ROOM SERVICE QUESTION FOR RECENT CRUISERS

Hello Everyone ~ for those who have recently cruised, is there a service charge for room service?  I believe the continental breakfast is still no charge, but I've seen the newer menu and it says "A little $, a lot of yummy" for some of the items but doesn't list any pricing for those items or whether or not there is a charge for the delivery.  Would appreciate any input as we are sailing in a few days.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The menus are close, but prices are a little higher now 

Correct.  I think we paid $8 for chicken tenders and a few dollars more than they are showing for wings, sweet potato fries and Philly cheesesteak.  I will say the food has always been served hot, and was really good for room service food.

• Like 1

Just off last week (4th cruise so far).  They no longer have the door tags you fill out and leave on your handle for breakfast, you have to order it directly

Until 10pm some things are free, others are an upcharge (but minimal in my opinion). Love the Sweet Potato Fries and Garlic Parm wings!

After 10pm all items are $.  PS they started doing this because for a brief period they had the same menu all the time, but people would order the free stuff and then not answer when they went to deliver because they fell asleep late, etc.  So they started adding a charge briefly for any orders after 10pm (free stuff or not), then this seemed to evolve into pay only items.  This way if the come at 2am and you have passed out drunk you still get charged for their efforts. 🤣

• Like 2

I like that Carnival still has free room service availability. RCI charges a flat rate of like $8 every time you order from room service. So, if you order breakfast and a snack later in the day and you do this everyday= $16x7days=$112 for a service that used to be free.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

Are the garlic parm wings breaded?

No, just deep fried crisp and tossed in garlic/butter/parmesan.  Come with little side of like blue cheese/ranch type dressing and a few carrot and celery sticks and the Sweet Potatoes Fries basket is HUGE!!!  Yummmmooooo!

Our MO is usually on one of our port days when we get back on and are tired/sweaty/wet exhausted we order room service for lunch.  Hubby jumps in shower first and gets cleaned up and throws on his lounge shorts and TShirt (just in case them come while I am in the shower - sometimes they are fast) and then I jump in the shower and get in my comfy clothes - and about that time lunch is served.

Two of us normal order is:

Sweet Potatoes Fries

Garlic Parm Wings

Caesar side salad

2 ham and cheese sandwiches with chips (the only way to get real normal potatoes chips on the whole ship - room service)

Chocolate Cake

It's like $10 plus we tip the server

Then unconscious asleep for 2 hours lol!🤪

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, sheriday1980 said:

Do you need cash to tip, or can you tip on your account when you order?

You have to sign the receipt and you can add the tip to that.  We always just hand them cash so it goes direct to their pocket, but either way is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we did the "Behind the Fun" tour years ago, they explained to us that the Room Service people are the newest crew onboard, and they do this as training before moving up to the dining room services.  So please give them a smile, thank you, and tip.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, mvaygibson said:

Is there a breakfast menu with cereals and muffins?

This is the door hanger menu from Carnival’s website.  As recent guests have noted, while you have to call in the order to room service, this should give you an idea of the items offered for breakfast.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-breakfast-menu.pdf

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:23 AM, wemjam said:

You have to sign the receipt and you can add the tip to that.  We always just hand them cash so it goes direct to their pocket, but either way is fine.

I always (or almost always, in the event I don't have cash with me) tip in cash.  I've asked the crew several times if they get the tips that are left for them on a receipt without the company taking a piece, and they all said the company does not take any.  That said, I still think its more gratifying getting the money in your pocket immediately rather than having to wait for the company to process it.  I still believe cash is King.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2022 at 6:33 AM, wemjam said:

Just off last week (4th cruise so far).  They no longer have the door tags you fill out and leave on your handle for breakfast, you have to order it directly

Since the door tags are gone do they at least have listed what you can order since you call it in? 

7 hours ago, cruisewithwife said:

Since the door tags are gone do they at least have listed what you can order since you call it in? 

Someone posted a link to it up above.

Neither of the ships I have been on had them in there (the Conquest or Sunshine) the last 4 times we cruised.  There was a sheet with QR codes to scan you could look at it.  We never order breakfast to the room so not sure, and we don't need to scan the menu because we always get the same exact thing lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Along these same lines, does CCL no longer offer just an anniversary/birthday cake to be delivered to your cabin?  NOT the decor and cake package - just the cake.  We did this pre-COVID, but I haven't seen it offered since the restart.  We really enjoyed those cakes! (Yes - I know we can get cake elsewhere, but it was nice to have it delivered to us, and they were better than the Lido cakes.)  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Along these same lines, does CCL no longer offer just an anniversary/birthday cake to be delivered to your cabin?  NOT the decor and cake package - just the cake.  We did this pre-COVID, but I haven't seen it offered since the restart.  We really enjoyed those cakes! (Yes - I know we can get cake elsewhere, but it was nice to have it delivered to us, and they were better than the Lido cakes.)  Happy cruising!

You can order anniversary/honeymoon/birthday/bon voyage/etc cakes delivered.

e.g.

https://www.carnival.com/in-room-food-beverages/cakes/bon-voyage-cake--six-inch-6E1_6

22 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You can order anniversary/honeymoon/birthday/bon voyage/etc cakes delivered.

e.g.

https://www.carnival.com/in-room-food-beverages/cakes/bon-voyage-cake--six-inch-6E1_6

Thanks - I looked under this same section yesterday, since I've ordered them before, and found it nowwhere.  Oh well!