2 year old drop off?

Depends on ship but mostly the answer is yes, though reservations are required (or we’re in June on Indy). We didn’t have issues getting reservations at all and used the nursery nightly from 7-11. We also reserved some daytime hours. 

• Like 1

@wesnliztheyre definitely vague but if you’re on a newer ship they should have the nursery. And yes, there’s a cost for daytime and slightly more for evening but it’s $8 or less an hour and 100% worth it. they give you a phone and will call you if your kid is inconsolable. Just an fyi 

35 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Grandma's house, before the cruise.

I think the dry expression on Soremekun’s face makes his many witty comments all the funnier.

Edited by Seannie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Grandma's house, before the cruise.

Funny! We did that few times, nice having Mommy/Daddy time alone. We did take GMA/Papa with us on Kids first Cruise, definitely helped at time Impossible get a 5 passenger Cabin. We had 1 kid assigned to their Cabin but all 5 of us were in an OV, with 2 Pullmans set up as 2 Bunk Beds and 2yr old sleeping with Mommy. After my Wife passed I just took the 3 Kids ages 3, 5, 9 on Cruises with me, just the 4 of us no issues and did it many times after...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wesnliz said:

Chosing to ignore his ignorant, insensitive comments that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, not withstanding the fact that the grandma has passed away. 

Well between your post title and thread content it does sound like it’s a business transaction 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

For free, drop off care (prior to covid), 2 year olds could attend the kids clubs with Carnival or Cunard.  2 is a tough age, because some 2 year olds are totally fine with daycare/kids clubs and others have a lot of anxiety.  Princess (prior to covid) would allow children under 3 to go into the kids club with parental supervision.  Princess' kids club was wonderful with the younger kids, and they did a lot to help them do the same activities as the older children.  There are nurseries on newer/refurbished RC ships, and Disney and the NCL escape.  But you need to book those hours ahead of time, and pay a fee, and sometimes you can't get the times you want.  Given Covid, you'd need to check on the forums to ensure that the nursery is running, and to see what people's experience is in terms of availability.  It's impossible to guarantee, but many people with children under 3 also have older siblings, so you might have a better chance when the schools are in session (but obviously you cannot know ahead of time what the availability will be).  

8 hours ago, wesnliz said:

Chosing to ignore his ignorant, insensitive comments that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, not withstanding the fact that the grandma has passed away. 

The humorless should stay off the internet.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

My understanding is there is a nursery on all ships for the under 3's but it is not a drop and leave. It's more of a play area.  But I've never cruise when my children were under 3 so that's just what I've been told by other passengers.  They used to have babysitting for that age but not all ships have it.  On the Anthem in March I remember talking to a parent saying it wasn't offered because they didn't have enough staff.  I'm pretty sure the in-room babysitting is completely gone now but maybe someone else will know 100%.

The 4 year would not be with the 2 year old as the 4 year old would be in Adventure Ocean.  Which is free until 10pm and then around $10 a hour until midnight.

12 hours ago, wesnliz said:

I'm sorry for your loss.  Both of my grandmothers are deceased.  We all have different life experiences.  However, when someone uses the word grandma, for me, it brings back good memories.... even if the person doesn't know if they're alive or not.

If I have committed the unforgivable sin, please block me using the "Ignore" feature built in to the Cruise Critic message board platform.

• Like 20

14 hours ago, wesnliz said:

We have a 2 and 4 year old - for night time drop off would they go to different areas? We’re looking at Oasis

Y, The 2 yo will be in the nursery and the 4 yo will be in one of the various Adventure Ocean programs. My 2 grandsons ages 4 & 9 loved Adventure Ocean and were in different groups because of the age differences. 

I'm sorry for your loss.  Both of my grandmothers are deceased.  We all have different life experiences.  However, when someone uses the word grandma, for me, it brings back good memories.... even if the person doesn't know if they're alive or not.

If I have committed the unforgivable sin, please block me using the "Ignore" feature built in to the Cruise Critic message board platform.

Wow, this board has become so serious lately lololol

• Like 3

If they were really offended by that obvious humor, they should stay off CC.  I personally LMAO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, wesnliz said:

This is helpful. I’m super frustrated with the rccl website. They make it seem like basically anyone under 3 has no options other than having a parent there full time, and no late night watching 

Nope, not going to say it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I see a problem over the last year or so:  a person asked a question here, and then other posters have to "qualify" whether the OP is "entitled" to ask that question, based on some sort of personal yardstick.

I've experienced it; I've seen it many, many times, and IMO everyone is entitled to ask a question here without judgement calls being made on their humor (or lack thereof), parenting skills, income level, health-related opinions, and..............

People have a habit of saying/posting, "Oh, get a grip, it's just a joke", when in reality it's really criticism, mean-sirited negativity, and cyber-bullying.

YMMV and JMO

Webster's opinion:

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun

1.the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcur said:

I see a problem over the last year or so:  a person asked a question here, and then other posters have to "qualify" whether the OP is "entitled" to ask that question, based on some sort of personal yardstick.

I've experienced it; I've seen it many, many times, and IMO everyone is entitled to ask a question here without judgement calls being made on their humor (or lack thereof), parenting skills, income level, health-related opinions, and..............

People have a habit of saying/posting, "Oh, get a grip, it's just a joke", when in reality it's really criticism, mean-sirited negativity, and cyber-bullying.

YMMV and JMO

They asked a question, people answered. One funny thing thrown in about bringing along grandparents which they took offense to (how was the person supposed to know they didn't have any and why would you actually get mad at that?)

Then the poster said this (maybe why they were mad at that comment):

This is helpful. I’m super frustrated with the rccl website. They make it seem like basically anyone under 3 has no options other than having a parent there full time, and no late night watching.

Parent of 2 that didn't get a break until the kids were basically old enough to stay home alone or be alone on a cruise. That's the sacrifices we make to have kids. Shrug. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, pcur said:

Webster's opinion:

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun

1.the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

hu·mor
/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
  1. 1.the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

hu·mor
/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
  1. 1.the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

I am known by my friends and family for having a great sense of humor.  I just find telling someone their concern about finding trustworthy child care is a "business transaction" is not humorous to me.  Telling a person your not going to mention something when it's obvious you AREN'T interested in answering their concern, but infers there's something wrong with them, isn't humorous.  Making a crude statement about someone having a stick up a body part is not humorous. 

I'm all for humor, but not at the expense of another person. We are so inundated in our culture by harsh, critical, demeaning "humor" that we don't recognize it's just rude and somewhat offensive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2