Limited itineraries

WhiteOptima

Was looking at booking and when I search for St. Lucia or St Kitts only 1 cruise came up.  I don’t see many for Grand Cayman.  Tortola? Barbados?  What happened to the different itineraries for Carnival?  Our best cruise ever was Fascination out of San Juan but I know there was some out of Miami that hit these ports.  

• Like 1

I think that the southern cruise that does Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados and others left from San Juan (at least when we did it in 2015). San Juan, PR still has its Covid restrictions limiting cruise ships. Grand Cayman just started to let cruise ships port again along with other ports. I haven't seen Tortola on an itinerary in quite some time which may be due to the size of the newer ships? 

Overall I agree, every itinerary is the same and lame.

• Like 1

St. Kitts is still routinely part of the 8 day Eastern itinerary out of Miami and Port Canaveral.  The OP is correct that islands further south along the Leewards and Windwards are only offered on some longer Journeys cruises.

It's a real shame.  Carnival needs to get a ship home ported in San Juan again. Perhaps when some of these 'new builds' arrive or after Sunshine gets booted from Charleston.  Their itineraries are somewhat tired and predictable; perfect for the blue/red cards but increasingly less interesting for seasoned travelers.  And one can see that they earn a nice premium on Journeys cruises so there is demand. Now there are other CCL lines that offer the destinations so perhaps that's what the Corp. wants folks to consider.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Riles34 said:

. San Juan, PR still has its Covid restrictions limiting cruise ships. 

Puerto Rico lifted all Covid restrictions a few months ago.

Puerto Rico: open to vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers

Updated May 16

All travelers: 

Proof of vaccination or negative test is not required for U.S. travelers.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Puerto Rico lifted all Covid restrictions a few months ago.

Puerto Rico: open to vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers

Updated May 16

All travelers: 

Proof of vaccination or negative test is not required for U.S. travelers.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

I should have wrote it differently, the restrictions removed SJ as a home port for a CCL ship and no ship has been reported to start back up and have SJ its home port.

They are still sailing down to ABC islands, so I don't think that it's because they aren't going south.

Have Grand Cayman booked for February on the Glory, but yeah, they just opened up and from what I hear not a lot of establishments are offering things yet.

I think I recall seeing a few going to Tortola?  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, firefly333 said:

2 of the 14 day eastern out of Galveston I think hit st kitts in 2023. I'd like either but not at 3k starting prices. Very popular. 

Yep.  We're on the Dream this January hitting St. Croix on the way back.  In 2024 we're on the Conquest doing a spectacular Journey all the way down to Grenada.  They ain't cheap, that's for sure.

I would jump onboard a San Juan 'A/B Route' 7-day B2B (Leewards/Windwards and then ABCs) in a heartbeat.  For the life of me I can't figure out why they can't iron things out with the San Juan port authorities.  Note is was a terminal dispute and NOT Covid that initially caused Carnival to leave SJU.

26 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Yep.  We're on the Dream this January hitting St. Croix on the way back.  In 2024 we're on the Conquest doing a spectacular Journey all the way down to Grenada.  They ain't cheap, that's for sure.

I would jump onboard a San Juan 'A/B Route' 7-day B2B (Leewards/Windwards and then ABCs) in a heartbeat.  For the life of me I can't figure out why they can't iron things out with the San Juan port authorities.  Note is was a terminal dispute and NOT Covid that initially caused Carnival to leave SJU.

You can see in my signature I'm on the dream journey cruise jan 2024. Panama costa Rica Columbia aruba and curacao..and I think jamaica .. lol missing the B of the ABC islands. Looking forward to the ports. 

I'm on radiance next jan also to 2 of these ports Panama and Columbia. Wish i could do the b2b radiance with the 9 day to coco cay but got oasis next march. 

All the best cruises seem on top of each other. ..but i sure would like that st kitts eastern on dream ,,,maybe squeeze it in the oct one. ..

I'll have to go find the conquest journey cruise you mentioned. See what ports. I'm tired of same ole but not flying out of usa. Too complicated. Thanks.. I'll go look now. 

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You can see in my signature I'm on the dream journey cruise jan 2024. Panama costa Rica Columbia aruba and curacao..and I think jamaica .. lol missing the B of the ABC islands. Looking forward to the ports. 

I'm on radiance next jan also to 2 of these ports Panama and Columbia. Wish i could do the b2b radiance with the 9 day to coco cay but got oasis next march. 

All the best cruises seem on top of each other. ..but i sure would like that st kitts eastern on dream ,,,maybe squeeze it in the oct one. ..

I'll have to go find the conquest journey cruise you mentioned. See what ports. I'm tired of same ole but not flying out of usa. Too complicated. Thanks.. I'll go look now. 

The Conquest Journey departs 1/28/24.  We're particularly looking forward to returning to Dominica and getting to Grenada for the first time on that cruise.