Another Covid testing thread - but different

cableguynoe

So I leave on Aug 4 on a 4-day Cruise. So based on new info I know we don't need to test, right?

However, VeriFLY is still telling us in the app that we need to do our testing.

And Carnival just sent us this email yesterday (Monday).

What gives? They just haven't updated their info?

Getting worried and wondering if maybe we should just get tested today, since cruis eis 2 days out.

IMG_1989.jpg

25 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Verifly has not been updated yet.

Also know that if you are cruising to Bermuda, Bahamas, and I think Cayman or Grand Turk, a test is still required.

Going to Ensenada

23 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

Curious... does the health assessment require confirmation of negative test? Or is it just asking the general health questions and vaccination confirmation?

it has the check mark but won’t let me click on it. 
Is that standard?

93575595-2860-482D-B9FA-DF723E707AAF.png

1 hour ago, ctlyf said:

Curious... does the health assessment require confirmation of negative test? Or is it just asking the general health questions and vaccination confirmation?

It just asks general questions, the health assessment comes before testing window

49 minutes ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Check Carnival's website, they just reinstated pre-cruise testing for 5 day cruises to Bermuda, Grand Cayman and Bahamas (incl HMC & Nassau) 

Yeah, I wonder why?  Bahamas was the one obvious spot that didn't seem to require it based on the other lines dropping it. 

Especially when the official Bahamas website says:

• Effective 19 June 2022 fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country. Instead, valid proof of vaccination must be presented before boarding a flight to The Bahamas.
Edited by ProgRockCruiser

1 hour ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Check Carnival's website, they just reinstated pre-cruise testing for 5 day cruises to Bermuda, Grand Cayman and Bahamas (incl HMC & Nassau) 

I feel like that's most of Carnival's cruises, other than some of the Cozumel and Mexican Riviera routes.

Goodness so the announcement the other day has really been watered down. Sneaky on Carnival's part - make an announcement out in public and then walk back most of it's power a few days later in quiet.

• Like 2

@cableguynoe - thanks for asking this question, I was going to post the same thing. We're on an upcoming 4 day cruise on the Radiance and I was curious about VeriFly as well. Mine's showing the exact same thing as yours. Green checks for everything but the test.

I'll keep watching to see if VeriFly updates. If it doesn't, I'll probably just rely on printed documents as per usual.

• Like 1

You will likely have to skip VeriFLY if you are not testing. John Heald posted that VeriFLY did not currently match the Carnival requirements for cruises not requiring a Covid test. Since it is not a Carnival app, he was unsure when or if it would be updated.

• Like 1

Virgin, MSC, Royal and others have not made any changes to their rules regarding testing and the Bahamas so I'm not sure why Carnival is the only one to have made this change. And with no further clarification today it is doing to be a real mess at the pier next week if this is indeed true.. 

I looked on the Carnival website.  It shows the policy was updated on August 1 and does say that testing is required for Bahamas but, if you scroll down and continue reading there's a second section, also updated August 1, that just says Canada and Bermuda.  So which is it?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cableguynoe said:

So I leave on Aug 4 on a 4-day Cruise. So based on new info I know we don't need to test, right?

However, VeriFLY is still telling us in the app that we need to do our testing.

And Carnival just sent us this email yesterday (Monday).

What gives? They just haven't updated their info?

Getting worried and wondering if maybe we should just get tested today, since cruis eis 2 days out.

IMG_1989.jpg

Can confirm! Upon opening the app, it was still showing the yellow warning notice that the process wasn't complete. However, once I tapped on "View Pass," it thought for a moment and then showed a green "Ready to Sail" message for everyone in my party.

Hopefully everyone else is seeing similar. Just note, I had to go to the individual passes before the Ready to Sail message appeared.

• Thanks 1