Best beach with wifi and food options on the beach itself ?

Thechamp555

3 hours ago, Thechamp555 said:

Hi,

we will be in St-Lucia for a day or a cruise .

I'm looking for a nice beach not too far from the pier and where wifi and restaurants are available close by...

Your suggestions ?

Thank you

Thechamp555

The beach restaurant one can recommend is The Naked fisherman, it has free WiFI for guests only.

20 minutes from the pier.  Book your lunch/day in advance as it’s a boutique style on a small beach away from T’erds.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

On 7/31/2022 at 1:56 PM, Thechamp555 said:

Hi,

we will be in St-Lucia for a day or a cruise .

I'm looking for a nice beach not too far from the pier and where wifi and restaurants are available close by...

Your suggestions ?

Thank you

Thechamp555

Vigie is the only one near port. 6-8 minutes can ride, 30 minutes walk. 

Small boardwalk with local restaurants and drinks, chairs, natural shade, WiFi access, clean bathrooms.

Otherwise - Reduit in Rodney Bay, 30 minutes north, WiFi at Spinnaker's.

Naked Fisherman is much more like 35-40 minutes away due to traffic, particularly when a ship, or ships, are in port. One way there an back.  Beautiful upscale cove beach restaurant and setting.. great food. 

Safe travels 

7 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Small boardwalk with local restaurants and drinks, chairs, natural shade, WiFi access, clean bathrooms.

Naked Fisherman is much more like 35-40 minutes away due to traffic, particularly when a ship, or ships, are in port. One way there an back.  Beautiful upscale cove beach restaurant and setting.. great food. 

Safe travels 

Thank you for the traffic update.  Possible an extra 15 minutes?  So worth it!

36 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Anyone know what a cab costs to Naked Fisherman?

Work on $35 plus tip each way…. But the Princess ( @reedprincess )will be able to confirm the exact current rate.

Also, think UBER now operates in St Lucia, but have never used them.

As a comparison, a shared minibus taxi to the Rex beach is about $10/12 pp each way, for a far inferior dining, drinks and beach experience.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Reedprincess

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Work on $35 plus tip each way…. But the Princess ( @reedprincess )will be able to confirm the exact current rate.

Also, think UBER now operates in St Lucia, but have never used them.

As a comparison, a shared minibus taxi to the Rex beach is about $10/12 pp each way, for a far inferior dining, drinks and beach experience.

There is no Uber (or Lyft) in St Lucia.

We have a home grown ride share app option called Allez, works mainly in the north.. 

Taxi to Naked Fisherman is $35usd one way from port(s) for up to 3 persons (not pp). Reduit Beach (Rodney Bay) is $30usd for up to 3 persons... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

There is no Uber (or Lyft) in St Lucia.

We have a home grown ride share app option called Allez, works mainly in the north.. 

Taxi to Naked Fisherman is $35usd one way from port(s) for up to 3 persons (not pp). Reduit Beach (Rodney Bay) is $30usd for up to 3 persons... 

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, carbon said:

You can walk to vigie?

Yes. Google maps can give you the route. Basically,  hang a left out if either cruise terminal towards the airport,  once at the airport febce, hang a right, go around the end of the airport and back down the other side to the boardwalk. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2022 at 3:06 AM, AmyinVail said:

$144 per person?

The  post triggered a search….. https://capmaisonvillas.com/blog/day-pass-cap-maison

Go for it….. Great value… Booking for next November, it’s the  same fare and drinks etc., but a lower total price

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The  post triggered a search….. https://capmaisonvillas.com/blog/day-pass-cap-maison

Go for it….. Great value… Booking for next November, it’s the  same fare and drinks etc., but a lower total price.

**what's the lower price? $144usd would be accurate for the website price once you add the 10% VAT and service charge. 

Port Royal - you'll note that the website you've posted is dated 2017. There have been a LOT of changes since then, including pricing, for everything.

Definitely contact the resort directly, I'd be quite surprised if a day pass were still the same price nowadays, or even available.

Let us know! 

2 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Port Royal - you'll note that the website you've posted is dated 2017. There have been a LOT of changes since then, including pricing, for everything.

Definitely contact the resort directly, I'd be quite surprised if a day pass were still the same price nowadays, or even available.

Let us know! 

Sorry, didn’t notice t(e date only the blurb, but should have stated at a lower price each than usual spend.

Sent them a Face Message to ask the question.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 8:35 PM, reedprincess said:

Safe travels 

@reedprincess We will be back in St. Lucia at the beginning of March and we have one of those weird port times -- not getting in until 1:00.

You gave us great advice last time we visited when we wanted to rent a catamaran for the day (thanks!). A couple of questions about Vigie Beach -- will we be able to find a cab there for the trip back to the port? I know we can walk, but I'm post-foot surgery (I do not recommend breaking five bones in your foot) and I'm not sure if I want to walk that far.

How late will the restaurants/bars be open?

