Booked our first Princess Cruise - have many questions

Muffinz

Sabatini's Italian, Crown Grill or other named specialty Steakhouse, Gelato, Sushi if there is a seafood/sushi bar, are extra.

Coffee and specialty coffee drinks at the Coffee Bar are extra.

Pizza by room service has a small delivery fee.

Alfredo's pizza/Italian is included if onboard, International Cafe, Most all food on the main pool deck, all the 'dining rooms', area ll included.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Yowman said:

I see some posters mention surge-protected power bars in this thread.  Are these not allowed by Princess?  Are regular extension cords allowed?  I will be on Enchanted Princess next year and I use a CPAP machine.  Will I need an extension cord to power the machine in a mini suite?

I would bring my own extension cord as there is a limited number available from the steward.  Also, in the cruise personalizer under the Check In button at the top, you should be able to see a link for Dietary Requests.  You can request distilled water at no charge and the steward should have it in place in your Cabin when you arrive.  If you forget to pre-order the distilled water, just ask your steward and it will be brought to your cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We keep a 15 ft cord in one of our two CPAP bags in order to plug our two units into it.  Have not found a brand new build that has outlets on both sides of the bed and that includes recent sailings on the Celebrity Apex, Carnival Mardi Gras and Discovery Princess.  Hopefully the NCL Prima will have them.  

5 hours ago, Yowman said:

I see some posters mention surge-protected power bars in this thread.  Are these not allowed by Princess?  Are regular extension cords allowed?  I will be on Enchanted Princess next year and I use a CPAP machine.  Will I need an extension cord to power the machine in a mini suite?

These comments are not specific to Enchanted Princess. Also different cabins may have different plugs.

I have found more European 220v outlets than US 110v outlets. There may be a European 220v outlet behind the table next to the bed for a bed lamp. Is your CPAP dual voltage? If so, you just need an adapter to plug it in. I use a dual outlet adapter that has one European outlet and one US outlet. I unplug the lamp, plug in the adapter, plug the lamp back in to the adapter, and plug my CPAP in to the adapter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

These comments are not specific to Enchanted Princess. Also different cabins may have different plugs.

I have found more European 220v outlets than US 110v outlets. There may be a European 220v outlet behind the table next to the bed for a bed lamp. Is your CPAP dual voltage? If so, you just need an adapter to plug it in. I use a dual outlet adapter that has one European outlet and one US outlet. I unplug the lamp, plug in the adapter, plug the lamp back in to the adapter, and plug my CPAP in to the adapter.

Yes it's dual voltage (as are all the devices I will use on board).  I will bring some European to US adapters so that I can use the European style outlets too.

You will love the Majestic, she is a beautiful ship. We enjoyed the Conservatory in the front of the ship. It is a peaceful place with windows all around. There are laundry facilities on each passenger deck. What type of a stateroom did you book? 

• Like 1

Another cruise question from a first time Princess cruiser:

I've opted for the Plus package and I'm wondering if there are any gratuities that are added to drinks (assuming they're $12 or under in cost).

4 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Another cruise question from a first time Princess cruiser:

I've opted for the Plus package and I'm wondering if there are any gratuities that are added to drinks (assuming they're $12 or under in cost).

Gratuities for drinks are included in the Plus package, so no, you do not need to pay anything extra.

Some people like to give additional gratuities, so this often becomes a common discussion on Cruise Critic.....

Edited by dreaminofcruisin
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cali Viajera said:

You will love the Majestic, she is a beautiful ship. We enjoyed the Conservatory in the front of the ship. It is a peaceful place with windows all around. There are laundry facilities on each passenger deck. What type of a stateroom did you book? 

Thanks- we’ve booked an ‘obstructed balcony’ stateroom on deck 8 emerald deck. According to the confirmation that came through yesterday afternoon it’s an ‘angled’ balcony? I’ll google the room later as someone may have put a review of it on this site 

as for the drinks ill I’ll have to check that because I was under the assumption the package covered coffees like cappuccino/ flat white...etc

if I downloaded the app on my phone and my whisper does the same on her phone (both iPhones) will they ‘sync’ with each other?

