Can you change person in cabin

tourismtessy

My husband and I are currently booked on a Christmas cruise and want to switch my Aunt in his place.  She is elderly and he would get his own room across from us.  Is it possible to call princess and switch names (his to hers) and not mess with our pricing? She is not currently booked on the cruise.

I would leave your booking as it is and book the second cabin for your Aunt.   Deal with the room change when you board.   It is basically access to an additional cabin which can be accommodated at Guest Services.   We have done it several times with no issues.

• Like 2

I agree with @HaveDogWillTravel.  Do it now.  Only one original passenger needs to remain on the booking.  Much less confusion onboard for everyone.

But I am unclear:  Will you and your aunty travel together and husband will be in the other cabin?  Or is the intent to have her in the other cabin?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But I am unclear:  Will you and your aunty travel together and husband will be in the other cabin?  Or is the intent to have her in the other cabin?

The OP wrote:

"She is elderly and he would get his own room across from us." I understand this as the husband will be by himself in the second room. 

Edited by sloopsailor

8 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

My husband and I are currently booked on a Christmas cruise and want to switch my Aunt in his place.  She is elderly and he would get his own room across from us.  Is it possible to call princess and switch names (his to hers) and not mess with our pricing? She is not currently booked on the cruise.

Are you Elites?  Single supplement on the  single room. We’ve done it both ways. Ask your TA the best way.  It’s easy just ask. GS does this quite frequently.

If you are elite and you move auntie into your room and hubby books single room you'll get 2 mini bars.   We've done similar things with family; once on board they simply made new keys for those switching rooms.  Not sure how it will work with the medallion doohickey... but I'd think they could be reprogrammed for new rooms.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, fishin' musician said:

If you are elite and you move auntie into your room and hubby books single room you'll get 2 mini bars.   We've done similar things with family; once on board they simply made new keys for those switching rooms.  Not sure how it will work with the medallion doohickey... but I'd think they could be reprogrammed for new rooms.

we (sister, BIL & I) have just had them program the medallions to open both doors, works very well for us

On 7/31/2022 at 7:54 PM, tourismtessy said:

I don't know how this may work out, but when someone tells me that "auntie" is elderly, they're often not spring chickens either.  What if you change the booking to a mini-suite or even a 3-4 person stateroom and everyone share it.  On the other hand, some elderly folks (around my age) have kids and/or nieces/nephews who are still you and frisky 😉, and that might not work out ...

On 8/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have to admit...when I saw the title of this thread ("Can you change person in cabin") I thought maybe Princess was introducing some kind of new magic act...

Or maybe swap partners if you get friendly with another couple during the cruise? 😀

On 8/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

If you and DH are booking with the Plus package and Auntie would not be.....you might want to be in the same cabin with DH when booking and put Auntie in a separate cabin, regardless of what it ends up to be on board....

On 8/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, fishin' musician said:

I would say the question of the Plus (or Premier) fare package is the critical one.  Decide who is going to be having the Plus.  If the couple does, then stay together and book the aunt as a single without Plus.  Then, just switch cabins on board.  

If no one is taking Plus, then if the couple is Elite, for sure switch now to get the Elite benefit in each cabin. 

If no one is taking Plus, and not Elite, I don't think it matters. 

Well, one thought there.  Do a mock booking of this second cabin as a single using either of the two in the couple.  Then, do it again not logged in as a newbie cruiser (which is the aunt's situation).  See if it makes a difference on the single cost.  It might be cheaper for the aunt to be in the cabin booked with one of the couple in order to get a good promo or past cruiser rate (it only takes on in the cabin to get the rate for all).  Then the husband books the single.

It's a bit of work with the pricing offers, but you will get to the best bottom line for all three combined. 

On 8/4/2022 at 3:46 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have to admit...when I saw the title of this thread ("Can you change person in cabin") I thought maybe Princess was introducing some kind of new magic act...

Maybe I can change my husband into Liam Hemsworth