Medallion Holders

Raxter54

We are looking into a Princess cruise for next year, our first ever on Princess. We were looking on Amazon for medallion accessories. About 90% of what shows up are actually for Apple AirTags. Are those compatible with the Princess medallions? Any suggestions on the best way to carry the medallion? Wrist holder? Lanyard? Pocket clip?

Edited by Raxter54

7 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

We are looking into a Princess cruise for next year, our first ever on Princess. We were looking on Amazon for medallion accessories. About 90% of what shows up are actually for Apple AirTags. Are those compatible with the Princess medallions? Any suggestions on the best way to carry the medallion? Wrist holder? Lanyard? Pocket clip?

You will get a free lanyard when you order it on the App.  There are accessories to buy at the same time or on the ship.

We used fitbit bracelets back in 2018 and 2019.  But, we bought the rubber ones on PCL this year.  We got tired of the lanyard so prefer the bracelets.  The ones they sell fit better than the fitbit ones.  I also have the bangle gold bracelet and that is okay, looks nice anyway.  And the gold necklace, but that is not easy to scan, you have to pop it out to use it.

I like the PCL recycled material bracelet because it’s waterproof and it’s easy to scan off and on the ship at ports, etc.

It’s just a matter of choice.

• Thanks 1

comes with a free lanyard and that is what we use.

Or you can buy items sold when you order your medallions via the medallion appl.

Or you can wait  till you are on the ship and buy then.People have found generic ones on Amazon.

I would wait till your Medallions arrive and decide (get the free lanyard)

• Thanks 1

I just detached the lanyard from the medallion holder and kept it in my pocket. Being Elite I did not want to seem I was flashing the black medallion about everywhere!

It fitted nicely in the little loose change pocket of my jeans and shorts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I just detached the lanyard from the medallion holder and kept it in my pocket. Being Elite I did not want to seem I was flashing the black medallion about everywhere!

It fitted nicely in the little loose change pocket of my jeans and shorts.

My DH did that too, but it kept falling out of his khakis. 😂 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the responses. Just watched a YouTube video on the medallion. Nice little piece of technology there. I like how you can order food on it and have it delivered. The lazy person in me approves 🙂

Apple Air Tag holders fit the Medallions perfectly.

I bought these and they fit exactly and snugly. No chance at all the Medallion will fall out and the clip is nice and secure. When I tried it out with a Medallion I was (and am) extremely happy with the purchase. They are currently having a "buy 2 get 1 free" sale so I got two Black and one White. I will use a black on and my wife will have her choice of either black or white. They actually have a wide range of colors available.

https://strapsco.com/product/clip-for-apple-airtag/

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

Thanks for all the responses. Just watched a YouTube video on the medallion. Nice little piece of technology there. I like how you can order food on it and have it delivered. The lazy person in me approves 🙂

The Medallion application on your phone is how you order food for delivery, not the medallion itself. The Medallion gets you in your cabin door and I.D.'s you when purchasing food,  drinks,merchandise,

boarding and leaving the ship. No ordering anything for delivery with the medallion, need your phone for that with the application.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

No ordering anything for delivery with the medallion, need your phone for that with the application.

Or, if you are in your room, you can order from the TV. It worked quite well for us and the service was quick.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

The Medallion application on your phone is how you order food for delivery, not the medallion itself. The Medallion gets you in your cabin door and I.D.'s you when purchasing food,  drinks,merchandise,

boarding and leaving the ship. No ordering anything for delivery with the medallion, need your phone for that with the application.

That's very true but if your sitting at the pool when you order, without a medallion, they'll never find you.

• Thanks 1