7 hours ago, brookie848 said:

@reedprincess We will be back in St. Lucia at the beginning of March and we have one of those weird port times -- not getting in until 1:00.

You gave us great advice last time we visited when we wanted to rent a catamaran for the day (thanks!). A couple of questions about Vigie Beach -- will we be able to find a cab there for the trip back to the port? I know we can walk, but I'm post-foot surgery (I do not recommend breaking five bones in your foot) and I'm not sure if I want to walk that far.

How late will the restaurants/bars be open?

Glad I was if help before, that's reassuring!

Yes, taxis will 100% be available for your return to orot, regardless of time.

The boardwalk is straight across from the airport - taxis wait at the boardwalk for airport or port rides. And most likely, whomever drives you over to the beach will ask what time you want to return, and wait for you.. so be prepared for that also...

Enjoy. 

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Glad I was if help before, that's reassuring!

Yes, taxis will 100% be available for your return to orot, regardless of time.

The boardwalk is straight across from the airport - taxis wait at the boardwalk for airport or port rides. And most likely, whomever drives you over to the beach will ask what time you want to return, and wait for you.. so be prepared for that also...

Enjoy. 

Thanks! And we have no issue if our driver wants to return for us.

We're looking forward to our visit!

On 8/3/2022 at 8:35 PM, reedprincess said:

Safe travels 

On 7/31/2022 at 5:56 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

The beach restaurant one can recommend is The Naked fisherman, it has free WiFI for guests only.

20 minutes from the pier.  Book your lunch/day in advance as it’s a boutique style on a small beach away from T’erds.

So I waited to long and now the naked fisherman is showing no bookings for my date (Feb 24). What’s the chances my party of 6 can still get a table? Where else would you recommend? We want a beach with great snorkeling and a nice restaurant. Sugar beach seems to far. We are in port 1-8pm. Are there any great restaurants near the port? If we decided to go to the beach and head back for dinner?

4 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

So I waited to long and now the naked fisherman is showing no bookings for my date (Feb 24). What’s the chances my party of 6 can still get a table? Where else would you recommend? We want a beach with great snorkeling and a nice restaurant. Sugar beach seems to far. We are in port 1-8pm. Are there any great restaurants near the port? If we decided to go to the beach and head back for dinner?

Call and ask the Naked Fisherman... better than the website, etc..

Coal Pot is near the port, outstanding. And they do dinner... Pink Plantation is nearby, but they are lunch, not dinner...

There's minimal snorkeling up north.. around the beach by Naked Fisherman, small reefs around Pigeon Island (closes at 4 or 5, so only a few hours available there), sunset is at 5:45 or so, BTW, so you won't have much time anyways for beach and such .

Dinner in Rodney Bay is always an option also, sunset, cocktails and dinner at Spinnakers is always excellent..

Enjoy. 

reedprincess, hello again. You gave me valuable advise on my previous visits to SL. We will be arriving by cruise on Sunday 12 Feb, and plan on heading to Naked Fisherman.  Pass is from 10 to 6p but we would like to be back on ship by 4:30p. being it is a Sunday can you give be tips on time to leave ship port and return for 4:30p. Thankx so Much for your help AGAIN! 

• 2 weeks later...

I see mixed reviews about Pigeon Beach...we are not hard-core beach people; instead, we'd like a pretty spot to sit in some shade for a couple of hours, read a book, have a snack, and have some amenities (restaurant, restrooms, maybe a shop, etc). Would Pigeon Beach be the best spot for this or some other beach? Thanks!

51 minutes ago, shopping is fun said:

I see mixed reviews about Pigeon Beach...we are not hard-core beach people; instead, we'd like a pretty spot to sit in some shade for a couple of hours, read a book, have a snack, and have some amenities (restaurant, restrooms, maybe a shop, etc). Would Pigeon Beach be the best spot for this or some other beach? Thanks!

@reedprincesswill be happy to assist with suggestions.

For one’s part, as the beach stop is only for a brief visit, then one suggests a quick cab ride (5 minutes or so) to Vigie Beach (has natural shade with a view), Then an easy return to the town centre for some gentle retail therapy and a short walk back to the ship.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

7 hours ago, shopping is fun said:

Vigie Beach hits your marks. Except shops.

Otherwise, very scenic Bay, calm water, tons of natural shade, boardwalk with restaurants and drinks, restrooms, chairs available, etc.. $10 taxi ride or 30 or so minutes walk.

Pigeon Island itself is very scenic, the beaches inside the park are lovely, not a lot of natural shade on the beach itself, but around the edges, etc. You can tell those at the ticket counter you want a chair and they add it in for a few $$$. (It's a national park with entrance fee). Ruins, hikes, restaurants, restrooms, beach, etc all there 

There's the beach outside the park also, no natural shade, but chairs and umbrellas available. Couple local restaurants and bars. Not as scenic as inside the park but it's an option.