more ships. 

• Like 1

I am pretty sure the diamond lounge may be the wonderland restaurant on the symphony. We usually go for lower rooms, so no suites yet, but that wonderland restaurant on the symphony was 1 of the best dinning experiences I have ever had.  Not everything was our preferred food, but I was blown away.  And some of it I thought was going to be disgusting actually was delicious.