Shoppers Drug Mart - covid test

zimmerman

Sorry, for the very specific ask...

I’m trying to book a couple of pre-cruise tests (in Vancouver) and for the life of me can’t use the website to book them.

the option doesn’t appear and/or I only seem get offered Ontario stores. Search facility shows the store on a map, but doesn’t let you select it.

ive tried two computers, two browsers and a phone. None successfully.

I’m trying to access from the UK. This shouldn’t make a difference (should it)?

I use Shoppers Drug Mart for all my pharmacy needs and their website is not the best.

It is hard to see but on the website's main page there is a line right below the red header at the top that says "you are located in ON +change location" (it defaults to Ontario for some reason). Click the +change location and type in Vancouver and it should give you some options.

Here's a link to a Shoppers close to Canada Place in Vancouver https://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/store-locator/store/2275 

Good luck!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zimmerman said:

I’ve got a step closer, but still not quite there. Looks like the page doesn’t fully open/load. 

I’ll give it another go after the store opens. See if that makes a difference.

9C9CE2FB-DA89-46EB-A28C-6DA37BE6349C.jpeg

This is what I get, too. Can’t go any further. ??

Relatives in BC have complained to me about the high cost and low availability of Covid testing in their area.  It may be that none of the locations near the port actually do the travel Covid screening (aka antigen testing for travel) and that’s why the website is stalling.

I’d suggest calling your location of choice to see if they offer travel testing, and if they don’t, they may be able to tell you which nearby location (if any) does.

There are lots of private labs that do the testing, but they cost even more than Shoppers.  There is also a lab at the airport that does travel testing.  Again, $$$$$.

Personally, I’d use one of the online proctoring companies like eMed and DIY your pre-cruise tests.  It will be easier and cheaper.  My personal fav, Azova, will even use your free govt issued tests and ones bought at pharmacies - https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/

As far as I know Shoppers Drug do not offer Covid tests in BC. I would recommend a proctored test versus various on line providers using your own unopened test kit. The cost from lifecenters.ca for 2 people is $25 CDN. Very easy booking process. You will need a tablet or big mobile phone.  

Edited by Coquitlam Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Very few in BC are offering the voluntary travel antigen screening, but some are.

I just searched to confirm which, and got 3 hits in Vancouver proper - most convenient is likely the 24hr Shoppers at 1202 W Pender. I think this link to my search will revert to the start page without some local cookies, so here's a screengrab confirming the 3 Vancouver locations (I selected the 'travel antigen test, for out of canada travel' specifically to ensure it wasn't giving me the stores which give out test kits or offer tests for folks with symptoms etc.)

If you search by post code, with any downtown Vancouver code (e.g. V6C 3T4 for Canada Place) it should pop the Pender and Thurlow/Davie Shoppers stores. Actually making an appointment? Given how spectacularly bad Shoppers IT support is (I have tried to book my annual Flu jab for years, not once has it successfully gone through to the store pharmacy!) I would not be at all surprised if you need to call the store, especially given it seems to be a voluntary thing, up to each individual franchisee to offer if they want to rather than 'all stores in the Province do this service'!

Screengrab:Clipboard01.jpg.adc07916fb3fd6eeecb9d074d32126b9.jpg

July 6th we got our tests at the Shoppers Mart on West Pender.  My phone wasn’t working to schedule an appointment so we walked over and one of the pharmacists ran our tests as walk ins.  $100CAD for two but showed as $78 on my Chase VISA.