Straw Poll on reversion on amended flexible booking conditions

Megabear2

As mentioned by Dermotsgirl the booking conditions have now reverted today to only one free move to an equivalent or higher priced cruise. Just out of interest and for amusement only, how will this affect your attitude to booking cruises from today or indeed were you thinking of moving a cruise but now find yourself locked in.

We currently have 3 cruises booked with P&O and don't expect to move any of them. We do still have the flexibility to move once so are not really worried at this moment in time. The update is not unexpected, whether it puts people off booking new cruises, only time will tell. Being retired I envisage a few cheapies for us over the next 12 months.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

As mentioned by Dermotsgirl the booking conditions have now reverted today to only one free move to an equivalent or higher priced cruise. Just out of interest and for amusement only, how will this affect your attitude to booking cruises from today or indeed were you thinking of moving a cruise but now find yourself locked in.

We have only moved a cruise once and only because we could. Normally we choose carefully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No problem for us. 

Actually,  I think it is a pretty reasonable policy. (Tin hat at the ready!)

I've no problem with it on my existing bookings but with new ones and the extortionate fares being quoted for select fares will certainly think twice before committing ahead and any new bookings for moving can only be select.

I see Cunard also changed today to mirror this.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

Just now, Megabear2 said:

I've no problem with it on my existing bookings but with new ones and the extortionate fares being quoted for select fares will certainly think twice before committing ahead and any new bookings for moving can only be select.

We won't be booking any for 2023 until the prices stop being silly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No problem for us. 

Actually,  I think it is a pretty reasonable policy. (Tin hat at the ready!)

Cannot keep chopping and changing forever , it had to end but you still get one bite

of the cherry .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Cannot keep chopping and changing forever , it had to end but you still get one bite

of the cherry .

Yup, we have our Princess and P&O cruises booked for next year. God willing, we will have no reason to change them.

• Like 2

No difference to be honest. We cancelled our remaining P&O Cruise two months ago, because we couldn’t get any enthusiasm going for it and felt as if P&O wasn’t right for us at the moment. Therefore we weren’t planning to book with P&O for the foreseeable. 

Other factors, such as the difficulty in getting a refund from them means we are even less likely to book with them in future. Seems a sad end to 2O years of cruises with them 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

of the cherry .

I've only changed one and that was enforced.  However many have chopped and changed merely due to P&O pricing changes and OBC.  Seasoned cruisers were used to the old lock in rules, I'm not so sure the new wave cruisers will be so prepared or keen particularly with, as Zap says, silly prices for 2023 onwards.  

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

No affect at all.  Have 7 cruises booked with P&O over the next two years, no intention of moving them.

And we will be wating for the next round of cruise launches from P&O or possibly Cunard for a QM2 TA.

Ditto! Although we only have 6 booked atm, but watch this space 🤣🤣 

I'm also looking at doing a Cunard TA 👍

As I mentioned elsewhere we should have been on Arcadia now but rebooked for Britannia in September as we were let down by our Poppy Patterdale sitter just before balance payment date so were very grateful to be able to move it and actually saved quite a bit in the process so happy days 👍

• Like 1

We don't actually have any cruises booked with P&O, this year it has been 3 with Princess and we currently only have 2 Princess cruises booked for next year.  We were disappointed with the last 2 P&O cruises to Fjords and Mediterranean but we won't rule P&O out if we see something on P&O that we feel like doing.

I’d already moved one ages ago to October 2023. I had wondered whether to change it to a shorter cruise due to my parent’s health but I hadn't moved it.

I must say it can’t have helped that on social media there’s lots of people boasting they’ve cancelled and re-booked just to get the extra OBC. I’ve got a paltry amount on my cruise. Yes next year’s prices are high but I’ve seen a lot that are, say pay an extra £400 to make it select - and get £600 OBC!

I only look at Aurora and Arcadia so no idea about prices on the others. Must say that with the current obc offer, I thought my Aurora cruise for next year was fairly reasonably priced. The only one I had priced previously was a 21 night itinerary to Iceland and the North Cape, which was expensive but it is an unusual itinerary...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I only look at Aurora and Arcadia so no idea about prices on the others. Must say that with the current obc offer, I thought my Aurora cruise for next year was fairly reasonably priced. The only one I had priced previously was a 21 night itinerary to Iceland and the North Cape, which was expensive but it is an unusual itinerary...

We have done the Iceland and North Cape cruise,  yes it is expensive but so worth it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have done the Iceland and North Cape cruise,  yes it is expensive but so worth it.

When I priced it at launch, it was over £200 per night for an inside cabin travelling solo. Think I'd also rather do one that is going up to Svalbard so will look to do it with either Fred Olsen or Ambassador.

I've 6 booked and must admit in the past year I have moved bookings quite a bit, often fetching deposits on very distant bookings into almost last minute getaways as I perceived better value. 

That said anyone who made bookings for 2023 / 2024 earlier on this year will see that prices have already risen quite substantially, given the cost of living and inflation predictions those bookings will look tremendous value by the time comes around.

1 hour ago, WelshmanAtSea said:

I've 6 booked and must admit in the past year I have moved bookings quite a bit, often fetching deposits on very distant bookings into almost last minute getaways as I perceived better value. 

That said anyone who made bookings for 2023 / 2024 earlier on this year will see that prices have already risen quite substantially, given the cost of living and inflation predictions those bookings will look tremendous value by the time comes around.

After 3 cruises this year and 3 last, we are quite prepared to wait. It prices don't drop,or they increase, a few hotel flyaways are on the cards. If they drop we will book some cruises.

• Like 1

We won't be changing any but will be changing when we book. We have booked on the opening day for several years now but I think  we will be changing to booking last minute and may revert to Saver fares as the price difference between Select and Saver has grown significantly recently.

• Like 1