Live From the Summit, 8/7 to 8/31, from an Aqua passenger viewpoint

Ken the cruiser

36 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We arrived home around 5:30 pm and the temperature was 95F! But it's good to be home again, even if it is a little toasty. 

There's no place like home! Thanks for the "live from" thread. Much appreciated!

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much....enjoyed following your adventures on the Summit. I will be on the ship in October and wondering what the current quarantine protocols are if testing positive. Can you stay in original booked cabin or are you moved? 

36 minutes ago, rtn said:

Thanks so much....enjoyed following your adventures on the Summit. I will be on the ship in October and wondering what the current quarantine protocols are if testing positive. Can you stay in original booked cabin or are you moved? 

That appeared to be the case on both of our legs where you stayed in the same cabin if you tested positive. I believe the minimum time limit was 5 days before you tested again. But there were a few on the Roll Call that tested positive and have actual stories to tell, so you may want to ask your question there if you need more detailed information. 

Thank you for your detailed postings.  We are boarding in a couple weeks and so looking forward to it.  Our last Summit cruise was in January 2020 shortly before the big shutdown.

I don't remember seeing this info so forgive me if I missed it.  Do you recall the maitre d' and hostess names in Blu?  We sail Celebrity a lot and love to check back in with some of our staff friends.

49 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thank you for your detailed postings.  We are boarding in a couple weeks and so looking forward to it.  Our last Summit cruise was in January 2020 shortly before the big shutdown.

I don't remember seeing this info so forgive me if I missed it.  Do you recall the maitre d' and hostess names in Blu?  We sail Celebrity a lot and love to check back in with some of our staff friends.

I know the hostess name was Yuri, but I never heard nor did I ask what the maitre d’s name was. He was a nice guy though and listened when you had a question. I think he had only been on the ship for a couple of months. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I know the hostess name was Yuri, but I never heard nor did I ask what the maitre d’s name was. He was a nice guy though and listened when you had a question. I think he had only been on the ship for a couple of months. 

Thanks for the response 

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 5:37 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

We have arrived in Boston under light showers which hopefully will come to an end by the time we start disembarking at 8 am! As I mentioned early, we’ve had a great time and would recommend this cruise, either or both legs, without hesitation! 😁

5759B516-CED0-40AA-BE53-8FAF2887CDFC.thumb.jpeg.62763a8147fab56f1d5d1d2e985bee63.jpeg

A8D2E441-A18E-455C-9E29-FFC2CF1240DF.thumb.jpeg.92f764c3c3b338b6c215689ba4cd5726.jpeg

BTW our next cruise will be in mid November on the NCL Jade where we will be cruising on our first leg from Athens to Dubai, that will include going through the Suez Canal and taking a cruise down the Nile. However, the second leg, if you can believe it, will be the highlight for us as we will be cruising down the east coast of Africa to Cape Town where we have 3 safaris booked. So you can just image how excited we are just envisioning all of the cool animals we’re going to see along the way!! 😁

So if you want to tag along on that thread, I’ll post a link to it on this thread once we start preparing for that adventure in mid November! Until then, stay safe and have a fun time on your next cruise!!

Hi all! As I mentioned earlier, we will be going on a 38-day B2B cruise on the NCL Jade starting Nov 13th leaving out of Athens and winding up in Cape Town. If you would like to follow us along on this awesome adventure, I just started my Live From thread. I know it's still a little early, but we are super excited! 😁

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Hi all! As I mentioned earlier, we will be going on a 38-day B2B cruise on the NCL Jade starting Nov 13th leaving out of Athens and winding up in Cape Town. If you would like to follow us along on this awesome adventure, I just started my Live From thread. I know it's still a little early, but we are super excited! 😁

For those of you that haven’t cruised through the Suez Canal yet, we’re going through it now and I’m posting a bunch of pictures to my above NCL Jade thread.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 9:25 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

For those interested I just started a Live From thread that will cover our 33-day cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse across the Pacific from Sydney to Vancouver by way of Honolulu which you are more than welcome to follow along.

Greetings from the Ensemble Lounge on the Eclipse. 
I’ll see you in a week!