Best Specialty Restaurant on Escape?

Jj343434jj

My wife and I are going on the Escape in December. With the current promo, we get one specialty restaurant. We are leaning towards the steakhouse but wanted to get other peoples opinions as we have never done a specialty restaurant on a cruise, even though we’ve been on so many.

16 minutes ago, Jj343434jj said:

My wife and I are going on the Escape in December. With the current promo, we get one specialty restaurant. We are leaning towards the steakhouse but wanted to get other peoples opinions as we have never done a specialty restaurant on a cruise, even though we’ve been on so many.

Le Bistro - French Food

Bayamos by Ocean Blue - Sea Food. 

We, personally, don't like the Cagney's steak house because of service and food issues which seem to be common ships across the NCL fleet (we cruise multiple times a year). 

You can find example menus from most restaurants on the link below. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Pincho Tapas and Food Republic, IMO, which aren't really traditional service. Pincho is unique to this ship, so don't miss it! 

I would've said Bayamo-hands down-years ago, but it's now very different than it was, so can't comment.

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We, personally, don't like the Cagney's steak house because of service and food issues which seem to be common ships across the NCL fleet (we cruise multiple times a year). 

We too cruise multiple times on NCL and find Cagney's to be the best restaurant for food and service. Never had a bad meal or had bad service.

Having said that we have never really had a bad meal in any specialty restaurants...yes...I have had meals I didn't't really like but that was just my opinion of the actual meal.

big fan of moderno. salad bar rocks!

not a fan of cagney's, for the reasons others have mentioned... food and service issues. that was on the bliss.

on a recent cruise on the gem, i found the exact opposite to be true... moderno was less than stellar... food and service were off, whereas cagney's knocked it out of the park.

it's very much ship and staff-dependent.

you pays your money; you takes your chances.