Princess 2023-2024 Americas Program opens for sale for Elite Captain's Circle Members Aug 9

Coral

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They asked about 2023?  I’d check for them, but I can’t log in. 😆

Thanks PacnGoNow LOL it's fine no worries. We're just in a tight spot because Jan 28, Feb 17 sailings on the Enchanted is basically sold out per our certificate's parameters. We're praying that Princess continues this itinerary so we can get on! 😅

56 minutes ago, marcushart said:

Good Afternoon from a low-level Captain's Circle member! Can any Elite members help our family to look at the new sailings to see if there are any 10-day Southern Caribbean (Barbados) sailings that were added after February 14, 2023? We're curious if it picks up right after that sailing or has a short break. Thank you!

E9EB33A7-DFFF-4C7E-9E53-396693BDE9E8.thumb.png.e58ece41cbacd705f7ee8c5e165ae861.png

16 minutes ago, marcushart said:

Thanks PacnGoNow LOL it's fine no worries. We're just in a tight spot because Jan 28, Feb 17 sailings on the Enchanted is basically sold out per our certificate's parameters. We're praying that Princess continues this itinerary so we can get on! 😅

I am not sure what you mean by parameters and also your other post seemed to imply you are restricted to 10-night voyage?  I don't see why you could not book something else and your credit gets applied and you pay the difference.  Have you asked?

57 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Add 500 for Princess Plus.  Or 155 for gratuities if you don't drink.

Yahbut... the addition of PLUS or PREMIUM is a constant no matter what the voyage is and is simply a value-proposition question to be analyzed and answered for each guest.  Also, another constant is $14.50x2 = $29 per day - again no matter the cost of the underlying voyage.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure what you mean by parameters and also your other post seemed to imply you are restricted to 10-night voyage?  I don't see why you could not book something else and your credit gets applied and you pay the difference.  Have you asked?

Hey there Steelers36, we did unfortunately. We can upgrade within our 10-night, for example since Balconies are sold out we can opt for Mini-Suites but we cannot pay the difference for say a 14-day instead. I was just hoping that come tomorrow if there is the exact same itinerary but in March we can just go on that one instead without all of the hassle.

Edited by marcushart
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, marcushart said:

Thank you for checking Susan. Darn, it looks like our cruise certificate is only valid for 10-day sailings. I was hoping they would continue the 10-day sailings throughout 2023.

Upon further review, I had thought you were looking for 2024.  In early 2023, there is a 10 day on the Enchanted on 2/27/23 that goes to Aruba.  Other late 2023 choices are 10 day to Martinique on 12/8/23 on the Enchanted, a 10 day on the Caribbean to Tortola on 12/17/23 and a 10 day to Tortola on the Enchanted on 12/18/23.

The only thing I found that may be applicable is an 11 day to Barbados on 12/27/23 on the caribbean, but of course is the New Year's cruise and it's 11 days.

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Upon further review, I had thought you were looking for 2024.  In early 2023, there is a 10 day on the Enchanted on 2/27/23 that goes to Aruba.  Other late 2023 choices are 10 day to Martinique on 12/8/23 on the Enchanted, a 10 day on the Caribbean to Tortola on 12/17/23 and a 10 day to Tortola on the Enchanted on 12/18/23.

The only thing I found that may be applicable is an 11 day to Barbados on 12/27/23 on the caribbean, but of course is the New Year's cruise and it's 11 days.

Exactly what we were looking for thank you so much for helping us Susan, we appreciate you!

Edited by marcushart

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yahbut... the addition of PLUS or PREMIUM is a constant no matter what the voyage is and is simply a value-proposition question to be analyzed and answered for each guest.  Also, another constant is $14.50x2 = $29 per day - again no matter the cost of the underlying voyage.

The Princess standard price is available for those that don't drink or use a cell phone.  You would then only add the 14.50 per day for grats.

11 minutes ago, marcushart said:

Hey there Steelers36, we did unfortunately. We can upgrade within our 10-night, for example since Balconies are sold out we can opt for Mini-Suites but we cannot pay the difference for say a 14-day instead. I was just hoping that come tomorrow if there is the exact same itinerary but in March we can just go on that one instead without all of the hassle.

