Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum

Bellarion

After having our JFK Library excursion in Boston cancelled due to operational reasons, we are scurrying for another excursion.  Are there cabs available upon leaving the Enchanted Princess to drive us to the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum?  Any idea of price?  Thank you so much for any advice you can give. 

There will normally be a line of cabs outside the terminal.  Fare to Tea Party ship will be about $7 plus tip.  Quick note, if you google "taxi fare finder" and the name of the city, you will get a site that calculates the fares if you know the starting and end points.

1 hour ago, Bellarion said:

After having our JFK Library excursion in Boston cancelled due to operational reasons, we are scurrying for another excursion.  Are there cabs available upon leaving the Enchanted Princess to drive us to the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum?  Any idea of price?  Thank you so much for any advice you can give. 

Boston is one of those cities that have an excellent public transportation system, that will take you just about anywhere you want to go, if you would prefer not to use a cab.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Boston is one of those cities that have an excellent public transportation system, that will take you just about anywhere you want to go, if you would prefer not to use a cab.

Not right now it’s not!  We are having major issues with our subway system and they are going to shut down one line for 30 days. And our cabs are old and small. Very hard for someone like me to get in and out of. I would suggest Uber or Lyft. Traffic is always bad but if it’s not rush hour it’s okay. The subway system is a mess right now. 

17 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I don't know the excursion details, but the Boston Tea Party Museum Ships was a fun tour.  (We were land-based, not on a cruise excursion.)

This was the best Boston Tea Party. See photo 😁

Tony

C0C11820-9EF9-4DCD-901A-D05381A03AEC.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Not right now it’s not!  We are having major issues with our subway system and they are going to shut down one line for 30 days. And our cabs are old and small. Very hard for someone like me to get in and out of. I would suggest Uber or Lyft. Traffic is always bad but if it’s not rush hour it’s okay. The subway system is a mess right now. 

We only used the surface buses, but I think everyone in many of the large metro areas that have efficient transit systems complain about them.  I'm thinking of places like the New York boroughs, Boston, and San Francisco.  San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California, and the county has an efficient enough transit system and it runs pretty well, but the drawback is that very few buses actually have routes that will take a larger ridership to where it wants to go.  Light rail has been planned out a little better to serve a more diverse ridership, but it only serves major corridors and not those that bus riders need to go.

6 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

We only used the surface buses, but I think everyone in many of the large metro areas that have efficient transit systems complain about them.  I'm thinking of places like the New York boroughs, Boston, and San Francisco.  San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California, and the county has an efficient enough transit system and it runs pretty well, but the drawback is that very few buses actually have routes that will take a larger ridership to where it wants to go.  Light rail has been planned out a little better to serve a more diverse ridership, but it only serves major corridors and not those that bus riders need to go.

No, seriously. The subway system is a complete mess right now. They are shutting parts of it down for a month because it’s so bad. Fires.  Crashes. A person died because he was caught in the door and the train kept going!  If I still had to go the office every day I am not sure what I would do for a month. But I hear you. In general, we have a good public transit system. Just not right now for the 2022 New England/Canada cruise season.