Is e med proctored covid testing available 24/7?

misha1

13 hours ago, RichYak said:

I agree with all of this except for 2 points.

Sunday is August 7, not August 8.

And your test that will be reported as 5:01am on 8/4 UTC will still be 1 day too early (3 days instead of 2)

You got me on that one and yes the cruise is on 8/7  -   Actually it was just a fun exercise. 

We decided instead of using eMed we will be giving OnPoint Testing a try using one of our Government test kits at 09:00am PDT on Friday before our noon flight.   We will be bringing our EMed kits along just in case. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You got me on that one and yes the cruise is on 8/7  -   Actually it was just a fun exercise. 

We decided instead of using eMed we will be giving OnPoint Testing a try using one of our Government test kits at 09:00am PDT on Friday before our noon flight.   We will be bringing our EMed kits along just in case. 

I too have the iHealth govt free kits.  I thought about using OnPoint for 14.99 to proctor.  Howhere does it say Celebrity approves iHealth or OnPoint.....confusing

1 hour ago, jjones1622 said:

I too have the iHealth govt free kits.  I thought about using OnPoint for 14.99 to proctor.  Howhere does it say Celebrity approves iHealth or OnPoint.....confusing

Yes they accept any proctored test as long as it has all the information they require (which they do)     If not you will hear of me scrambling last minute.

I know a number of people that have successfully used them on Celebrity.

I tested this morning, with Filipino proctors--my last ones were from India. I had a problem both times where they didn't understand the concept of a middle name--the first time the Indiana didn't want to accept it because I didn't put the middle name on my test registration, whereas it was on my ID. This morning the person evidently input my middle name as my last name, so my test results were sent with my first and middle name only. I called customer service, getting a Spanish-speaker this time, and I had to explain the concept of a middle name again until the problem was escalated, and an hour or so later I had a correct test result pdf. So the lessons are to make sure they get your name right, and the other thing I learned on my first try is that you need a device that can tilt to show the test on a table, which wasn't possible with my imac (without dangerous propping), so this time I used a Chromebook, which was much easier. If you plan to use a tablet or phone you need a way for it to point down at the test card on a surface while you use both hands to take the test. Finally, the Navica app isn't necessary at all, since you can go through the emed site. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I tested this morning, with Filipino proctors--my last ones were from India. I had a problem both times where they didn't understand the concept of a middle name--the first time the Indiana didn't want to accept it because I didn't put the middle name on my test registration, whereas it was on my ID. This morning the person evidently input my middle name as my last name, so my test results were sent with my first and middle name only. I called customer service, getting a Spanish-speaker this time, and I had to explain the concept of a middle name again until the problem was escalated, and an hour or so later I had a correct test result pdf. So the lessons are to make sure they get your name right, and the other thing I learned on my first try is that you need a device that can tilt to show the test on a table, which wasn't possible with my imac (without dangerous propping), so this time I used a Chromebook, which was much easier. If you plan to use a tablet or phone you need a way for it to point down at the test card on a surface while you use both hands to take the test. Finally, the Navica app isn't necessary at all, since you can go through the emed site. 

Good point about the ability to point.   I have a new laptop and the camera is in the bottom left corner. I found i can put the screen at a 45 degree angle and it shows the keyboard. 

I also have a USB High Definition Webcam that I will be using instead as it can be easily pointed.

Ok, so at 4 am, 2 days prior to embarkation, when we are ready to test, we open the e med site, follow the prompts and begin testing.  Once 1 person is completed, we sign out and re-sign in to complete the next test, and so forth for all travellers?  Or does it stay on the sign-in page and you just move on to the next person?

6 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Once 1 person is completed, we sign out and re-sign in to complete the next test, and so forth for all travellers?

This is correct. Sign in to the next user's account, wait for a new proctor, and do the same process all over again.

4am huh? Ouch. Make sure you have clean hands and your IDs at the ready to speed up the process.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Ok, so at 4 am, 2 days prior to embarkation, when we are ready to test, we open the e med site, follow the prompts and begin testing.  Once 1 person is completed, we sign out and re-sign in to complete the next test, and so forth for all travellers?  Or does it stay on the sign-in page and you just move on to the next person?

You definitely have the routine down.   The eMed site also has an option to also  log into your Navica account if you want a copy of your result QR code sent to the app.   One other thing to keep in mind is that when you get the results they are password protected (your birthrate MM-DD-YYYY)   If you upload them to Celebrity or other site they can't open them.   You will need to print or print to a pdf or take a screen shot.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Every person will need to register for an account, you can all register in advance.  One person = One account = One test result with their name.  As a couple, we test at the same time using two different devices, even did this before in a tiny pre-cruise hotel room.

• Thanks 1

I went to the E Med site, created an acct using my personal e mail.  There is a spot there at the sign in page to switch accounts. When I clicked on that I was prompted to enter the ither account holder's info. What if DH and I each have the same e mail?  I have not set his account up yet but if he needs a seperate e mail, we will need to set this up

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

I went to the E Med site, created an acct using my personal e mail.  There is a spot there at the sign in page to switch accounts. When I clicked on that I was prompted to enter the ither account holder's info. What if DH and I each have the same e mail?  I have not set his account up yet but if he needs a seperate e mail, we will need to set this up

We used two email accounts.  One account we both have access to on our iPhones (for her), and the other a gmail account (for me) which I also have access on my iPhone.  This way she has access to her results, and I have access to mine and also both on my iPhone.  

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We used two email accounts.  One account we both have access to on our iPhones (for her), and the other a gmail account (for me) which I also have access on my iPhone.  This way she has access to her results, and I have access to mine and also both on my iPhone.  

Thanks