Sky Class on Harmony -- do we need reservations for shows?

I've seen mixed answers on whether they are still offering preferred seating for those in Grand Suites and higher at many of the shows? Some have said show up 20 min before, some 45 min, some say they no longer offer this perk and everyone needs to make an advanced reservation. Sailing in a couple of weeks and trying to get stuff organized for our group.

Suite concierge will email you probably the Monday prior to your sailing.  Make requests of them.  They’ll let you know what can be reserved in advance & what you may have to wait til boarding to book.

• Like 1

Was reading other threads where no one was able to even see the show times for their cruise until at least at the port if not on the ship. As a suite passenger, are we able to make show reservations in advance (or back to original question of do we need to)? How would we even know which show is offered when 5 days in advance when concierge emails? Have never done suites on RCCL  -- definitely very confused over the perks they advertise.

Was in a GS on Harmony 5/29. The suite concierges will e-mail you a show schedule but you don’t need reservations except for the comedy club. Make those in advance via e-mail.

That said, the show schedules are subject to change (ours did, including the headliner), so while you can plan ahead, be prepared to check the app on day one & adjust if needed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sherylc said:

How would we even know which show is offered when 5 days in advance when concierge emails?

On most ships/itineraries the schedule doesn’t change much so you can look up the shows on current itinerary in the app and sorta assume it will be the similar on yours. 

Biker, who is waiting for @Ocean Boy to weigh in. 

Edited by Biker19

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On most ships/itineraries the schedule doesn’t change much so you can look up the shows on current itinerary in the app and sorta assume it will be the similar on yours. 

Biker, who is waiting for @Ocean Boy to weigh in. 

No need. You are obviously not going to change your tune.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No need. You are obviously not going to change your tune.

I think it’s a better and more correct answer than a blanket “don’t bother ever looking at any current schedule because it will never be the same on your sailing”. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I think it’s a better and more correct answer than a blanket “don’t bother ever looking at any current schedule because it will never be the same on your sailing”. 

Never said that. More like you can put the effort in but don't be disappointed, or surprised, when you don't find what you expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently on Harmony with extended family staying in a GS & 2 bdrm GS we had early access and reserved seating for the Aqua Theater show...that was the only one that was important to us. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Was in a GS on Harmony 5/29. The suite concierges will e-mail you a show schedule but you don’t need reservations except for the comedy club. Make those in advance via e-mail.

That said, the show schedules are subject to change (ours did, including the headliner), so while you can plan ahead, be prepared to check the app on day one & adjust if needed.

Comedy club reservations -- sailing in a GS -- you mentioned making reservations for the Comedy Club via email.  Is that an email to the Concierge?  

41 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Comedy club reservations -- sailing in a GS -- you mentioned making reservations for the Comedy Club via email.  Is that an email to the Concierge?  

They will email you prior to the cruise. Usually one week before you'll get an email introducing themselves .

You can make a request then or just go to the concierge in person when you board. We have never had an issue just going to concierge to book comedy club.

FWIW- we did 3 Allure cruises this past Feb-May . Same  itinerary, but with different groups of people. The only show that had any change in times between the 3 cruises  was Aquatheater and that was due to weather, an injured performer and more weather. I'm not saying that they don't change; it just has not been our recent experience.

For  the reserved seats in theater, they release them 10 minutes before the show including Sky suite seats. 

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Just recently on Harmony with extended family staying in a GS & 2 bdrm GS we had early access and reserved seating for the Aqua Theater show...that was the only one that was important to us. 

Did you need to make reservations or just show up for the early access/reserved area?  

Now 3 days before my cruise and no show schedules. Suite concierge is working on dinner reservations for us but silent on my requests for show schedule.

I think the answers vary because currently it seems to vary by ship.

We had a S2S in mid-late April where reservations were needed for all suites . The concierge on Allure was not willing to make them ahead of time, but while the symphony concierge was willing (Nadja is fabulous) the scheduled time/date for a few shows were different by the time we boarded (which apparently  is why the concierges are hesitant to book for people ahead right now).

We will be onboard Explorer for a b2b very soon and the suites concierge has indicated that reservations will be needed for all shows.

Edited by AlohaLivin

47 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Did you need to make reservations or just show up for the early access/reserved area?  

Now 3 days before my cruise and no show schedules. Suite concierge is working on dinner reservations for us but silent on my requests for show schedule.

No reservations...just show up early to get the seats you want in the roped off area as they open that about 15min before the aqua show starts for anyone to use.

• Like 1