Silhouette drinks prices and availability under upgraded drinks package.

Sheffben79

Hello

We are booked to travel towards the end of this month and have upgraded our drinks package what I understood include drinks up to $15 including champagne and large martinis.  Having just checked the bar prices on the app I cant see that there will be champagne available and the Martini bar is now priced just over the $15 limit at $15.50 per item.  I've also just spotted that the cherry tart pinot noir is now over the $15 limit at £17 a glass.

We enjoyed all of these drink within our package on our previous cruises.  Can anybody that has been onboard Silhouette recently confirm whether champagne was available under the drinks package at any bar and is the martini bar now over the package limit?

Thanks

B

24 minutes ago, Sheffben79 said:

Hello

We are booked to travel towards the end of this month and have upgraded our drinks package what I understood include drinks up to $15 including champagne and large martinis.  Having just checked the bar prices on the app I cant see that there will be champagne available and the Martini bar is now priced just over the $15 limit at $15.50 per item.  I've also just spotted that the cherry tart pinot noir is now over the $15 limit at £17 a glass.

If this is a sailing out of Southampton then you will probably find the limit is set to $18 and the prices adjusted accordingly...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

If this is a sailing out of Southampton then you will probably find the limit is set to $18 and the prices adjusted accordingly...

Ah so the prices are just slightly higher then in the UK?  I didn't know that.

I guess that's something to do with the tax laws.

Thanks

I'm sure there will be Champagne aboard that will fall under the premium.   We have ordered various wines with prices slightly over the top of the packages and while some wait staff will do the paperwork for an extra 50 cents most will not bother with the extra paperwork.

On my upcoming cruise they have Brut, Montaudon Champagne at $15.00 but this is a Iceland Greenland sailing out of Newark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheffben79 said:

Ah so the prices are just slightly higher then in the UK?  I didn't know that.

I guess that's something to do with the tax laws.

Thanks

Not the tax laws, but the way that the gratuity is figured. In America gratuity is added to the price of the drink. Out of Southampton, it is folded into the price of the drink. The total comes out the same.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

We are on Silhouette at the moment with the Premium drinks package (drinks include to a value of $18 including gratuity). We had a drink at the Martini Bar this evening; both Martinis were within the limit of the package. 

Thank you!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 7:01 PM, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks - i'd appreciate that.  Am due on Silhouette next month so interested to know  

Champagne has been difficult to track down, but we have found it.

Ensemble Bar has Cattier Brut by the glass and its covered by the premium drinks package.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, Sheffben79 said:

Champagne has been difficult to track down, but we have found it.

Ensemble Bar has Cattier Brut by the glass and its covered by the premium drinks package.

Cattier is OK - so good to know this.  Thanks for your help.     

4 hours ago, nasus2 said:

I was on silhouette  last month and was continually offered Prosecco even though I had premium package. I politely complained at guest services and then was given Cartier in restaurant. 

Thanks for this - good to know that guest services can make this happen. 

Disappointing that despite having the Premium package - they try to fob you off with prosecco 

4 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks for this - good to know that guest services can make this happen. 

Disappointing that despite having the Premium package - they try to fob you off with prosecco 

It is like all drinks served under a beverage package. You have to be very specific about what you ask for. You don’t ask for a vodka or you get the well pours, you need to ask for Grey Goose or Kettel one plus your mixers and you can ask for the can or the bottle of mixer rather than out of the gun.

The bar tenders will always give you the cheapest unless you ask for what you really want. 

Just making sure you know that even if it's over the package limit, that means something very different and much better if you have the premium package! The classic package, it's a hard cutoff, you can either get it or you can't (mostly can't). I always upgrade mine if the ticket came with the classic one - once you upgrade, it's a soft limit, you just pay the difference. Last cruise, I paid $5 for a full pour of $300 a bottle scotch on multiple occasions, no regrets. D 

2 minutes ago, neminem said:

Just making sure you know that even if it's over the package limit, that means something very different and much better if you have the premium package! The classic package, it's a hard cutoff, you can either get it or you can't (mostly can't). I always upgrade mine if the ticket came with the classic one - once you upgrade, it's a soft limit, you just pay the difference. Last cruise, I paid $5 for a full pour of $300 a bottle scotch on multiple occasions, no regrets. D 

Actually, this changed a few years ago. If you have the Classic package and you order something over $9.00, you pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference (just like it has always been for the premium package.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, late2cruisin said:

Actually, this changed a few years ago. If you have the Classic package and you order something over $9.00, you pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference (just like it has always been for the premium package.)

Oh! That is big news, a few years ago, though? I swear nobody ever told my wife that the cruise we took a couple months ago to Alaska, when I upgraded mine immediately because I thought that was the case, but nobody ever told my wife that, and she stayed under the limit the whole cruise? Haha. I guess we'll have to ask next time?