ArriveCAN help

ImperialLady

26 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We boarded in Seattle two weeks ago and I did fill out the trip information within 72 hours of boarding.  Very easy.  You do need to indicate Victoria as the Canadian port and the location is something like Ogden Pier 1 & 2.  There's a lot of other dropdowns that appear but having been there before I knew that was the right one.  We did show it to our steward and he said he just checked us off the list.  It's all electronic so other than being asked at check in if we had completed ArriveCan, we didn't have to show it to anyone else.

You do need to indicate Victoria as the Canadian port and the location is something like Ogden Pier 1 & 2.   thanks ...I would not have known that!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Priszm said:

it was easier than the stuff for united. I still can't figure out what they still need for us. 

What do you mean 'United' we are flying United to Ny and then home from Quebec. I have not seen any request to fill out any forms. There was of course the covid test before returning to US but that has been eliminated.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

What do you mean 'United' we are flying United to Ny and then home from Quebec. I have not seen any request to fill out any forms. There was of course the covid test before returning to US but that has been eliminated.

Passports have been added. For some reason it keeps showing this. 

Screenshot_20220801-122535_United Airlines.jpg

23 minutes ago, Priszm said:

Passports have been added. For some reason it keeps showing this. 

Screenshot_20220801-122535_United Airlines.jpg

Thanks, I have scoured our reservations and nothing jumps out as 'travel ready'. Obviously we need passports for Canada.

Imperial Lady:  My DH and I just got off an Alaska cruise out of Seattle at Pier 91.  Embarkation was very quick and easy as the ships are leaving at an earlier time. We quickly showed our ArriveCAN info and were ushered on.  We did notice that there were others that arrived with nothing filled out and had no idea what to do. Some of them knew nothing about ArriveCAN.  The embarkation crew had staff ready in a designated place to assist those passengers with completing their ArriveCAN work.  We were impressed!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

Imperial Lady:  My DH and I just got off an Alaska cruise out of Seattle at Pier 91.  Embarkation was very quick and easy as the ships are leaving at an earlier time. We quickly showed our ArriveCAN info and were ushered on.  We did notice that there were others that arrived with nothing filled out and had no idea what to do. Some of them knew nothing about ArriveCAN.  The embarkation crew had staff ready in a designated place to assist those passengers with completing their ArriveCAN work.  We were impressed!

thanks..we will have it filled out and have hard copies as well. 👍

• Like 2

I have done Arrive Can on line application 3 times now, twice for land border crossing and once for a cruise.  I think a lot of people, me included, try to over complicate it.  It is actually very brief and simple form to complete, and I’m not a computer wiz.  Just go step by step and if you get stuck there are instructions telling you what to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No one looked at the Arrive Can when we boarded in SF on the Ruby. No time during the cruise did anyone check although there was reminder in the Patter daily to do the Arrive Can if we hadn't. When we got off in Prince Rupert Island, no one asked to see it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

No one looked at the Arrive Can when we boarded in SF on the Ruby. No time during the cruise did anyone check although there was reminder in the Patter daily to do the Arrive Can if we hadn't. When we got off in Prince Rupert Island, no one asked to see it.

It’s electronically tied to your passport that was entered into the app.  They do not need to physically see it.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2022 at 10:29 PM, mom says said:

Within 72 hours of boarding

What does Within mean here?  Fill it out by 72 hours before?  Or, once you've reached 72 hours before  fill it out then?

I know this question is screwy.

So I leave Aug 15 - can I fill this form out now?

1 hour ago, metrodiva2 said:

What does Within mean here?  Fill it out by 72 hours before?  Or, once you've reached 72 hours before  fill it out then?

So I leave Aug 15 - can I fill this form out now?

You can create your account and provide traveler information (passports, vaccination status, etc.) now. Starting sometime on August 12 and prior to boarding on the 15th you can fill out the travel/arrival information and get a QR code. This assumes the cruise is taking you into Canada (e.g. from the USA) and you're not first flying or driving into the country to embark from a Canadian port.

Edited by bofh

5 hours ago, riffatsea said:

You can fill I t out now but you need to go back to it within 72 hrs of boarding your ship

At that point you fill in a bit more info about your embar I action and first port in Canada and you submit the form

Is that within 72 hours before boarding the ship of within 72 hours after boarding the ship (but before the ship reaches Canada)?

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Is that within 72 hours before boarding the ship of within 72 hours after boarding the ship (but before the ship reaches Canada)?

Before boarding the ship.

I find some of Canada's "within AND of" wording confusing.  I have also found conflicting information when flying into Canada - is it less than 72 hours before boarding your flight or is it 72 hours before arrival in Canada?  When taking a cruise into Canada it is pretty clear that it is boarding.  I believe they mean BEFORE boarding.

All travellers are required to:

complete ArriveCAN no more than 72 hours of initially boarding the cruise.

Taken from: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#boarding-excursions 

Edited by Jersey42
clarity

14 minutes ago, caribill said:

Is ArriveCan something that will be permanent or is it something temporary due to the pandemic?

Good question without a definitive answer.  Maybe some of the Canadians have better information, but here is an interview from about a month ago.  It claims the "temporary" ArriveCAN app may be here to stay.  Most of it is an opinion piece on why that is not a good idea. 

https://globalnews.ca/video/8976148/temporary-arrivecan-app-may-be-here-to-stay

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, caribill said:

Is ArriveCan something that will be permanent or is it something temporary due to the pandemic?

It was suppose to be only temporary.

Recently Toronto and Vancouver airports have added customs declarations to the app.

I suspect it’s here to stay despite pleas from the travel industry to get rid of it, passengers often not impressed with it, and delays at airports as people struggle with it.

Edited by SouthAltaCruisingFamily
Wording
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

It was suppose to be only temporary.

Recently Toronto and Vancouver airports have added customs declarations to the app.

I suspect it’s here to stay despite pleas from the travel industry to get rid of it, passengers often not impressed with it, and delays at airports as people struggle with it.

If it includes customs information, it sounds like it must be filled out using a smart phone, not a home computer where it can be filled out in advance.

Not everybody has a smart phone.