The 10-nighter program of alternating voyages has been a staple with Princess.  For the new release in 2024, the following are 10-night voyages:  1/7, 1/17, 1/27, 2/6, 2/16, 2/26, 3/7, 3/17, 3.27 - all on Enchanted. 

ETA:  Oops - sorry, looks like you need 2023

Edited by Steelers36

6 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The Princess standard price is available for those that don't drink or use a cell phone.  You would then only add the 14.50 per day for grats.

That's what we do.  Standard and pay for internet at 50% off and also the Crew Incentive.  I bring on my own wine and with a mini-bar setup, we don't buy many bar drinks.  I used to get close to getting the PLUS, but then don't when I looked at the numbers.  Now the threshold is higher to justify at $50/day (but I do realize it is a no-brainer for many folks).  We are heading off on port-intensive voyages this Fall and not so much chance to get money's worth then.  I am glad they have these flexible fare options for guests so everyone can get what fits them the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Dec of 2023 and March of 2024.  Since Princess drug their feet coming out with these itineraries, we had already booked cruises in both of those time periods.  

I hope they repeat these sailings for late 2024 and early 2025.  Sailing past the NaPali coast and visiting Kauai would be nice though.

That is what I’m waiting for but for different reasons…. the earliest I can retire is late 2024. This seems like a perfect sailing for celebrating never having to work again 🙂

ETA Just realized I’m talking about a different sailing….I meant the 32 day RT from LA. 

Edited by vjmatty

Booked my full transit Panama Canal FLL to LAX on the Ruby.  Got the exact cabin that we wanted.  We;ve done Panama canal before but it was a partial.  Can't wait to go back to Cartegena.  Just noticed my TA threw in the Plus Package.  Bonus.  

Edited by suekel
added info
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Someone posted about it being expensive.  That Inside price is pretty cheap for 10 nights!

Midship obstructed view balconies (only when looking down) are reasonable for Discovery's eclipse cruise & many have larger balconies.

BW: $1,159

DW: $1,244

It's the same price for all of the Emerald deck obstructed view cabins no matter where they are located.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Midship obstructed view balconies (only when looking down) are reasonable for Discovery's eclipse cruise & many have larger balconies.

BW: $1,159

DW: $1,244

It's the same price for all of the Emerald deck obstructed view cabins no matter where they are located.

I thought the prices were somewhat reasonable as well.  Still much cheaper than 10 day Caribbean cruises.  

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's what we do.  Standard and pay for internet at 50% off and also the Crew Incentive.  I bring on my own wine and with a mini-bar setup, we don't buy many bar drinks.  I used to get close to getting the PLUS, but then don't when I looked at the numbers.  Now the threshold is higher to justify at $50/day (but I do realize it is a no-brainer for many folks).  We are heading off on port-intensive voyages this Fall and not so much chance to get money's worth then.  I am glad they have these flexible fare options for guests so everyone can get what fits them the best.

I'm a bit...mathematically challenged. If I am calculating this right, $14.50 x 2 = $29/day. Medallion Wi-Fi single device with discount $5 x 2 = 10/day. It's up to me to see if the extra $22/day (Princess Plus $50/day) is worth it in drinks is worth it to me? Or am I calculating this wrong?

21 minutes ago, marcushart said:

I'm a bit...mathematically challenged. If I am calculating this right, $14.50 x 2 = $29/day. Medallion Wi-Fi single device with discount $5 x 2 = 10/day. It's up to me to see if the extra $22/day (Princess Plus $50/day) is worth it in drinks is worth it to me? Or am I calculating this wrong?

You have calculated the "fixed costs" correctly for two people as $29 + $10 = $39.  PLUS now costs $100/day for two people.  Therefore, drinks portion is $61 (used to be $41).

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

On our Discovery cruises this past April and our 14 days on the Majestic, it was a no brainer for us to go with the plus.  25.50 a day for wifi and drink package is an easy choice.  Even at the new 35.50 a day it's easy.  Soda, espresso and 3 drinks and you're already ahead of the game.  And I can't remember the last cruise day I've had only 3 drinks.  Rarely drink alcohol at home, but make up for it when we vacation.

• Like 3