Phograhers

Bin man

Based on a previous thread, I think there are contracts with multiple providers across the fleet - at least one contract isn’t in operation as the firm went bust during COVID. Perhaps that’s Britannia?

Iona had photographers last week, during Celebration evening and at least one other night. Big queues for atrium pictures!

Interestingly Princess are including a photo package with their ‘Princess Premier’ top level booking option, along with gratuities, drinks, etc. They must feel it’s a selling point… and the queues on Iona seem to bear that out, at least to some level.

Personally, I don’t think I’d redeem that ‘perk’ - the one and only time we did it, the result was so terrible that my partner still threatens to put it on display to keep me in line. What possessed us to buy it, I don’t know…

Nowadays with phone cameras as they are and a good natural backdrop (so many options there!) and even simple editing software on the phone if wished, you can easily take excellent photos for free. Just as impressive as what former photographers have done.  And there are always folk who will take a photo of you as a couple/group etc....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Nowadays with phone cameras as they are and a good natural backdrop (so many options there!) and even simple editing software on the phone if wished, you can easily take excellent photos for free. Just as impressive as what former photographers have done.  And there are always folk who will take a photo of you as a couple/group etc....

Yes, I suspect that now most people have smartphones P&O may have decided that ships' photographers no longer pay their way.

I hope they have got rid of those ones at the Terminal where your expected to stand in a queue for them to ask you if you want a photo taken with your head through a hole in picture of ship like you get at the seaside.?

Being Disabled and having Camera equipment as good as there's i once cut between the lanes and one of them shouted i was not allowed to cut through Security but went quiet when i reminded them it had Nothing to do with Security  and offered to take there photo FOC.😅

On 8/4/2022 at 9:22 AM, jh1809 said:

P&O may have decided that ships' photographers no longer pay their way.

P&O would not be bothered one way or the other as the on board photographers are outsourced so I suspect that they pay P&O for the privilege.

I was once told, and I don't know how true it is, that the photographers are paid on the number of their photographs that are sold so it may be more of a question as to whether anybody actually wants to do the job.

Pre Covid the photographers on P&O were recruited by an Australian company.

I suppose they get a good turnover of staff. On our last TA crossing the captain did 

a PA announcement thanking some of the staff who would be leaving once back in

Southampton. A young lady photographer who lived not to many miles away from me ,

she was from Worksop .She was telling us she had only been into photography about 

two years ,fancied a year away from Uni ,but was ready for going back after a break

back home. She got the job via some ad in a photography mag but had had enough .