Pier 91 to SEATAC

SJSULIBRARIAN

Sorry for what I know is an often-asked question. Is it possible to make an 11AM Southwest flight on a Saturday in September doing early bird walk off from the Eurodam? I know I could get there easily but don't know how airport security has been this year in Seattle. I have TSA Pre-check.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Sorry for what I know is an often-asked question. Is it possible to make an 11AM Southwest flight on a Saturday in September doing early bird walk off from the Eurodam? I know I could get there easily but don't know how airport security has been this year in Seattle. I have TSA Pre-check.  Thanks.

CLEAR is offering a free 2 month trial, might be something to look at. However, if you're checking luggage, you're still at the mercy of the airline counter for timing, which will make it harder. If you are carry-on only, plus TSA, PLUS CLEAR, then I would feel comfortable with 11am, but that's a tough trifecta. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have made a 10:45 flight on Saturday morning with early walk off but the taxi line there can be awful.  As it is the weekend and you are heading away from town we have not run into bad traffic.  Wish you were at Pier 66 as it was a breeze from there.

This past Saturday - off ship and out door by 8 am.  Seattle Express to airport, checked in bags at American, changed ticket in the process, went through TSA (no line) and was at the gate by 9:30 am.

Not very busy and even regular security line looked to only be about 40-50 people.

My son and I flew home from SeaTac a week ago today and despite arriving 2:15 minutes before the flight, we only made it to the gate 30 mins before boarding was to start (plane ended up 30 mins late). TSA lines were crazy bad, and one line stopped taking people because it wasn’t moving. They sent us to the next line which was about an 8 minute walk. The line was loooong but moving. I had to leave my purse and bags on the belt because I couldn’t do metal detector because of two new knees, and then my purse, bag and my crotch alerted, so I had to get secondary pat down in front of God and everybody and my purse and bag had to be searched. (I believe this was a non cruise ship crowd so just a regular day)

I also have an 11 am return flight after the cruise, so I have decided to stay an extra night because I’m getting older and don’t want to stress out. This means I’ll be flying home on my birthday lol.

ETA: having written all of that, I’m now wondering if I should give it a shot flying home the same day since it’s a Sunday.

Edited by spleenstomper