Permanent Cutbacks on Carnival

JT1962

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

For the first time since COVID I don't have a Carnival cruise booked, and I have no immediate plans to book another. I'm waiting for Carnival to bring their standard of service back up to where it was before COVID.

Standing by your convictions. That is good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Since March, the filet mignon that was served with the steak and eggs at brunch was replaced with the same nasty, tough strip loin served on the every night section of the MDR menu. Poor decision by Carnival.

Oh no!  I've always been intrigued by the steak and eggs concept and a few times almost pulled the trigger.  I guess there's no need to bother now.  ☹️ Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Oh no!  I've always been intrigued by the steak and eggs concept and a few times almost pulled the trigger.  I guess there's no need to bother now.  ☹️ Thanks for the update. 

The petite filet was delicious, and consistently so. The new steak is a significant downgrade on the seaday brunch menu. But the seaday brunch menu has lots of other good options.

19 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which changes are the ones that people would cancel a cruise for?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Going on my 6th cruise in a few weeks this year. I am not canceling. I do not cruise to eat bad pizza after midnight.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which changes are the ones that people would cancel a cruise for?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Going on my 6th cruise in a few weeks this year. I am not canceling. I do not cruise to eat bad pizza after midnight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ledges1 said:

LOL, got it (Come to New Haven, the pizza capital of the world, maybe that would change you mind on at least that one).  That said,  my question was real (appreciate your candor), I really did wonder what would be meaningful enough.

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cancelling the Comedy Shows
MDR having an additional charge

Those are the big two that are obvious lines in the sand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, got it (Come to New Haven, the pizza capital of the world, maybe that would change you mind on at least that one).  That said,  my question was real (appreciate your candor), I really did wonder what would be meaningful enough.

And pigs can fly.

32 minutes ago, mz-s said:

For the first time since COVID I don't have a Carnival cruise booked, and I have no immediate plans to book another. I'm waiting for Carnival to bring their standard of service back up to where it was before COVID.

I can put up with a few cut backs as long as Carnival wants to keep giving the cruises away.   I currently have 9 Carnival cruises booked, all on free offers.  It used to two or three per year. I'm sure if they get back to their normal standard of service all of the really great offers will end 

16 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Seems kind of 'special' to see New Haven & pizza in the same sentence.  I assume you haven't had a Chicago pizza.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This^^^, well said!! Concur 100%. This divide and conquer tactic is as old as time and still very effective. Why target a large group when you can target multiple sub-groups that equal a large group? Art of war can apply to business and politics just the same: chip, chip chip. 

Mic Drop!!!

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Seems kind of 'special' to see New Haven & pizza in the same sentence.  I assume you haven't had a Chicago pizza.

I have not had either. However, grocery store frozen pizza is better than Carnival.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

LOL, I have. Kind of a Calzone without the top….right?😂  Do not want to go off track.  I can send you the links proclaiming why I think what I do…but that is another topic.

8 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

MDR has real breakfast unless that's another cutback.  You want filet mignon, bacon, eggs your style, a bunch of Italian and Spanish egg stuff like fritatas (sp)?  You got it plus much more.  Plus the OJ in MDR at breakfast is surprisingly very, very good.

I believe the filet mignon at the sea day brunch has been down graded to a cheaper cut of beef, similar bto how the strip steak got down graded to flat iron and then down graded again to strip loin.

And why hasn't anyone complained about the lack of dessert choices in the MDR?  There are the standbys of warm chocolate melting cake, ice cream and cheese plate.  And then the rotating ones are one sugar free option and only one regular option instead of at least three or four back in the day.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mz-s said:

None of the mainstream cruise lines have brought their standard of service back up to where it was back in 2019.  I've cruised on Celebrity, Carnival, Princess and Royal this year.  

If you're going to wait, enjoy vacationing at all inclusives for awhile because cruising as we knew it in 2019 may not be back for awhile.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Yes, the last few times I've had it it was horrible.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You mean lasagna pizza that you eat with a knife and fork instead of a slice that you fold in half and lean forward to eat so you don't drip some grease on yourself?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I can put up with a few cut backs as long as Carnival wants to keep giving the cruises away.   I currently have 9 Carnival cruises booked, all on free offers.  It used to two or three per year. I'm sure if they get back to their normal standard of service all of the really great offers will end 

"At least it's cheap" and "I'm just happy to be cruising again" aren't good enough for me. I'm tired of the COVID cop outs personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, breadandbutter said:

Carnival just keeps lowering the standards and quality of food. I'm ditching them, I've had enough. When I go on a cruise I like to have a good choice of quality (and tasty) food, not Golden Corral!

I hear a walmart name drop coming…..

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Yeah, those billions are not real.

So charge us more. Look at Disney - they had to close their park for COVID, they've started charging more for everything, and yet the parks are still full every day. People want to travel and they want a good experience when they're spending their money.

• Like 5