Entertainment Reservations

13 minutes ago, LeeW said:

If you can connect to the ship wifi in the terminal it is sometimes possible.

Thank you.  I can’t remember if someone has already told me but do I book the reservations in the app or do you sometimes have to go to a special desk?

Slightly different question - Reservations before the shut down weren’t needed for anything but the ice show. But the three cruises we have had since restart all required everyone (suites, D+ and Pins included) to have reservations for all shows. Anyone have any clue as to when they will change back to the normal way of doing things? Getting reservations for basic headliner shows just adds more stress to embarkation day that would be nice to avoid as we did in the past. 

We have friends on a B2B on Liberty now and he says he hasn’t needed reservations for the shows - can anyone confirm that is the case fleet wide now or not?

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

Slightly different question - Reservations before the shut down weren’t needed for anything but the ice show. But the three cruises we have had since restart all required everyone (suites, D+ and Pins included) to have reservations for all shows. Anyone have any clue as to when they will change back to the normal way of doing things? Getting reservations for basic headliner shows just adds more stress to embarkation day that would be nice to avoid as we did in the past. 

We have friends on a B2B on Liberty now and he says he hasn’t needed reservations for the shows - can anyone confirm that is the case fleet wide now or not?

We're just off the Quantum and the only show that could be booked/had to be booked was the show in 270. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  I can’t remember if someone has already told me but do I book the reservations in the app or do you sometimes have to go to a special desk?

Either  method will work. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

That has been true most of the time in the whole fleet for some time now - like pre COVID , now that the ships are fairly full you are taking a chance that the show is sold out with reservations and you can’t get it once they open for everyone-  very little chance of that. You don’t need reservations, but the seats you get going in at the last minute may be limited. 

Biker, who expects folks to chime in with their exception. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That has been true most of the time in the whole fleet for some time now - like pre COVID , now that the ships are fairly full you are taking a chance that the show is sold out with reservations and you can’t get it once they open for everyone-  very little chance of that. You don’t need reservations, but the seats you get going in at the last minute may be limited. 

Biker, who expects folks to chime in with their exception. 

Before the shut down there were reserved areas for D+ /pins/ suites, and thus we did not need reservations (I should have been more clear that it was the D+ /pins/ suites categories that I needed info on). Since the re-restart, even cruisers in these categories were required to have reservations (and even the concierges were not making reservations the week prior as they had before). That was still the case in April. I was hoping that had changed at this point to the original way of doing things - I am the planner in the family, so anything off my plate on day 1 is a good thing 🙂

Edited by AlohaLivin