12 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

as for the drinks ill I’ll have to check that because I was under the assumption the package covered coffees like cappuccino/ flat white...etc

If you booked with Princess Plus then all of the snazzy coffee drinks are included. I usually start the day with a Vanilla Latte and sometimes add a shot of Jameson. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Muffinz said:
7 hours ago, Cali Viajera said:

Thanks- we’ve booked an ‘obstructed balcony’ stateroom on deck 8 emerald deck.

We recently stayed in cabin E420, which Princess calls an obstructed balcony. It is slightly angled making it a little bigger than the regular balconies. It is not really obstructed, as there is a very large gap between the lifeboats on each side, so you can see everything in front of you, but your sight line is slightly reduced when looking right or left because of the lifeboats. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:01 AM, Yowman said:

There's a 220 outlet behind the bed.

DH uses a CPAP and uses this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janroatan said:

Does the coffee cafe have access to alchol? Love a shot of Baileys in my cappachino 😎 

Yes. It’s right beside Good Spirits and whenever there was something they didn’t have at International Cafe, they would scoot over there. I only ordered orange juice and water but I’m sure if you wanted a shot they can get it for you 

8 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

Yes. It’s right beside Good Spirits and whenever there was something they didn’t have at International Cafe, they would scoot over there. I only ordered orange juice and water but I’m sure if you wanted a shot they can get it for you 

I don't ask the baristas to add the liquor. I just take the coffee a few steps over to the bar and have them add it. That helps to avoid slowing down the line of people getting coffee. If you like you can ask them to leave a little extra room in the cup for your added libation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't ask the baristas to add the liquor. I just take the coffee a few steps over to the bar and have them add it. That helps to avoid slowing down the line of people getting coffee. If you like you can ask them to leave a little extra room in the cup for your added libation.

That’s a very good idea 

On Royal class ships you can also get snazzy coffee at the Princess Live Cafe. It's a bar that also has coffee machines and is right outside of Princess Live. There you obviously order the coffee and the added liquor at the same time.

• Like 2

thanks for the replies... we still have adaptors (USA to NZ and Euro to NZ) from our cruise 2 years ago so that's all good we can use them

if there are power and or USB outlets by the bed that will be very handy as on Celebrity they were by the desk from memory.

one more question - what time are the shows in the theatre? 

just want to know so we can book / reserve a dining time that will fit in with the shows

26 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

thanks for the replies... we still have adaptors (USA to NZ and Euro to NZ) from our cruise 2 years ago so that's all good we can use them

if there are power and or USB outlets by the bed that will be very handy as on Celebrity they were by the desk from memory.

one more question - what time are the shows in the theatre? 

just want to know so we can book / reserve a dining time that will fit in with the shows

Shows are normally 20:00 and 22:00. However,  most of the shows are just a single entertainer - you don't need to book a dining time. 

Wait until you are on board, see what is happening and then decide.  And you can turn up and eat without a reservation. 

A holiday is about spontaneity- why book months in advance for dinner just because some bloke is singing  yet another sing from "Cats" to a pre-recorded tape ?

58 minutes ago, Billish said:

Shows are normally 20:00 and 22:00. However,  most of the shows are just a single entertainer - you don't need to book a dining time. 

Wait until you are on board, see what is happening and then decide.  And you can turn up and eat without a reservation. 

A holiday is about spontaneity- why book months in advance for dinner just because some bloke is singing  yet another sing from "Cats" to a pre-recorded tape ?

ok thanks for that... so it's probably fine to have dinner at say 7:30pm and make the 10pm show?

we won't be making any reservations until closer to the time, but we'd probably like the same table / waiters each night

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

ok thanks for that... so it's probably fine to have dinner at say 7:30pm and make the 10pm show?

we won't be making any reservations until closer to the time, but we'd probably like the same table / waiters each night

I like to give us 2 hours for dinner. I think you have a good plan.