Missed Port Marseille

bee-ess

23 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

I had an email from P&O this morning advising that the Chateauneuf du Pape & Avignon excursion that we had booked for our September cruise on Britannia was no longer available!  A check of the itinerary revealed that Marseille has disappeared and has been replaced by Toulon!  Disappointed but still looking forward to being back at sea.

This is where P&O's communication is so rubbish. They should have sent you an email advising that Marseille has been replaced with Toulon and that you will of course receive a refund for your cancelled excursion....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

I had an email from P&O this morning advising that the Chateauneuf du Pape & Avignon excursion that we had booked for our September cruise on Britannia was no longer available!  A check of the itinerary revealed that Marseille has disappeared and has been replaced by Toulon!  Disappointed but still looking forward to being back at sea.

Snap !

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

This is where P&O's communication is so rubbish. They should have sent you an email advising that Marseille has been replaced with Toulon and that you will of course receive a refund for your cancelled excursion....

Agree, they should have notified change of port.  If we had not booked the excursion we would not have known about the change.   The email confirmed that a refund for the excursion is being processed.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Agree, they should have notified change of port.  If we had not booked the excursion we would not have known about the change.   The email confirmed that a refund for the excursion is being processed.

We go on the 4th Sept and we were notified by P&O of the change by email last Friday. Most posters have said that Toulon is nicer than Marseille and it probably is but we wanted to go to Marseille because we haven't been there and also because we wanted the excursion. Hopefully they will make some Toulon excursions available soon.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

We go on the 4th Sept and we were notified by P&O of the change by email last Friday. Most posters have said that Toulon is nicer than Marseille and it probably is but we wanted to go to Marseille because we haven't been there and also because we wanted the excursion. Hopefully they will make some Toulon excursions available soon.

I did have an email from P&O last Friday but it was all about dining on Britannia!  No mention of port change that I can see.  

Like you, we really wanted to do that particular excursion which is why we booked it early. Oh well, we will see what pops up for Toulon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astrajet said:

I did have an email from P&O last Friday but it was all about dining on Britannia!  No mention of port change that I can see.  

Like you, we really wanted to do that particular excursion which is why we booked it early. Oh well, we will see what pops up for Toulon.

Did you book direct or via T/A. If the latter, it's them that our email came from. So anyone who hasn't been informed maybe it's their T/A who hasn't passed the message on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, emam said:

Did you book direct or via T/A. If the latter, it's them that our email came from. So anyone who hasn't been informed maybe it's their T/A who hasn't passed the message on.

Indeed - that got me thinking so I checked my emails. Good News (extra obc and easing of testing procedures) came direct from P&O but not so good news (original testing procedures, change of itinerary) came via the TA. Seems P&O like giving good news but get TA's to pass on bad...🤔

• Like 3

9 hours ago, emam said:

I did book through a TA - odd how you get some emails for a specific cruise from TA and some direct from P&O!

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Seems P&O like giving good news but get TA's to pass on bad...🤔

This could be the answer!

25 minutes ago, Camberley said:

We could only book for Toulon once onboard. Now I am not sure how good Marseille would have been, but Toulon was stunning. And for me a key highlight of this cruise so far.

Thank you - that is very encouraging to hear. Now looking forward to Toulon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Indeed - that got me thinking so I checked my emails. Good News (extra obc and easing of testing procedures) came direct from P&O but not so good news (original testing procedures, change of itinerary) came via the TA. Seems P&O like giving good news but get TA's to pass on bad...🤔

Was the extra OBC because of the itinerary change, and if so have they replaced a stop with another, or are you now a port short?

17 hours ago, Britboys said:

We didn't have an excursion booked, but got the email. Itinerary change. Open up the attachment....what's changed......oh ! We are going to Toulon, not Marseilles. It would have been easier to look on here.........I wonder why...oh!, Operational reasons. At least they had a good reason.🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Was the extra OBC because of the itinerary change, and if so have they replaced a stop with another, or are you now a port short?

No extra OBC on the October cruise.....see previous posts.....still well hacked off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Astrajet said:

The Toulon excursions are there now for 4th Sept cruise, but only 5 to choose from, might just stay in Toulon.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

The Toulon excursions are there now for 4th Sept cruise, but only 5 to choose from, might just stay in Toulon.

Nothing there for our October cruise yet. If no decent excursions, then a trip to the beach on the mini-train. Yippee!. At least there is an umbrella in the cabin....whoops, that's celebrity.

2 hours ago, Trevor Fountain said:

It was "a heartfelt welcome back on board"...😂.  Quite a lot of us got this. We decided it was a sweetener to deter people from postponing cruises this summer...

• Thanks 1

I’ve just been browsing the P&O site and in September there’s a couple of med cruises on Britannia. If you look at the itinerary map it shows Marseilles. If you click on the detail for each port it shows Toulon!

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just been browsing the P&O site and in September there’s a couple of med cruises on Britannia. If you look at the itinerary map it shows Marseilles. If you click on the detail for each port it shows Toulon!

The itinerary map for my forthcoming cruise still shows Venice and that was changed months ago... P&O shoreside/IT at their best...😂

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Nothing there for our October cruise yet. If no decent excursions, then a trip to the beach on the mini-train. Yippee!. At least there is an umbrella in the cabin....whoops, that's celebrity.

Are you sure zap? I have them showing, and booked one.

23 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

They were dishing out OBC for October. Before final payment day somebody on here asked Southampton. Oh no not Britannia. The day after, guess what. £660 for new bookings. I sent an email to his Lordship, answered by his executive team. After exhaustive investigation we can confirm this offer does not apply to your cruise, but have a great time on Iona. I pointed out that their exhaustive enquiries missed that I was actually on Britannia.Yes I am sure.

Edited by zap99

41 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I was looking at your posts on the other OBC thread from early July and must admit, I'm a little confused. No change there then🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

I was looking at your posts on the other OBC thread from early July and must admit, I'm a little confused. No change there then🤣

I believe he meant that the tours for Toulon are on cp.

20 minutes ago, emam said:

I believe he meant that the tours for Toulon are on cp.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I looked at CP on Sunday and no trips were.......just had another look. There they all are.🤣.Look quite reasonable. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. That direction probably being St trop, or Casis, although Castellet looks interesting. I think the mini-train may miss out this time.🤔