Overall Country/Port Forum About Testing Requirements...

Bo1953

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Listen to the first part of this -  in the RCL conference call it appears they are strongly looking into modifying the Vax requirement.   For some reason her voices is like scratching nails on a blackboard to me but she has some good information.

Agreed on both points, great information, but a little stressful to listen to.

I also think the bigger news is the intention to move to allowing un-proctored tests, as that does remove so much of the stress around timing, location, wifi etc.

Shifting it to self-declaration as we were used to historically for other ailments is a very positive move.

Okay, for arguments sake and interpretation, below is the 'Official' response from X today:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. 

For your inquiry about the protocols for the test in Barcelona is the following information:
For Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

You can advise your friend she must be tested 1 day prior to the sailing date.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you everyone for your input and we shall see how solid this is through boarding day...

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

j_i: the countries we will be porting in are Barcelona, France and Italy...

From my reading of the current protocols, all of these countries no longer require testing to enter, as of today that is... LOL

Thank you again and bon voyage

We were just on a 21 day Regal Princess cruise (July 2-23) RT out of Barcelona and the word was you did not have to show a negative test to land at the airport in Barcelona. However, prior to picking up our bags, we did have to show our CDC vaccination information to their Customs folks before we were allowed to proceed, similar to what the US Customs require of non-US citizens flying into the US. Funny how that works.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what would have happened if we weren't fully vaccinated. Since your cruise isn't until Sep 2023, things might change by then. But you just may want to keep tabs on that one.

One interesting side note: When we boarded our initial Delta leg in our home airport in Alabama, they asked to see our CDC cards at check-in as well as our negative antigen tests. Don't ask me why, but we were sure glad we had them (for our cruise) as there was no forewarning that having them was a requirement to fly to Spain with our only layover in Atlanta for a couple of hours.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were just on a 21 day Regal Princess cruise (July 2-23) RT out of Barcelona and the word was you did not have to show a negative test to land at the airport in Barcelona. However, prior to picking up our bags, we did have to show our CDC vaccination information to their Customs folks before we were allowed to proceed, similar to what the US Customs require of non-US citizens flying into the US. Funny how that works.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what would have happened if we weren't fully vaccinated. Since your cruise isn't until Sep 2023, things might change by then. But you just may want to keep tabs on that one.

One interesting side note: When we boarded our initial Delta leg in our home airport in Alabama, they asked to see our CDC cards at check-in as well as our negative antigen tests. Don't ask me why, but we were sure glad we had them (for our cruise) as there was no forewarning that having them was a requirement to fly to Spain with our only layover in Atlanta for a couple of hours.

Per the US Embassy in Spain:

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Per the US Embassy in Spain:

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

In health and bon voyage

Sounds like our little airport was covering all of the bases! 😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sounds like our little airport was covering all of the bases! 😂😂

OR when the requirements changed, they were not aware of the updates, possibly? LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Okay, for arguments sake and interpretation, below is the 'Official' response from X today:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. 

For your inquiry about the protocols for the test in Barcelona is the following information:
For Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

You can advise your friend she must be tested 1 day prior to the sailing date.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you everyone for your input and we shall see how solid this is through boarding day...

bon voyage

They cut and pasted that language verbatim from the website.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/barcelona-spain-travel-requirements

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, RichYak said:

They cut and pasted that language verbatim from the website.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/barcelona-spain-travel-requirements

Which is fine by me, as my email to them was specific enough about the situation.... no detail was left out about the pending passenger.

I wanted clarification and they confirmed what I had hoped they would.

In health and bon voyage

26 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Which is fine by me, as my email to them was specific enough about the situation.... no detail was left out about the pending passenger.

I wanted clarification and they confirmed what I had hoped they would.

In health and bon voyage

If you're happy, I'm happy!

• Thanks 1

This link is from a government website in UK but gives advice on travel to 226 countries and the Italy section states updated early July but still current.  Checking through this may give you an idea of requirements, I looked at Italy and it seems it will let in unvaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

Edited by emmas gran
add
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

What wonderful news to read with my first cup of coffee.    I guess the cruise is on??

Yes, for friends who were thinking of not going because of the one who is not vaccinated.

I did tell them that if things changed back, they could cancel without penalty before final payment AND they needed to get travel insurance within 10 days after making the deposit for some further protection after final payment date if things changed again...

Thank you and everyone else for your input and direction, much appreciated!!!

In health and bon voyage