Guy's fries

southbayer

2 minutes ago, southbayer said:

Are guys fries still those original tasty ones that still get served ??  I've seen photos of crinkle cut fries, and also straight cut fries as well...

Nope, on the Magic in June they were sad crinkle cut fries.  I was really looking forward to those original boardwalk type fries too, was pretty disappointed lol.

We just got off of the Mardi Gras Saturday and it had the normal fries, they weren’t crinkle cut. But they just didn’t taste like they used to. I wasn’t impressed with them at all. The burgers however, were the best I’ve ever had at Guys. My husband even said they were better than In & Out Burger which says a lot. 

• Like 1

My most recent cruise they used the Deli's fries, but tossed in Guy's seasoning. They were okay.

Before they used a frozen thick-cut fry that was mushy and bland.

I wish they'd go back to the original fries from back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

My husband even said they were better than In & Out Burger which says a lot.

IDK... I grew up in the west with In & Out, and I think the obsession with them is overrated. So it's a low bar to clear in my opinion to be better than them... 😅 But I still agree that Guy's burgers ARE better lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

IDK... I grew up in the west with In & Out, and I think the obsession with them is overrated. So it's a low bar to clear in my opinion to be better than them... 😅 But I still agree that Guy's burgers ARE better lol

Same. Not an In and Out fan. But i respect the loyalty! LOL I thought the Guys burgers were better than expected based on he reviews I read before boarding the Glory last week. Fries were good and I loved the new Nacho burger which i added the fried onion ring and grilled onions to....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, southbayer said:

Are guys fries still those original tasty ones that still get served ??  I've seen photos of crinkle cut fries, and also straight cut fries as well...

Last cruise 4 weeks ago on the Liberty. Standard frys. Not the old Guy's ones. They were very good. However the ones at the deli were better. They only put a few out at a time so they are nice and hot.

17 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

I don't think In n Out is a low bar at all, I've eaten too many bad burgers I guess. I feel like a 🍔 should be at least as good as (or better than) In n Out or you can't call it a good burger.  Can't stand their 🍟 tho. I look forward to trying Guys!